Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    Options

Yes, three years.  Why so hard and why was it so long? I finally just quit. Enough and no more. I refuse to lose another three, especially if those might be the last three I have left.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Shells - love the picture!  Seems like 3 years was a long time ago, but this last year just flew by,

I have had a rough couple of months (6) with everything.  My femara stopped working so was put on tamxifin and that did absolutely nothing, and now I am waiting for my new meds, Xeloda, to get here.  My MO said that I could not get it at the pharmacy and they would order it ahd have is delivered to the house with the dosing on the label.

This is all kind of scary for me because of all the SEs listed for this drug.  I was also told by my MO that I could come in anytime, anyday to see him that I wanted to, even if it was just to cry.  He is such a caring man, I am glad he is my MO.  The tamoxifin left me with some unusual things. Like panic attacks, legs that fall asleep very quickly when I sit down, tremmors in my hands, and feeling very weak and tired all the time.  I am a mess right now.

I am still holding on to the possibility of being able to see my youngest grandchild get married. (She will be 2 on Jan.20th.)  I told my MO at the beginning that is what I wanted to happen and he said "then that is what we will do". However, with every drug change I feel like my time is getting shorter.  I know I will alway be in treatment since I am stage IV with Mestatic Breast Deasase, but I am still hanging in there.

Hugs to all, AJ

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

FireKracker...(love that name Grannydukes!)

Sisters, my sisters...

I've too, am guilty of being MIA...so many things going on around me, (some amazing, I have forgotten too often to take some time for myself and come to visit with my family here...2013...husband was gone the whole year, but he is homes safe and stateside...I sold 2 homes while he was gone and now he has decided to retire.  We will be in OK for another 6 months and then off to Georgia where he wants to retire.  

2014 will surely have it challenges, but I'm praying that for all of us, those challenges will be overcome because we are strong, and we have each other...

I still pray everyday for us all..praying hard and often...

I love you my 2010 sisters..

Tori

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Tori,,is that really U?

Sooo good to hear from u and sooo glad hubby is finally gonna retire.

as yr.was really shitty for me

3surgeries

Lost my best friend to freekin cancer

Nov.took our lill veggy?don't no if u no her but she was like another daughter to me

Just like u are.

Starting the new year goin to a funeral tomorrow..

On a betta note we made it

Yeah we did

Three long hard yrs.but thank God we r here to speak about it.

It's so nice to see all the sistas checkin in.

I too pray for each and every one of U

Prayin for the cure in 2014....

Xoxo I AM THE FIREKRACKER

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Hi all, checking in. AJ so sorry you are felling poorly. ((HUGS)) So my tumor markers went from 19 to 37. They retested a month later and it is 43. Sigh. Don't know what's next. Sigh. Happy birthday to me. 62 and hanging in.

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    Options

Hey there BarbaraA,  I had a few TMs run in the the early part of my journey but I became so anxious about them that I started refusing them.  I am older and can't stand all that stress every six months.  Now the Onco told me last June that studies have shown that if a woman is prone to being anxious (like me) that the TMs can give you a false/positive.  Just saying....

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Hey all, just checking in again.  Barbara, tumor markers tests don't mean too much, my onc says, he doesn't use them. He just wants me to be vigilant about how I am feeling, pain, energy levels, etc., that that is the best indication. I don't know if that makes me feel any better or not.

I agree 2013 was a bad year, good riddance. I guess it was the 13 part. On to 2014.

My dear Elisimo, I do pray for you and wish you many and pain-free days ahead. This disease is just awful. For all the money spent, you would think we would have more and better treatment options available. I saw a guy on TV last night (60 minutes) who was using genetics and fruit flies to find out which drugs are effective against your personal cancer type. I think this individualized medicine is the way things will go. He inoculates the flies with cells from your tumors, and grows them in the fruit flies. Then they start testing each fly with a different drug or drug cocktail until they determine which one kills the tumor. Pretty cool. They might have said he was at Vanderbilt.

Hope all of you are having a great day!

• FireKracker
    Options

Hi Shells

Nice to see you

Remember me???

I was Grannydukes,,,,

Sistas remembering sistas who held each other's hands from the begining of this ugly journey

I think of all of you and pray this will be the year of the cure

AJ I hope ur doing betta now

Huggggs to everyone

YUP I AM THE FIREKRACKER

• barbaraa
    Options

hi all. My tumor marker test has always been in the low 20's and it has crept up to 50. Onc is out of town so I need to distract myself until Tuesday. Thinking a PET scan is in my future. Sigh. 

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Just had to pop in and say hello to all....damn four years...I think of you all often and pray for all to live long and healthy. (Damn I sound like Star Wars or something:)

• FireKracker
    Options

Awww Barb damn I'm sorry to hear that

Please post and let us no

We worry about each other and it's nice to see a checkin

U no ur in my prayers

And you Annette. It's always nice to see u

Yup four yrs has passed

THANK U GOD

It's nice to see everyone every now and then

Please pray for the damn cure

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    Options

BarbaraA,  I know how worrisome the tumor marker tests are but please remember there are other things that effect the results such as having an infection, anxiety, etc.  Many studies have been done and these are not absolute or perfect.  I don't even bother with them anymore b/c I would get sooo stressed.  Onco agreed with me and is fine with not doing them.

