Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited August 2012

YKYACPW, you keep adjusting your breast in your bra and you DON'T CARE WHO SEES YOU DO THIS :-)

• rn4babies
    rn4babies Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2012

You see a balding man and admire him because he has more hair than you do! (If only HE knew that.....lol)

• Tookybum
    Tookybum Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2012

<Bookart>  I got caught rubbing my breast last week.  Even though my lumpectomy was over a month ago I still have some pain and swelling.  I was sitting in my car at a red light and mindlessly massaging my left breast.  Felt eyes on me and sure enough the MALE driver beside me was watching. I smiled and waved.  I think I made a new friend. If only he knew!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2012

YKYACP when you are one of IDK how many women on this board, who read the post about nipple sensors and have inched their fingers across their chests, looking for those nerve endings.

• river_rat
    river_rat Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2012
    Badger, too funny, but yep I'd make that list.  Laughing
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited August 2012

Yup. been there, done that, probably will do it again! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited August 2012

...still doing it....oh! oh!....no. no. ....sigh....close one!

• badger
    edited August 2012

Laughing  I'm hearing that song by U2, I still haven't found what I'm looking for ...  Wink

YKYACP when the hospital's radiology dept has an open house and you consider going to see the new technology.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited August 2012

NM---Sorry late on response. I did have BMX with recon, implants under pecs. Apparently some skin sparing b/c skin tissue not totally knumb. This knew feeling is from the pecs. Pretty intense. Nipple clitoral reflex gone, but since the arousal is so wide spread----it's spreading all over. I'm ready to jump anything lol.

But restatrted Aromasin July 27th, Rationale: showing way to many normal female responses which to my rationalization was being caused by estrogen----only empirical, no definite sciecnce. Could be testosterone who knows without blood tests. But it's 5 days and I can tell a difference. Was a nice feeling while it lasted. Will up date. If I can't live with the widespread pain --Aromasin will be history.  Perhaps doc will do yearly pet. Then I will feel safer going off Aromasin.

Loosing wieght---we all know what a mixed bag that can be. Not a good time for MO to get snooty. Should talk to PCP.I don't know if I said exactly what MO said, will try to get it exact."Well your tumor was small" Like that had anything to do with i.t It was 11b grade 3. Very aggressive. NO NOdes.Oncotype 30.  That when I asked about Testing, that's when he said if you're not taking treatment there is no sense testing. I think that's more complete. To depressed to figuire it out. to tired. will get to it.

PCP statrted me on miacalcin, it was amazing within a couple of days. That the only way I can tolerate aromasin. Time will tell. Right now the backpain is so bad I'm rocking will I'm typing. Sheeesh sassy

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

I wrote a new thread that is self explanatory. I'll get the link and add it here

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/791442?page=1#idx_1

have fun...................

• nativemainer
    edited August 2012

Sas--I was asking because during mastectomy the pect muscle is cleaned off pretty agressively.  One of the possible complications is Post Mastectomy Pain Syndrome, where the woman experiences pain or other nerve sensations from that area.  I agree that arousal is a lot better than pain!  BUT--it may not be hormone related.  Since breast area sensation is closely tied with sexual response PMPS can present as you describe, and cause feelings of general sexual arousal.  Better than pain, but definately distracting, I would imagine!

• barbe1958
    edited August 2012

sas, understandable why you weren't here to post when you had THAT kind of pec response!!!! That drug your doc gave you is amazing!!! I don't know why more women aren't on it. And it specifically builds bones in the lower spine. Amazing that medicine that be that direct.

Off to check out your thread.... 

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2012
    LOL Badger Smile 
  • sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

Nm This a recent occurence. Lordy I would have much perferred it to the pain of the last 3 years, but don't have a clue what caused it or I would most certainly would share it and put my name on it LOL. "SAS_SCHATZI --Post Mastectomy Response, What it is and Here's how to create it". I would be a source of adulation LOL. Talk shows , book signings LOL. Can tell you I wanted to jump anything that looked like it had a penis. The feeling has subsided daily since I went back on Aromasin---damn. Probably safer for the penis group.

