Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

Oh my goodness your puppy is Adorable. Having a dog makes you go out for a walk a few times a day, and keeps you moving, and brings so much extra love into your life, win win win!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 856
    Options

Down .8

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,031
    Options

He was surrendered to the Humane Society (where DS's girlfriend works....and how we got mixed up in this!), so he's a rescue; which makes it even better, I think.

• scotbird
    Options

I think I need to go on more dogwalks. I’m up 2 this week. Drat.

• ruthbru
    Options

Down another pound.....still too busy with puppy stuff to be snacking!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Up 1.5. Seems like selling a house is just as stressful as buying one. Also not motivated to walk in the rain for exercise. Maybe I need a puppy.

• lille
    lille Member Posts: 20
    Options

I forget exactly where I left off a couple weeks ago from checking in though I am still slowly trending down. My total from start is now -10 with 10 more to go! I can now fit into three pairs of slacks for work, clothes are never an exact size so I'm measuring my success by how many more I get wiggle into.

Scotbird: Though you might be up 2 pounds it sounds like you've been close to your ideal weight for some time so look at you go! I know that you can do it.

Ruth: Congratulations! On shedding another pound and sharing love with a new pound puppy.

Wren: I feel your stress. I've moving in April. It's just a lateral move in apartments but I find myself flopping on the couch, eyeing all the packing I need to do then getting up and making a bowl of instant ramen instead. Comfort junk food.

• trmtab
    Options

Up 2.7 too much St Patty's too little discipline!

• lille
    lille Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'm up one pound from last week however I may have also bought and raided some candy for the holiday. I am ok with this at the moment, the peanut butter eggs were delicious and admittedly a treat. I'll call this a mental fitness week. Nerdy

• ruthbru
    Options

Down another pound....the chasing a puppy around weight loss plan!

• wren44
    Options

I stayed the same. Definitely not buying Easter candy.

• trmtab
    Options

Up .3 ...got into the Easter candy early

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Down 3 - I went back to my cancer center dietician and am working with her.

• scotbird
    Options

That sounds great, maybe we all need a new energetic puppy and a personal dietician😉I was down 1 this week. My husband seems to have bought around a thousand easter eggs for some unknown reason. He believes hehas hidden them on top of the wardrobe but we have all noticed they are there.

• scotbird
    Options

I am down 3 this week despite eatingEaster eggs. Very pleased about it.

• wren44
    Options

Down .5.

• ruthbru
    Options

Up 1.2......way too much Easter celebrating!

• trmtab
    Options

Up .5

• saltmarsh
    saltmarsh Member Posts: 192
    Options

Hi there! I have lost 10 lbs. since finding out I had cancer. I'm supposed to try to lose another 28-37. Now I've got witnesses.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    Options

Good for you, saltmarsh!

• trmtab
    Options

down .2 the new definition of a small miracle!

• wren44
    Options

Down .5.

• ruthbru
    Options

up .2.......I made bread yesterday, which I should never, ever do...... I ate about half a loaf smeared with butter when it was still warm fresh out of the oven!

• scotbird
    Options

Ruth that sounds delicious and worth it for 0.2 lbs. Saltmarsh welcome - do check in and let us know how you are getting on. It’s comforting to be in it together: keeping to a healthy weight is one of the top 3 things that prevent cancer and recurrence, but so hard to do on your own and if you love food. I am down 3 again this week having been on a super strict regime. I have a pact with my husband that we are going to be really strict with ourselves from the start of each month until we are at our target weights, then for the rest of the month we can eat whatever we like and not worry if we put a bit of weight back on. Then be strict again at the start of the following month and so on. This is the second month we’ve tried it: he got to his target after less than a week, but I am still a couple of pounds away. Eating lessto lose weight is so hard. We still have Easter Eggs around too. Very annoying.

• ruthbru
    Options

Yies, this sounds like me:

• carolehalston
    Options

I rejoined WW with an online subscription. DH is counting his points, too. Hoping to be able to post some weight losses in future weeks. Wish us success.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    Options

Good for you Carole! WW has 3 different programs now, we picked purple, the one where you can have brown rice at zero points, I think that is what made the difference for us - we are both still maintaining our goal weights. I think the last time I weighed this was 1996!

• carolehalston
    Options

Pat, I'll have to look at Purple. I landed in Blue after the questionnaire.

• scotbird
    Options

I am up 1lb this week overall, although the week has included being down 2 and up 3 as well! I struggle with moderation. Feast or fast are my defaults. Also I’ve been drinking too much wine these last few day, which is lovely but doesn’t help with weight loss, or with self discipline....

• ruthbru
    Options

down 1.2 after several weeks of going the other way