Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

Monday - check out some of the No reconstruction forums, there are women on there who had the reconstruction undone for a variety of reasons, pain being one, they are a fount of information!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

My last visit with my MO did not go so well this time. He scheduled me for a brain CT and then later after he got all my blood work back he added a full body CT. My tumor markers are on the rise so the Stable boy has left me at least for the time being. Then I got a letter saying my insurance would not cover the name brand Famara after they had approved it 2 months ago. I have been through every other generic manufacturer all with major side effects that I do not get with the name brand. Oh well, at least that is something my MO will take care of for me. However, since I am no longer stable on it he may switch me to something else. Have to wait and see what the CT scans show. I won't get those results until I am back from Japan! At least I am still going to see my DD#1 and her family. I sure do miss them as well as my DD#2 and her family that is in Oklahoma. Kendall, DGD#1 got back from her trip to DC and NYC and had a blast. She was really tired, but could hardly wait to tell her sisters all about everything she did and got to see.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Hugs, AJ

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

How great is that Elissimo! Miss everyone. Been too busy. Walk thru Wed., close Thurs then cruise Fri. Moving 4/12. Ugh.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

today is a very sad day.We lost Milessa Jenkins.

I offered to post the link.im not good at this

Www.wpte.com Edgecomb County.NC.

I cannot seem to get the article.

Sayin prayers for this tortured sista.

grannydukes

• FireKracker
    Options

The link is www.wptw.com..

• Elisimo
    Options

The best link for Melissa's story is the Wenson-Salem Journal. http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/article_b9bf93f8-9b11-11e2-8537-001a4bcf6878.html

She had been staying with a cousin in Winston-Salem to get treatment options and possible treatment for her recurrance of BC.  Last time I talked to her she seemed a little more positive, but was still depressed and missing "her Outer Banks".  We may never know what she was thinking or what happened to cause her to take this action of "suicide by police".  I feel so sorry for her family and for the police that were involved in the incident.  This boggles my mind and my heart aches for everyone that knew and tried over the years to help Melissa.

Hugs to all.  AJ

• FireKracker
    Options

thanks AJ..I told Val I would post the thread...I'm not good with that.

I'm still in shock!!!!

poor tortured soul.May she rest in peace now.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

hello to all....it has been so long since I have been on here and just caught up reading...when I read Val's post on facebook it broke my heart....made me once again realize just how dear you all are...even those I don't know...be safe be happy...

• FireKracker
    Options

Just wish some of the other sistas would come back here just to comfort each other...

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

I am and will. It made me realize how very much it has helped me and well, how much it matters...YOU all matter

• FireKracker
    Options

We need a group hugggggggg.we used to do it.remember when?

I cannot remember anything this bad ever on bco.

Devastated is puttin it mildly.

• Elisimo
    Options

Well lets do it again. (((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Melissa will be missed by those of us that knew and loved her, even when she did not love herself very much.

AJ

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

My heart is breaking too.  What a terrible way to find it but i really do believe she has finally found her peace.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

I'm hugging you all too!  

• FireKracker
    Options

Didnt sleep all nite.im never on here in the morning...

(((((((((((Group Hugggggggg)))))))))))))))))))))))))

How tortured she must have been.I prayed last nite for her to finally have peace.

• cat54
    cat54 Member Posts: 71
    Options

I only check in sporadicaly but this occurance really has broken my heart ...yes you all mean alot to me as you were there for me and for many of us going thru a difficult time...prayers for her and her family...many HUGS to all of you. XOXO Cath

• FireKracker
    Options

Where is everyone?

• cat54
    Options

Hi, Grannydukes I am HERE and want to THANK YOU  for keeping us aware of everyones wellbeing  YOU are a GEM ...THANK YOU...CATHSmile. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Amyjo sorry the stable boy has left you.  I hope you have a wonderful time with your family in Japan.  You do deserve it.

So sad about Melissa.  At least she is at peace now.  I heart just aches for her.

I"m late on the group hug but I'll join in anyway (((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))

You all mean so much too me.  BCO got me through all the tough times. 

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    Options

My love and prayers to all of you.  I can't remember the exact date but the first of Feb.  I was told I was cancer free.  All scans and test were fine.  My DH of 46 years had been told he was being dismissed from woundcare after nearly a year.  His dialysis was going well and I could just see a good year ahead for us.  All the good news was on Tuesday.  Early Wednesday morning I heard a thud and asked DH if he had fallen.  The answer was "yes".  He compressed the 3-6 vertbrae in his neck and was paralized from his shoulders down.  To make a long story short he made the decision to remove the respirator.  He could not breathe on his own, could not talk, and could not even scratch his nose. He was so tried and ready to go.

After being a caretaker for nearly 7 years and going through IDC I am so lost but I know things will get better.

Now that I have more free time I sure need to check in and give encouragement to all of you. Breast cancer presents so my physical and emotions problems but they can be worked though.

• Sherryc
    Options

mimidi so sorry to hear about your husband.  You know you always have a place here to come for encouragment.

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    Options

Thanks Sherryc.  I spent so many hours on this forum during my chemo and radiation.  I was constatntly reading.  I did not post often but I got so much comfort from visiting and learning what was going on with others going through what I was going through,

• Elisimo
    Options

Mimidi - so sorry to hear about your husband.  I know that was a hard decission for him to make, and that you will feel lost for a while.  Send you lots of hugs and prayers.

I have not checked in for almost a week as I have been in Japan, still am, and this is the first time I have been able to get connected.  We head home today and should be back in North Carolina around 6:30 tonight after a 16 hour flight. Got to go get loaded up so we can get to the airport.  Check back in when I get home.

Joy and blessings, AJ

• cat54
    Options

Mimidi, so sorry for your loss my heart goes out to you...God Bless you and your husband...take care, Cath

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Mimidi my prayers are with you. May God provide you comfort.

• cat54
    Options

mimidi...just checking in on you hope you are ok.... much  love ... hang in for us , l, cath

• FireKracker
    Options

Mimidi---im prayin for you....real hard.

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

HEY! Checking in. My son is getting married!!!! August 6th!! I have to shop for a dress!

What have you gals been up to?

• Elisimo
    Options

Mimidi - just checking is to see how you are doing and to let you know I am still praying for you and thinking about you often.  Take care and let us hear from you.  I know this is a difficult time, but this too shall heal with lots and lots of time.  Just remember how loved you were and still are by so many.

Shells - where have you been?  Good to see you pop in again.  Daisy dog is not doing very well she has serious problems with her heart and we will get a sonogram tomorrow to see where things stand now.  She is down to 17lbs from her normal 24 and has trouble standing, breathing, eating or doing anything without going into distress.  Take care girlfriend.

Joy and blessings to all. AJ

• Sherryc
    Options

Shells congrats on your son getting married.