• nativemainer
    edited August 2012

Poor Sas--going through all that and NO book contract!

• barbe1958
    edited August 2012

More like poor Sas losing that skill!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

Bummer hate Aromasin takes the fun out of everything

• lisa2012
    lisa2012 Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2012

YKYACPW every mornin you look to see how much you hair has grown in the night- and it is starting to seem long at 1/12 of an inch!! Time for a pony tail!

• schatzi14
    schatzi14 Member Posts: 906
    edited August 2012

time for a mirror that lies..........

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited August 2012

YKYACP when you're at the PS's office discussing your upcoming exchange surgery, and now it's time for the exam.

"Would you like a gown?" he asks. "What for?" you reply.

And immediately whip off your top, even though you're standing in front of a huge open window to the outside.

• schatzi14
    edited August 2012

Blessings...isn't that the truth? Same thing with an office full of patients and the door still open!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

We will be starting a novena Tuesday Aug.14th . I have asked Frank to pick the novena. Please, keep him in your prayers daily as he is being chemo challenged at present. The herceptin has stopped working. We have many members that are having condition changes on the Catholic thread and throughout BCO right now. Please , join us on the 14th.

A Novena is prayers said daily for 9 days with stating the intention of your prayer. An intention can be for a person , group, or a thought You don't need to be Catholic. Prayer is Prayer. If something in the prayer doesn't fit your belief system, substitute or omit that portion. We are an Ecumenical group which means inclusive of all.

Send your intentions to me by Pm or post on Catholic thread on sunday (preferrably) or monday and I will combine them into a one list. It takes awhile to do the composite list, thats why I ask that intentions be sent on Sunday, Pax Sheila(sassy)

community.breastcancer.org/for...

Started compilation list anyone wanting intention added PM Thanks sas

• Mumtobe
    Mumtobe Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2012

This did make me chuckle, I'm pre-surgery and find myself examining my affected breast constantly, and not necessarily in private!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

Novena notification update:I unintentionally made it sound as if the novena was just for Frank. Franks change of condition triggered us to want to do a novena. The novena is for all of us on BCO and others that are added by members. The link below goes to the working copy of the combined list of intentions,If those unfamilar with a novena would like to take a look and see how it's being put together. The next paragraph is the first intention.

Dear God---May all, of many Faiths, come together in prayer and support of each other. Jesus Christ,Mother Mary , and the Holy Court of Heaven, hear our prayers for all the sisters and brothers of BCO in this there time of need. Strengthen them and their families and let them not despair. Heal them if you will, or guide them to understanding and acceptance of your plan.

community.breastcancer.org/for...

So, if you want an intention added for you , or someonelse please PM me any time now. Probably should put this link in your favorites to refer to on Aug 14th. At this point we are leaning towards ST Peregrine Patron saint of Cancer as two members are willing to take the intentions to ST Peregrines shrine near Pheonix Az.

Sorry for muddling up the first communication. It all seemed logical at the time. It was only after multiple messages received that I realized the problem Thanks for your involvement. SAS

The prayer that will be added is said once a day and the intentions are said once a day

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited August 2012

You know your a cancer patient since the only way you know what day of week it is by looking at your pill box

• schatzi14
    edited August 2012

and if you miss a day, you are in a panic!

• barbe1958
    edited August 2012

That isn't even funny fredntan!!! I have done that about 6 times in the past year!!!!!!! But, it's SO true. heheehehheee

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited August 2012

I just feel old now that I have a dosette.

• badger
    edited August 2012

LOVE the new pic, Barbe!

YKYACP when you go on vacation with some BCO sisters and the pill boxes are lined up on the bathroom counter.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2012

Ykyacp when even your pill  box can't get you to figure it out--Thank you BTW I forgot to take my pills>>La caca- slots empty, but don't remember taking them --sheesh.