Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Options

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,822
    edited October 2016
    Options

I remember that feeling of not daring to plan for anything further in the future than the next week. And how surprised I was when I found my self planning for something several months in the future!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2016
    Options

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited October 2016
    Options

I'm always surprised when people think that I want to to "do" the pink things and runs and stuff. I tell them those things are to help other people THINK they are showing they care.

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 357
    edited October 2016
    Options

YKYACP when you come back to read BCO from time to time and your reminded that you still hate Pinktober!

• jjontario
    jjontario Member Posts: 156
    edited October 2016
    Options

When you subconsciously date your photos as before BC or after BC....

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2016
    Options

JJ I have found I am dating things from BC, not just photos, it certainly is a mark in time.

• nativemainer
    edited October 2016
    Options

It is a very notable mark in time. My entire life is divided into before and after. BUT, it is getting harder to remember the exact date. Used to trip off my tongue the Month, Day, Year, now I stumble on the day and just go with month and year most of the time. A form of progress?

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2016
    Options

ThumbsUp

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited October 2016
    Options

When others talk about cure, I think the docs may have cut down my cancer tree, but it fell on my house and has left me with no evidence of the cancer disease but now have the disease of chronic pain (no celebrations or walks for that). I also have a box of pre-pain clothes that have been stored since April 27th 2015 - my treatment date.

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2016
    Options

Magic - so well put. The hidden side of cancer. Then you feel bad for complaining because you know others have a much worse deal.....

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited November 2016
    Options

YKYACPW you call your onc's phone nurse and tell her, "I never want a scan, If I would be in line for the scan I would tell everyone they can go ahead of me. But I need a scan now. I need help. I have every single symptom of thyroid cancer. And there are swollen places along my chest and coughing endlessly and with coughing black outs.......... " And I have a fever today to top it off."

And she says to you. "If you have a fever, then you really should go to the emergency room." to which you have to insist, "This is NOT an ER problem. This is a cancer issue. Alarms ringing over here." And she consults with ???? and calls back to schedule an appointment with the onc for two weeks out.

And you remember that no one ever really listens.

I know it is not funny. But I am so angry of all the sheet I have been dealt thee last several months and that it ended me up in a world of trouble for them all waiting and screwing around with my life. Goods news, the scan happened when Hubby called onc's private line.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited November 2016
    Options

Better one. YKYACPW you get in a head on collision and have a broken wrist and fingers among other stuff and you forego the bra for three months. Only to realize ....finally ..... that you are quite lopsided, moreso when there isn't a foundation garment for symmetry. But you do not care because you survived breast cancer.

• nativemainer
    edited November 2016
    Options

{{{{BlueBird}}}}

• Bluebird-DE
    edited November 2016
    Options

thanks, Mainer. doing research, am suspecting that they missed thyroid cancer to boot.

YKYACPW you don't find anything funny. wish i could think of something. but i do enjoy reading all the pages.

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2016
    Options

Bluebird have you heard back from your test yet? I am saying prayers for you.

I wish someone would post something so funny we all pee our pants. We need that about now.

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 357
    edited December 2016
    Options

YKYACP when all your friends are complaining of menopause, hot flashes, etc. and you smile since you're 5 years out and say two words.. yay chemo.

• IHGJAnn49
    IHGJAnn49 Member Posts: 408
    edited December 2016
    Options

I love seeing all the comments... I learned long ago, humor is found in the strangest places and when my husband was alive, we used to sell bubble pens.. blew bubbles in ICU. in recovery, dr. offices... Yramal, my techs didn't say anything, but I felt like that too... and we got the latest fashions... hospital gown and robe with personalized name tag... lol

• belleeast
    belleeast Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2016
    Options

YKYACP when you find yourself comparing your hair growth with your newest grandbaby's hair growth

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited December 2016
    Options

And you find yourself comparing your physical symptoms with your mom's or grandma's.

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited December 2016
    Options

YKYACP when you are so very extra super crazy excited to see snow and holiday lights again!!!!!! (because last year in the middle of chemo you were scared those would be your last...).

(Every December my husband asks can we finally get a plastic tree. Last Christmas, in the middle of chemo, I said ok :( But I just informed him that we are definitely getting a HUGE REAL tree again, because dammitI'M NOT DEAD YET!!!! Yay!!!)

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited December 2016
    Options

Good for you Tessu!

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154
    edited December 2016
    Options

When you show up for your Oncology Surgeon check up and you realize you are a week early.

• Kawigirl1260
    Kawigirl1260 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2016
    Options

YKYACP when you have to think about packing a "spare foob" when you travel to see out-of-town relatives for a few days.

And when, because your anastrozole can increase the risk of blood clots, you ask your Onc. if he'll write you an Rx for first class when you fly.

• nativemainer
    edited December 2016
    Options

I never realized you could ask for a script for First Class! Do you get a break on the price?

• Kawigirl1260
    Kawigirl1260 Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sadly, NativeMainer, he only chuckled and said that he doubted my insurance would cover it.

• nativemainer
    edited January 2017
    Options

OH. well, worth asking about!

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited January 2017
    Options

ykyacp when the newpaper runs a small headline that the zoo is having an Exotic Beast Exhibit and you read it Exotic Breast exhibit......and have to go back and read it again....

• feelingfeline
    edited January 2017
    Options

Wow - titillating!!! Winking

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited January 2017
    Options

Funny one Redhead!

Nice one Feline!

• nativemainer