Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Elisimo ... Hang in there I am praying you get the right help and comfort L.Cath

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Kind of falling to peices this evening.  Looking at old photos is not a good thing to do if you are already down in the dumps.  Too many friends and family have been lost recently to cancer and in my mind I seem to be next on the list since I am the oldest person in my father's family still living!  Everyone is now asking me for advice and what to do and I just want to find a hole and crawl in and cover myself up.  

Tomorrow will be better and the sun will shine.  Love all you sisters.  AJ

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

hang in there AJ.  I have not been on here much lately been very busy with work and DH and I started up a ministry so evenings and weekends have been full as well.  I will be praying for you.  I know you are in a hard place right now.  I hope the radiation is going OK for you.  I take Zometa every six months.  The only time I have had a problem was when I did not drink enough fluids. Made me feel like I had the flu my body just ached.  Since then I have been fine.  ((((((HUGS))))) 

• Elisimo
    Options

Thanks Sherry. I am feeling better now, even though I am really tired.  That is to be expected from the radiation.  I see my MO on the 14th and I will find out how often I will get the Zometa.  I think I am getting it every month at least for a little while, since my bones are where the progression was found.  I appreciate all the prayers, I truly believe prayers are what have kept me around this long.

Hugs and love, AJ

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    Options

I have not been around for many months either.  I prayers are always with my sisters in the battle against this cancer.

I will start volunteering at a local hospital Monday.  I will be in the Women's Clinic working with those having mamograms and biopsys.  Will also be attending support group meetings to encourage others beginning the walk I started in Nov. 2010.  I am will graduate to the floor visiting patients who have undergone surgery.  I just want to let women know their lives are not over when they get a positive report. 

Lost my husband of 46 years in Feb. of this year.  I am just starting to make a life for myself.  I want to be a positive influence.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I'm guilty

Have not been here for a while...sorry...no excuse

Mimidi--good for you...helpin other sistas.sorry about ur hubby.

Thinkin of you AJ...hope everything is going well for u.

Where did everyone go?

This is where it all started...come back home...

• Mimidi
    Options

Granny it is amazing that when I first found this site after my dx I lived with my computer reading all the posts I could.  How this helped me make it through all the treatments.  I think everyone is just out living.  Maybe during the winter more will make it back to visit.  I do feel it is important for us who are survivors to encourge the new sistas. It sure helped me when I would read the posts of those who had walked in my shoes and were doing great. 

Everyone have a great day!!!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I have been AWOL as well but am glad to see everyone again. Group hugs!!

• Mimidi
    Options

Enoyed working at the Women's Health Center today.  Prepared things to fax and worked on posting result of biopsys to a a notebook.  Met ladies coming in for mamograms and biopsys.  Saw ladies waiting for their biopsys to be done.  I do hope that before too long I can talk to them and give them encouragement.

• FireKracker
    Options

Barbara A...welcome home.

How r u?

One by one they are coming back...yay

Group huggggggggg

I'm in...

I no we lost 2 very special sistas....

Please lets honor them by showing up.

Xo Grannydukes

• kallimom
    kallimom Member Posts: 9
    Options

I to have not checked in here for a long time...guess that is good. So far all of my scans have come back negative. About a year ago I had a little surgery because one of the implants had moved way up and was in danger of rupturing, so glad I had it taken care of when I did. What really made me think about this group is that a young women I met last week has her 34 yr old sister going through this, so I gave her the www. address with hopes people will be able to help her through the journey just as we have helped each other....healthy days ahead for all of you.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Sorry to be AWOL my sisters..things have been so crazy for me....a few downs but many more ups to be happy about!

I have my onc appointment creeping up again...and my 6 month mammo...the nerves are starting to find their way in again...GRRRR!

Always praying for my 2010 sisters....I mean it...every night praying for us all...

Love and hugs,

Tori

• huntreiter3
    huntreiter3 Member Posts: 12
    Options

I started this group post way back in 2010 and am now just returning. Im feeling run down and my bones hurt like an 80 yr old a lot but Im still here with no relapses to date. Im returning because I cant seem to grasp that this is my new normal, I feel I just haven't returned to normal yet. Wouldn't it be nice to all be able to afford to meet and spend a weekend getting together while being pampered with spa treatments! Im going to go back through the post to catch up and see how everyone else is feeling now and which two sisters we've lost. Hugs to everyone! Jen

• Hey sistahs!

Well it seems we all have the same timing just about.  I've not been on the boards for more than a year (maybe two?) as I tried to move on with life and not dwell on cancer.  So far all of my checkups and blood work have been clear, and for that I am thankful although I have a small sense of dread that it will return someday.

I hate tamoxifen and the body aches are horrendous.  I just turned 50 and feel 90.  My feet are in pain every day and I hobble like crazy. But I'm here!Foot in Mouth

I was just reading the article by Dr. Weiss about dieting vs. healthy eating as I've been struggling with my weight which just keeps going up, of course that adds to my overall sense of well-being (or not-well-being).  I've got 2 more years of Tamoxifen; hopefully I'll feel better when I discontinue it.

Good to see that so many of us are still here.

