Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited July 2012

So very true ... Had an appointment with my RON last week and said it won't be more then 5 minutes -- I just have to flash my boob.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

YKYACP when you see MO and think med-onc not Missouri.

• schatzi14
    schatzi14 Member Posts: 906
    edited July 2012

When you are still using rad fatigue as an excuse for laziness!!!

• Joanne_53
    edited July 2012

I like that one ... Lol

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

Joanne...feel free to borrow it anytime!  LOL

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited July 2012

YKYACPW....you find yourself only looking at men's haircuts as you get ready to pull the wig off!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited July 2012

Ossa so true, I found I had to be so careful b/c the foob pain was made so much better by the massage. Now I have a new problem. The pec area is in a constant sexual turn on, no one to take advantage of this with, but since it was pain for 3 years , I'll take this. Has anyone ever heard of this?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited July 2012

Sas--have you had a mastectomy? 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited July 2012

The nerves to our nipples were cut during surgery. They ended up SOMEWHERE!! I've begged my surgeon to tell me, but he won't!! I think sas knows where hers ended up...hehehehehehehehe. I've looked for mine all the way down to my woo hoo and still haven't found them! With my luck they're in my butt!

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

barbe...well if they are...everytime you sit, you will be smiling like crazy!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited July 2012

"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, YEAH!"

Just quoting LMFAO

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

Momine....hey, whatever gets yer Mojo workin'....just sayin'Wink

• barbe1958
    edited July 2012

Well, that blows THAT theory! as I've been sitting on my butt all day...sigh.

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

Yep that BLOWS alright!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,927
    edited July 2012

My nipple sensor is about 1.5 in above my scar and about an inch toward my arm from the former center. I've had nipple feeling ever since my MX. Just found the exact spot a few days ago.

• bookart
    bookart Member Posts: 210
    edited July 2012

OK, I have been rubbing and scratching and otherwise massaging my chest ever since my bmx.  I catch myself doing it in public.  But I have yet to find my nipple nerves.  I'll have to search harder, I guess!

YKYACPW you scratch yourself in places you never would have before - in all ways!

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

When every magazine you pick up has an article about breast cancer and it's the first thing you read!!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited July 2012

Also, when your DH reads or watches everything he sees on breast cancer and reports to you.

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited July 2012

YKYACPW you have lunch with friends you met through a cancer support group and realize that one of the silver linings of BC was meeting some of the finest people on earth.

• Joanne_53
    edited July 2012

So VERY true ,,,

• schatzi14
    edited July 2012

I agree for sure...even tho I have yet to meet any of them personally. Can't wait for the 19th!

• Ihopeg
    Ihopeg Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2012

When you have 6 tattoos that you didnt ask for....

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited July 2012

Schatzi, I love that video. When I was doing chemo, it could make me laugh even on the worst days.

• Nightnurse
    Nightnurse Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2012

I was on a trip with family at a National Park and was inside the bathroom.  I was bald from chemo and had a baseball cap on.   A little girl (about 4 yo) was staring at me.  She said "What does your head look like?"  I took my cap off and simultaneously her eyes got big and her little mouth made a perfet O!!!!!   She was so sweet!

• Nightnurse
    Nightnurse Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2012

Being a nurse myself and having patients come in med seeking, I decided to test my breast surgeon and his prescriptive practices.  He did not fall for my "phantom nipple pain" story!!!

• nativemainer
    edited July 2012

YKYACPW--you feel your nipples harden while wearing a snug top and don't worry about it because it's phantom sensation--no nipps there to show anymore!

• barbe1958
    edited July 2012

You know Native, I STILL look though!!!

• nativemainer
    edited July 2012

Barbe--I do too, most times.  Once in a while I remember that I dont' have to look anymore. 

• barbe1958
    edited July 2012

YKYACPW (and go flat) your nightie straps don't stay up because you don't hunch your shoulders anymore!! 

• schatzi14
    edited August 2012
    When hearing the word "CANCER" makes your skin crawl. Cry