Wishing you good thoughts and will keep you in prayer.

Jeanny

• barbaraa
    Options

Thanks for the boost sistahs. I should know something Tuesday or Wednesday. Am thinking PET but who knows.

• Elisimo
    Options

Barb - what news have you hear lately?  Missing you and all my friends here on BCO. Been having a really rough time lately and most times I don't feel like doinn anything except try and sleep if I can get past the pain long enough to get to sleep.

• FireKracker
    Options

hi AJ

Barb hasn't let us no what is going on

I'm sorry ur havin all this pain

If only everyone would check in once in a while we can have our good old group huggggg

I'll be prayin for u,

And please keep in touch

Most of the 2010 sistas still keep in contact

WHY DONT THEY COME HOME MORE OFTEN

I'm not Grannydukes anymore

I'm the FireKracker..

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hi barbara, I hope you are doing better my prayers to you and ALL of us take care everyone...L.C

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hi Elisimo..Thinking and praying for you hang in there L.C

• torigirl
    Options

Checking in with my 2010 sisters...

Praying everyday for you all....

Love,

Tori

• nevadapaula
    nevadapaula Member Posts: 3
    Options

I just found about LuvRVing.  RIP.

• shells43
    Options

Me too! Check in time!! AJ, I am in Durham until Friday. I will PM you!!

• FireKracker
    Options

Happy Mothersday to all my 2010 sistas

• barbaraa
    Options

Hi all, sorry I didn't post here. Started a new one. Anyway, CT scan was last wed. Seeing the doctor tomorrow for the results. I went online and tried to read the results. I don't speak medical but from what I can tell nothing changed. I will update everyone tomorrow after I see him. This sucks.

• barbaraa
    Options

YAY! Both the sternum ones are smaller than he considers 'watchable' and the clavicular one is GONE! YAY! We will scan again in August but he thinks I am OK. Whew.

• FireKracker
    Options

nice goin sista

Had me worried there

Please keep us posted

U no we worry about u

When was the last time I told u how much I hate this damn disease?????

• Elisimo
    Options

BarbA, glad for the good news.  Miss you gal pal.

Hey there everyone, just popping in to see what is happening.  Been out of pocket for some time.  This has been a rough year with all the changes in meds and trying to find things that I am not allergic to. I am now on Warfarin, Abraxane, and Zometa for my bone treatment.  Had my first abraxane last Wed and so far so good.  Just get so very tired so easily.  No bad SEs yet. but it is still early.  Hope everyone is having a nice Springtime.

Joy and blessings, AJ

• EWS
    EWS Member Posts: 1
    Options

I haven't been on for almost two years but wanted to check in . . . I am a neoadjuvant TCH gal followed by a bilateral mastectomy, currently on Tamoxifen even though I had a complete hysterectomy last spring due to severe, complex cysts on my ovaries. I was 34 at time of diagnosis.  My onc says I am the poster child for 10 years of Tamoxifen due to my age and the bone health benefit, so . . . I have 2.5 years of Tamoxifen finished and a lot to go!  If it keeps me disease-free to see my girls grow up, then I will happily endure the bone popping and night sweats that are my new norm. 

I have been living life with my sweet family--two daughters (9 and 12) keep us very busy, which I have found to be the best medicine.  I have a breast friend young mom here in NC who just found hers has metastasized to her lung, and we are devastated, so I came back here tonight to see how everyone is doing.   I consider surviving to be winning, so congrats to all who are winning the fight each day!

• shells43
    Options

Welcome back EWS, looks like it's been almost a month since you posted! We 2010 gals are not so active anymore which is good, but y'all need to check in with us now and then! EWS keep truckin' and keep a tight hug on those girls, they grow up so fast!

BarbA I just got caught up on your situation and glad to read things are looking more positive than you thought. Relieved that you are in watch and wait mode rather than something else! XOXO

Elisimo, I'm headed your way again the 2nd week of July, so if you see this, text me, I sent you a PM last time. I don't care if you stay in your jammies, I think we should get together if you feel good enough. Your hummingbirds want to watch us on the porch...XOXO

GrannyD, we can never forget you! Glad to see you are still stirring things up! XOXO

I'm awake because of a thunderstorm and a job that makes me drink (wine in hand) so I will go back to sleep soon (I hope).

No one knows like us what we go through, even when we are feeling fine, the unknown of the future is hanging over us like a gray cloud sometimes. Wishing us all health and peace.

• torigirl
    Options

sisters..

Crazy last month and a half, but so happy to see that we always come back here to check on our family.

I am sincere when I say there is not a day that I don't think of you all and am praying for beautiful, healthy years for us all...

Tori

• shells43
    Options

Hey all, has anyone heard from AmyJo? I'm getting worried about her. I have tried PM with no success.

• FireKracker
    Options

Hi everyone

Shells,I. Just checked with another sista on AmyJo and she is hangin in.

Nice to see u Torigirl...my girl...

It really would be nice to check in more often

We fought a long hard battle together...

Be well everyone...we r gonna win this fight