Godspeed!

• FireKracker
    Options

It's so nice to have this checkin.

Don't ua think we need a group huggggggg

Torigirl....sweetie we came a long way baby...

Hunter-we lost Marybe,and Still Vertical.2 of the ones from the begining.

Mrs nice---it's been way to long.

As for me GUILTY...don't come on here as much as I should but I am still on the boards putting 1 foot in front of the other.

Wouldn't a get together be fun......

Everyone talks about it but it usually don't happen

I did see a few sistas and it was awesome..

All my love to all of u.

Grannydukes

• barbaraa
    Options

Hi to everyone. I have my last 6 month mammo 10/31 then I am on to once a year. I am not taking arimidex so I don't have that bunch of symptoms. I feel good overall but I do miss Marybe and Melissa. My onc is done with me so that is a relief. Anyway, here's to us!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Here's to all of us...

• FireKracker
    Options

its party time...one by one they are comin back slowly.yay

Thank God everyone sounds like they are doin well.

keep up the good work..

and lets keep on checkin in.

big huggggs to all of u and to US.

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    Options

Glad everyone is doing well. Here's to all of us! Have a great weekend:)

• FireKracker
    Options

Wally---its always nice to see your face...

You are a faithful sista.

xoxo Grannydukes who is now called fireKracker

• Elisimo
    Options

Wow! I have not been here in a long time. I have had more downs than ups lately and tests have not been the best news, but I am still here and still moving so all is good. Femara stopped working after 3 years and I am on to Tamoxifen and Aredia IV has been replaced with Zometa and we are still in the wait and see period to see if it is working or not. Onco is thinking I am having a Tamoxifen flare and wants to wait another month before changing course again. Had 2 more rounds of radiation to deal with bone mets and the pain the are causing which have helped some. Current round is on T12 - L3 and should be over by the 30th. CT of the brain is to be scheduled for next week to see if they can find a reason for this constant headache that I have had since Jan. 2013! Oh well, it is what it is and I am still in the game. I'll try to stop by more often expecially for these group hugs.

Joy and blessings, AJ

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hello Everyone am doing OK Elisimo, I am praying for you I hope it works I know your kindness during my treatment and I am sorry you are still struggling, Stay Strong and know we are ALL here for YOU L. C:)

• torigirl
    Options

Hello 2010 sisters...

Always so wonderful to see everyone that is checking in and keeping us all up to date...

I promise you...I pray for you all everyday...I lift you and your intentions to God and pray that all is going better and better for you all each day...

Mrs. Nice...GREAT to hear from you...and I get it when it comes to the 'weight' thing..I'm always struggling with that...

Grannydukes--you are the best! Always so upbeat and feisty!

AmyJo-special prayers for you everynight as well, my friend...

Had my 6 month mammo, bloodwork and vist with onc...all still good, and I'm so thankful...but, I still struggle..more than I thought I would after 3+ years...I get the blues more than I would like and will be so thankful when my husband gets back from his deployment (been gone since Dec 2012)...maybe that will be what I need to get back on track...

I love my 2010 sisters!!!

GROUP HUG!!!!!

Tori

• barbaraa
    Options

So the mammo was clear but my breast had a scaly red patch for a month or so but it is smaller and is getting better. Anyway long story short, the mammo chick basically made me go to my onc. He, in turn, wants me to go to the surgeon. So that is next on the plate.

AJ sorry you are hurting. HUGS pal!

Good to see everyone!

• Sherryc
    Options

2010 Sisters it has been ages since I have been on here. I am feeling really good and getting on with life. My MO has me doing 6 month until my 5 years. My next appt is the end of December. Will see my PS in a couple of weeks so I hope he likes what he sees, he has also taken over for my BS so I don't have to go there any longer. And this may be my last time with the PS unless I have problems.

Elisimo hope you are feeling better. (((HUGS))))

• torigirl
    Options

Hope my 2010 sisters had an amazing Thanksgiving! Cant believe that it's December! Got myself a chest cold, so just trying to get through that junk. But, I guess it is that time of year!

Love and prayers to you all...

Still praying everyday for us all....

Love and HUGE HUGS to all...

Tori

• Sherryc
    Options

Tori I have had the head congestion turned into a sinus infection. Think you are right it is that time of year.

Saw my PS and he did not like what he saw. I am not surprised really. My rads breast got hammered during rads and it is just not holding up to the reconstruction. But the good news is it does not hurt. He wants to do another surgery on that breast to try to fix it but he said I can do it whenever I feel like it. I told him I want to wait awhile I'm just not up to more surgery at the moment life is just too busy. He smiled and said call him when I'm ready.

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Love you all and wish you a happy 2014!!

• Sherryc
    Options

Can you all believe we have been on this journey over three years now.

• FireKracker
    Options

GUILTY IS ME

Sorry havnt been here for a long time

I have been in mourning but I'm starting the new yr.finding me.

2013 has been a bad year

Good by

WELCOME 2014

Find a damn cure this yr.

Yup goin on 4 yrs. strong sistas..

Xoxoxo Grannydukes became FireKracker,,,