Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Shell, congrats! How cool is that? Aww AJ so sorry about Daisy. Hugs pal.

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hello everyone hope you are all well... I just gave up my beloved cat Tiger to my old neighbor . I am heartsick so AJ I can relate...We had to move my husband lost the house and we went into a great rental on the bluffs in california...but to my surprise the red tailed hawks began to hunt  my cat  in the backyard ... he is an out door cat but indoors at night...he was a rescue  and pretty close to ferel when I took him in.so I tryed to watch out for him as he helped me thru much chemo etc....spent a 1000 dollars to heal his cat fight wounds as I slowly brought him in every night to a safe bed...I hope you all don't mind my venting ...Hugs to all of yo...C.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Elisimo - I am sorry to hear that Daisy is not feeling well.  She is a remarkable dog!  

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Hey there everyone,  Sorry I have been out of touch for a long time.  I have been going through a lot of issues lately including losing Daisy on April 29th.  That has been really tough since she was so much a part of my every day life.  That did not help my dealing with depression prone outlook.  I have also been dealing with a non-stop headache since Jan!   No clue from all the tests as to what is causing it, but the drs are still looking. I need to resolve this so I can find the answer to the dizziness and messed up equilibrium.  Sorry for the mess when I pop back in.  It has been one of those months.  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life.

Higs, AJ

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Hugs ((((Elisimo)))) - I am very sorry to hear about Daisy.  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Me too.MIA...so sorry AJ...

I hate to pop in here but I'm looking for Torigirl...

She lives in Oklahoma and has not posted in about a month.

does anyone keep in touch with her?

Im scared...

Please if anyone knows anything please pm me...

I should be ashamed of myself.havnt posted since April.

Hope everyone is holding their own...

Wishing good things for all of you

Hugggs

Grannydukes

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

HUGS AJ hope they can get it figured out.  I know that is frustrating for you.

• Elisimo
    Options

Thanks for all the hugs, you ladies are the greatest.  I am feeling a little better emotionally, but still have this stupid headache!  Going to see a Neurologist the end of this week and hopefully he will have an answer for me.  Insomnia has set in again so my days and nights are a little mixed up.  I am off to bed, DH has asked for the 4th time if I am coming to bed so guess I better go. He does not sleep well if I am not there.  Hope everyone is enjoying life and having some nice weather for a change.

Later, AJ

• FireKracker
    Options

Wow this thread is hangin by a thread.

Where did everyone go?

I'm sorry to hear about you AJ...Ill be sending up a special prayer for you

Lets get this party off and running.

Xoxo grannydukes

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    Options

I see a lot of new sistas and many that I remember.  I wasn't on any of the "boards" at all for some time.  I was having so many problems, surgeries and disappointsment that I simply couldn't spread that kind of negativity around.  My wish is for God to bless each & every one of you.  Hope all are doing well. 

Sherryc, been to SA lately? Laughing  

• Sherryc
    Options

Normajean yes I was there on Saturday.  Decided to do photo's and booked a photo shoot where they did my hair and makeup and I took my clothes.  Had never done anything like that and it was fun.  I will also be there this Thursday as I have an appt with my PS.  Hope things are going better for you.

• NormaJean65
    Options

Hey there Sherry..........sounds like a terrific way to boost all of our self esteem.  Have thought about doing that since my hair finally turned darker after all this time. Smile  Good luck at the PS.

• Elisimo
    Options

Hey there everyone, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life and that is why you are not here.  Just popping in to see what was going on.

Joy and Blessings, AJ

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Hey all, I've been so off the boards and miss you all! Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer. My daughter is in Ecuador working at an organic farm and my son is getting married in August. That's all I can think about right now. It's making me lose sleep!

Keep in touch!

• Sherryc
    Options

Hi all I just had a new grandbaby last night.  Henry Greyson Callaway.  Mom is doing well and this Mimi can't wait to get ahold of him.  They live in Seattle and we are in Texas.

Meet the newest member of my family. My precious grandson Henry Grayson Callaway was born last night at 10:35 in Seattle. He weighed 7lbs, my daughter in law is only 4'11" so she was all baby

• FireKracker
    Options

Congrats Sherry.how cute that baby is...

Sorry I havnt been around for a while.

Somehow I clicked the wrong fav.glad I did.

Shame on me cause this is where my journey began in 2010.

Hugggs to all my sistas

Grannydukes

• cat54
    Options

Hello everyone and Sherryc a Big congrats to the beautiful baby, I hope you get to see him soon...I am just back from my 4 mo.every 4 mo. visit to oncologist  now almost 3 yrs. and finally I was told I don't need another blood check up for 6 months, will have my usual mammos every 6 mo. as well but this was a hugh win for me...I am beating it and I hope you all are TOO!!! Happy Summer Cool

• NormaJean65
    Options

Sherry.......it's already been said but Congratulations !!  Is it your first grandbaby.   What a cutie he is and wait till the girls at school "latch on" to him !!! Smile

• Sherryc
    Options

Thanks ladies no this is not the first this is my 7th and I have 3 step grandchildren for a total of 10 now.

Cat congrats for moving to every 6 months.  I was going every three months and the emotions were killing me.  I asked my MO last Jan if I could move to every 6 months because I thought it would be better emotionally for me so he agreed.  I go this Friday for my checkup and Zometa treatment.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Hey ladies...

