Connecticut Girls

Options

Comments

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Heebie-Jeebie- You have been in my thoughts and prayers for the past few days. Mimi described the experience well. I know you are probably resting and are in the hospital but we are still here thinking of you and look forward to hearing from you when your home and your up to it. I hope everything went well and that you could keep the nip. Get lots of rest!! oh, my surgery is the begining of Oct. I'll keep you posted on the details

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    Options

Sure Flash - I'm waiting for one of the Hartford area girls to pick a place and time!

Sweetie - so soon? Keep us posted!

• sweetie2040
    Options

Flash and Claire-Westfarms mall is near Farmington,West Hartford,New Britain.  Bristol Hospital is hosting a "Paint the night Pink" dinner at Nuchies in Bristol on  Tues Oct 19th 5-8. For $25 you get a full course buffet dinner and glass of wine. They also have vendors there. It is just a night out to eat and hang out with the ladies. If a bunch of people want to go I could reserve a table for 10. I called and they said it gets filled up fast so if you girls are interested let me know or you could call yourself 860-582-1108 www.nuchiesrestaurant.com

• Claire82
    Options

Sounds good to me! Can we get 10?

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire-the offer is out there to all the CT girls, so if you want to go let me know and I'll call next week to book a table, like I said they go fast.

• mimi791
    mimi791 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hi all:

On the topic of fundraisers...there is a pink flamingo fundraiser for Hartford Hospital's Partnership for breast care on Thursday September 30th at the Bushnell in Hartford.  It's $50.00 per person.  My husband and I are going to go.  Hope some of you can join us.  Also, is anyone walking on October 17th in Hartford for the American Cancer Society making strides against breast cancer? I'll be at that one too.

Mimi

• Claire82
    Options

I'm considering the flamingo one

can u come to bristol?

• mimi791
    Options

I'm in!  I have to meet another "Kristin" victim, so it will be great to see you.  It's tough enough to work with her, let alone be a patien :)

Mimi

• Claire82
    Options

haha - i love that woman

thats 3 sweetie

emme, heebie, annie, flash, travelgal - come join us

is anyone going to this?

Nite of Lite Laughter featuring Lily Tomlin

Lite 100.5 WRCH presents the Thirteenth Annual Nite of Lite Laughter on Friday October 22nd starring Lily Tomlin, one of America's foremost comediennes.  Lily Tomlin continues to venture across an ever-widening range of media, starring in television, theater, motion pictures, animation and video.  So far this annual event has raised over a half a million dollars for The Helen and Harry Gray Cancer Center at Hartford Hospital.   Don't miss this chance to laugh and celebrate life.    Join us in celebrating 13 years of supporting breast cancer programs at Hartford Hospital.

my whole neighborhood has tickets - it's at the bushnell

• heebie_jeebie
    heebie_jeebie Member Posts: 92
    Options

I got back from the hospital around 5pm Saturday.  Only had to stay one night thank goodness.  I took my first antibiotic pill this morning and it made me so nauseos and dizzy that I had a terrible day.  I spoke to the dr. and they said I could stop taking them.  I was afraid to take anything today so all I took was tylenol for the pain and it has been holding it up pretty well. 

I would love to come meet you guys, but I'm afraid to make any commitments until I have my one week checkup at least and know how I'm doing.  There seems to be an issue with extremely thin skin becasuse they had to take so much out.  Nipple still there - for now anyway.

I'll update again tomorow - without the stomach problem I hope to feel much better.

• Claire82
    Options

Who were your docs heebie?

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire-Should I call this week to hold a table?  Some of those other events sound good too. I'll have to see how I'm feeling. My DH is doing the ING Hartford marathon in Oct too. I'm no runner, but I love to walk.

Heebie-jeebie glad to hear from you! It sounds like you did pretty well. Sorry about the antibiotics bothering your stomach but if that is the worst of it your doing pretty well. Are you in any pain? Its pretty good if you only need Tylenol. I needed pain meds for quite a while in the beginning and they did make me very sleepy. So glad they could save the nip. Don't worry about making commitments to meet us, just get better and make sure you get a lot of rest. Hugs

• Claire82
    Options

sweetie - wait until tuesday - some of our girls don't check the threads on weekends

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    Options

I'm in.

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Claire:  My surgeon is Dr. Frank out of St. Francis and my PS is Delucia out of Hartford.  My surgery was in St. Francis.

I feel alot better today.  I took a narcotic to sleep and only woke up once all nite - yeah.  I was doing pretty well, but just broke down and took a narcotic cause I'm only 2 hours into my tylenol and the pain is here.  I walked all the way to the end of the driveway - not really all that far - but it was nice to feel the good weather on my skin.

I had a visiting nurse today to take off my bandage and then I took a shower and she put a new one back on.  It was kinda scary looking at the damage, but not as bad as I expected.

Well the drugs are starting to take effect, so I'll be heading back to my little place on the couch now.

• Claire82
    Options

Good to hear from you! Keep checking in.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Heebie-Jeebie-glad to hear you are doing so well! I remember the feeling of taking that first look and it was wierd but not as bad as I expected. Keep resting, you need it all!

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Another day - how it flies by with me doing so little.  a nap here, a tv show there, DH came home from work to make me lunch, a couple of short walks and then the girls are home from school telling me all about their day in H.S.  Seems I need the strong pain killer as the afternoon wears on, I get a little loopy and entertain my kids.  otherwise so far so good - Tomorow is pathology report day - fingers crossed.

• Claire82
    Options

Good Luck Heebie!

• heebie_jeebie
    Options

Got the pathology report today - all clear - I get to keep the nipple -

huge sigh of relief - - - -  "please survive little nipple"

I hope to get these dreaded drains out tomorow - I hate hate hate them.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Heebie-Jeebie-yay!!! So happy for you, great news and cause for celebration. I know how you feel about the drains. You'll feel so much better when they are out. Keep resting.

• sweetie2040
    Options
    Hi CT girls-for those interested in going to the "Paint the night Pink" dinner  on Tues Oct 19th at Nutchies restaurant in Bristol I held a table under "BC.org" it is only for 10 and I have 3 ppl I know going and I think 3 of you here said you'd go. If more want to go we need to get another table. You have to call to reserve your seat 860-582-1108. If you need any other information you can PM me or check out their website www.nuchiesrestaurant.com
  • Claire82
    Options

ok i'll be there

remind me a feww days before

chemobrain :)

• mimi791
    Options

Hi Sweetie and Claire- I will be there too- can't wait to meet you both in person!  Hey Heebie- how's life without those crappy drains?? :)

Mimi

• sweetie2040
    Options

Hi Mimi and ladies-I got a call from the lady at Nutchies and they are holding a table under BC.org but they want payment by Oct 10th by check or CC# (you can call them). The reason is they have an overwelming response and will be full to capacity of 400+ and they want to make sure people show up if they are reserving a table. We still have some time so rush and we can see closer to the 10th who is still going. I suggested they add another day if its that popular.

• Claire82
    Options

do u have the phone number?

• sweetie2040
    Options

860-582-1108 www.nuchiesrestaurant.com

• Claire82
    Options

Is it possible to bring a friend with BC? Do we have enough space?

• sweetie2040
    Options

Claire82-yes I think so, how many do we have so far? If we know I can reserve another table, but you have to call individually and pay for your meal for them to hold your space. Did your friend just get DX? how is she doing? It could help her to be around others who have gone through different stages of BC. That is what helped me a lot in the begining.

• Claire82
    Options

She is a 5 year cancer thriver :)

I'll call today.