Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited April 2012
    Lol badger, I think women can go topless in the Province of Ontario.  Good luck with that, we had frost last night.Tongue out
  • Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983
    edited April 2012

Marple

Your right, it is legal in Ontario.  The only place I've every seen anyone topless is on the news or a couple of young ones up in Wasaga Beach.  Most don't bother that I'm aware of.  Its nice to know that if you wanted to you could though but yes its just a tad chilly these days LOL!  Mabey I'll do it one day when I am though reconstruction LOL!!  Doubt it.

• lauri
    lauri Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2012

Hmm -- wonder what would happen if I went semi-topless :  covered on the droopy 36-C side, uncovered on the nipless mast side.  Other than my 32-year-old DD trying to pretend she doesn't know me.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited April 2012

YKYACP when, even though getting a tetnus shot in the arm hurt like hell, you look forward to getting the next one - in TEN YEARS!

• surfdreams
    surfdreams Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2012

YKYACPW .... you shoo your cat who's curled up sleeping on your towels in the bathroom cabinet before realizing that it's your wig that you accidentally left there last night. I just hollered at my wig - demanded to know what it was doing in there.  Sheesh!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2012
    OMG this discussion brought back my experience last month while on the island of St Maarten we accidently found a very crowded nude beach.You have never seen me leave a beach so fast.Tongue outI could not handle it.Laughing
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited April 2012

Surfdream----------thank you for the best LAFF of the morning.------Does your wig have a name? Where was the cat? What look did she give you?  Like"MOM" have you lost your wits? TOO funny!!!!!!!!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

LOL mum, IDK if I could've handled it myself.  Wouldn't want to see DH's eyes all bugged out of his head, either. 

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2012

SURFDREAMS - good one, the cat probablly raised its head and glared at you from wherever.

YKYACPW everytime you take off your bra out tumbles all the cotton balls and you always forget you put them in there.  still happening.....

• badger
    edited April 2012

YKYACP when you look at your wedding pictures and think, oh that's back when DH had hair, and I had breasts.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited April 2012

YKYACPW people who provide bad service also light the short fuse to your temper, get mad as hell and don't want to take it from anyone anymore!

YKYACPW you get your reminder letter in the mail to see the onc. You summon the energy to call the number that you know better than the back of your hand... Then you have to explain to three different people about getting your port flushed and labs drawn a week before your appointment because it's due... They try to tell you they can't do that. You get an appt and then they go on to explain you'll owe 60some dollars if it's just a port flush without labs... No this was cleared up last month. When I have $31000 outstanding in claims, I'm pretty sure i've met my deduct and oop. But you suddenly start bawling because it's just too much to explain, again...

• badger
    edited April 2012

YKYACP when you have to jot down what time you put dinner in the oven (meatloaf 3:15, yams 3:30) because thanks to chemobrain you can't remember things like that anymore.

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited April 2012

When you show your customer who has tonsil cancer your port scar and you exchange war stories with him (instead of talking about business).

When your onco asks your how your mind is after having chemo. What mind??? LOL!!!

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited April 2012

Yeah, and some deny Chemo brain exists. Argh!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    edited April 2012

When you are playing Scrabble and have the letters WBR and all you can think of is whole brain radiation....

• kittycat
    edited April 2012

When you spend vacation days going to medical appointments.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited April 2012

when you count yourself lucky to have the exact number of sick days needed for your next surgery + recovery.

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited May 2012

when every headache makes you wonder ........

• Nightnurse
    Nightnurse Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2012

YKYACPW.....you learned the hard way to make appts for Mon or Tues because if they are any day after Tuesday, you will spend the entire weekend waiting for results and going crazy!

• Nightnurse
    edited May 2012

YKYACPW.....you learned the hard way to make appts for Mon or Tues because if they are any day after Tuesday, you will spend the entire weekend waiting for results and going crazy!

• Nightnurse
    edited May 2012

• Nightnurse
    edited May 2012

• BarbRocks
    BarbRocks Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012

YKYACPW... can go home and say, "We had so much fun at chemo today!"

• kittycat
    edited May 2012

Nightnurse, so true. Waiting over the weekend for results sucks. Wait, anything to do with cancer sucks!!!

• kittycat
    edited May 2012

When you are so happy to hear you have a herniated disc in your lower back because:

1. Now you know the cause of your leg pain

2. It's not f'n cancer!!!!!

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited May 2012

when you know more about cancer drugs than your family doctor.  I had an appointment today and mine didn't know what Tykerb was.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited May 2012

Or.....Faith..............You get the pronunciation of your meds right and your GP thinks you are from a medical background.

Sheila.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited May 2012

Hooray for Kittycat!

Or....Faith...you go into your appontment with your MO and you know the treatment protocol details better than the doctor.  

• kittycat
    edited May 2012

When nurses ask out if you're a nurse because you're well versed in medical terminology.

NM, thanks for the congrats!

• schatzi14
    schatzi14 Member Posts: 906
    edited May 2012

When you feel right at home with all the other patients sitting in the waiting room for their IV chemo.