I am back...finally...it's been waaaaaay too long...

It's been a crazy couple of months with a lot of happiness, but some sadness as well...

We sold our house in Oklahoma and I went to my dad's in Omaha to spend some time...While in Omaha, our house in CO was put up for sale and we finally got an offer on that as well...

I had 2 sisters give birth within the time I was gone....one in Tennessee and one in Oklahoma...We were actually at the hospital when the E5 hit Moore, OK and we were about 15 miles north of it all... The devastation was horrible, but the people of Oklahoma are amazing and will come back as strong as ever...Then, I was still in OK when the other E5 hit in a more unpopulated area of OK...so thankful that it wasn't near any big cities...

I also found out that my baby brother, who is 32 was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  F*&K CANCER!  He had surgery and is now currently going through chemo treatments.  He has one down and 3 to go, so I will be going out there soon to help out in any way I can.  His second tx was delayed a week because his WBC was low...so I would appreciate any prayers anyone can say for him...

Hubby is still deployed (been gone since December), but I will see him in July for his midtour break for 2 whole weeks, so I'm really excited about that!

Me?  Well, I don't have another appt until September, when I will just go in for bloodwork and a mammogram of my "bad" boobie...I"m not nervous yet, but as it gets closer, I'll start to freak out a little...

Honestly, with everything going on lately, I haven't had that much time to think about anything...although, I have been keeping you all in my nightly prayers...

I pray you are all doing well..having fun when you can, having minimal side effects with hormonal therapies and just taking the time to be good to yourselves.

Much love and hugs to my 2010 sisters!

Tori

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

I'll be praying for your brother Tori. 

• Sherryc
    Options

Tori praying for your brother and boy I got tired just reading everything you have been up to.  You have been one busy girly.

• Elisimo
    Options

Hey there 2010 sisters,

I too have been gone awhile and been very busy doing projects for my local quilt shop, which gives me huge discounts and some free stuff to support my fabric addiction! All my grandchildren are here for a while so the older ones can go to camp youth week and I can be with the younger ones with less drama. When the older one get picked up tomorrow there will be a house full and then the next week one of the younger ones gets to go the the children's week of camp. The crew from Oklahoma will go to Myrtle beach for a few days then back to OK. The Japan crew is here until the 30th of July, then they will head home.

I have had to change treatments and had to say good-bye to Femara and Aredia and hello to Tamoxifen and Zometa. Have to meet with BS and RO to see if more surgery or radiation will help. My markers went up for 3 consecutive months and the PET scan showed significant progression with the bone mets, so time for a change. Started the tamoxifen on the 3rd and get the Zometa started on the 17th. Not feeling too shining at the moment, but hoping the new stuff works well for a long time. We were hoping to get 5 yrs out of the Femara, but that was not to bet so have to settle for 3.

Hope everyone in the USA had a happy and safe 4th of July and everyone else had a happy day.

Hugs and prayers, AJ

• Sherryc
    Options

Aj sorry the femera was not working but maybe the new stuff is just what you need.  Sounds like you have a busy house right now.  I just had another grandbaby.  His name is Henry and they live in Seattle.  We will not get to see him until the first of Sept.  This mimi is not dealing well with that at all.  Have fun with the kiddos.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

I just had to come by and say I love you all and am so grateful for all that you give....please know if I am not in here it does not mean I do not think of you....damn, that sounds lame. I love you

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    Options

And we think of you.  All the time.  Love you bunches and I am so happy you have been able to move on so much.

• FireKracker
    Options

This is where it all began.

I too don't come here often but I always remember how the sistas embraced me when I came here crying.

Love to each and everyone of you.

Grannydukes

• Elisimo
    Options

Went to see the BS and she said that no more surgery would be of any benifit so that is not an option.  I am glad that there is not to be any more surgery.  I am glad for that at least.  I will see the RO on the 25th, if he decides to be in his office!  I have had to reschedule 3 times because he was going to be out of the office on the day that I was scheduled to see him.  I am not sure how I feel about more radiation, but if that is what is needed I will deal with it.  I will keep you all posted on what is happening.  The Zometa treatment made my bones hurt so bad and I felt like I had a bad case of the flu for almost a week.  I am feeling better this evening.  The MO said that this feeling will get less with successive treatments so we will see.  The Tamoxifen is making me sweat so much more with anything that stresses my body.  I have taken 2 showers today and thinking of taking another one before I go to bed.  I hate feeling sweaty.

Has anyone else experienced any of this after switching from Femara to Tamoxifen?

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Hugs and love to all my sisters. AJ

• cat54
    Options

Hi elisimo, yes my hormone treatment has left me with about  two showers a day...my heart goes out to you, take care... Cath

• Elisimo
    Options

Went to see the RO and it will be about 12 radiation treatments to my hip and collarbone. That is where the most recent progression has been. Left hip is the worst and it is Swiss cheese the collarbone is not as bad but I was told to stop catching my youngest grandson and throwing him up and swinging him around. That will be the hardest to stop doing. He is such a cutie and full of joy. And his red curly hair is adorable. Oh well at least they will be here for just a few more days, then back to Japan they go.

Hope everyone is doing well. AJ