Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Good for you, Ruth! I'm down .5 from last week which was up 1.5. Going the right direction but not a big deal in the moment.

• saltmarsh
    saltmarsh Member Posts: 192
    Options

Hm. Well, I haven't posted because I didn't even want to get on a scale. I had a feeling my weight was trending in the opposite direction. I finally got on the scale yesterday and five of the pounds I'd lost recently were back!

*deep breath*

Starting over.

• wren44
    Options

That's so discouraging. Good idea to start over. We all need to realize that life is difficult right now and sometimes a little comfort eating is called for. I don't like the results for me, but I'm still sane.

• Snowflake888
    Snowflake888 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Good morning Ladies! I thought I would join your little group. It can’t hurt. Background: brca2 and messy breasts ...had double mastectomy and implant subpec reconstruction as well as oophorectomy in January 2019. Also have artificial heart valve, wicked chronic plantar fasciitis, and age 59. I put on twenty pounds during the pandemic and I have now lost twenty pounds since returning to the gym on March 24th. I am eating a hard boiled egg in a.m. and a lean cuisine or weight watchers and salad, no dressing and bowl of melon at 4 p.m.I have a high school reunion in August and my daughters wedding in November. Last week, lost 1.4 pounds. I would like to lose 25 more pounds. My workout routine is 1 hour on the elliptical, lift upper body MWF and abs and lower body TTHS, and an hour on a recumbent bike if I can stand the boredom. Sunday I just do the elliptical and bike. Foot prevents me from walking or running any distance. My weight loss is plateauing. Have a good weight loss week, ladies. You are all hero’s in my book.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

Big welcome to you Snowflake. Lovely to have you join us, the more the merrier. Plantar fasciitis is really nasty as I know from experience. Not to mention the other things you are dealing with.... you should definitely lose weight doing all that!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,032
    Options

Welcome, Snowflake! Sounds like you are heading in the right direction! You might also want to join some of us on The Lets Post Our Daily Exercise thread!

• scotbird
    Options

Down 3 this week. I’m eating sensibly, and healthily. It feels good

• wren44
    Options

Same as last week, too high.

• Snowflake888
    Options

I am up 0.2 pounds from Sunday to Wednesday. Hard to believe that is possible. I worked out and ate the exact same. I hope this plateau will pass. I offer my support to all, as I have lost these same pounds many times since my late forties. I stumbled upon this chain as I try to offer support to other BRCA2 people and mastectomy and implant people. I am also looking at a revision next year as my chest muscles lay uncomfortably tight across my implants. I just wish I knew about this sight before I had my surgeries.

Scotbird and Ruthbru,great job.

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, uncongratulate me, I'm back up! I hosted a Memorial Day picnic, and not only ate too much on Monday but have been snacking on the leftovers ever since.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 856
    Options

up 1.1

I said to my family that we ate like 12 year olds on memorial day...hot dogs for lunch and hamburgers for dinner!

• Snowflake888
    Options

Down 1.6 pounds

• wren44
    Options

I'm down 1. Hope I didn't screw it up eating chocolate today.

• ruthbru
    Options

same as last week

• trmtab
    Options

down .3

The weekly average approach on Mr FitBit is sometimes too truthful

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

Wren you just reminded me I want some chocolate. Scotbird, attagirl on minus 3! Snowflake, your program sounds great, You may be gaining muscle with it, so I wouldn't worry too much about the scale readings.

Lost a kilo from Saturday's binge eating. Then somehow couldn't get into my pants. It was my daughter's, whew!

• ruthbru
    Options

Ha!

• saltmarsh
    saltmarsh Member Posts: 192
    Options

I have a weight that I was stuck at for a very long time, and I'd finally dropped five pounds below it. Then, between surgery and the all-clear to work out again, I was back up to that weight again, which was very discouraging.

However, this week, I've been trying to weigh in everyday, and I'm happy to say that my weight seems to be starting to creep back down again, however slowly. I have been between a half pound and a pound less than that six days out of seven, so that's encouraging.

• Snowflake888
    Options

Down 1.0 pounds. Slow going but better than a gain. Mother of the Bride dress shopping soon. I may just have to buy larger and alter it. People are telling me it can take four months for ordered gowns.

Saltmarsh, I know what you are going through. It’s like an up and down ride.

Have a good day ladies. I am off to my local PF gym for my 83rd straight day.

• trmtab
    Options

Up .2

So slowing down...hopefully Down next week!

• wren44
    Options

Up .5. We had company over the weekend and ate larger meals than usual.

• ruthbru
    Options

Down 1.5 pounds.....

• scotbird
    Options

Saltmarsh, Snowflake you are inspiring! I on the other hand, am not - failed to weigh in last week and am up 6lbs from 2 weeks ago. Oh dear. Never mond, every day a new day and a new start, I refuse to be defeated by my poor willpower

• scotbird
    Options

Relieved to say that I stayed the same this week, after gaining for the last 5 or 6 weeks, I’m now 12lbs above my target. Back to the strict regime today after having lots of visitors and events recently. It’s so much easier when no one comesover

• wren44
    Options

I'm down 1 from last week which was up from the week before. I'm almost at goal weight but would like to be a pound below that to allow for cheating.

• Snowflake888
    Options

yesterday’s weight was down 1.6 pounds. Slow but sure. I was worried about Fathers Day bbq, but I did ok. I never sat down the whole day. I confess to eating a small wedge of ice cream cake. I agree Scotbird. It’s so much easier when you can limit the food you bring into the house. Good job wren and Ruthbru.

• trmtab
    Options

I believe I am down .6 this week...that is my recollection of what Mr. Fitbit said...my phone went through an update last night and now I don't have access

Sad

• scotbird
    Options

Down 5.5lbs this week. I’ve been very strict with my eating, all week except on Sunday when I ate whatever I wanted which included eating strawberries meringues shortbread and cream, going out for lunch at a posh restaurant and attending a wine tasting, several lattes, some biscuits and 2 chocolate bars. Oh dear. Moderation doesn’t seem to be easy. I’m going to try the same again this week. I’m 6lbs above my target weight now

• Snowflake888
    Options

I am down 1.4 pounds. Wow scotbird. Your Sunday meal sounds great. On Friday, I had my first restaurant meal. I was so worried, but I didn’t put on weight. I had broiled sea scallops, rice and steamed broccoli. Wishing you all a great day

• wren44
    Options

Up 1.5 from last week - and yesterday!

Snowflake, broiled sea scallops sounds so good.