Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

belated happy birthday, TT! I'm ahead of you, turning 64 next month and ready to become a pensioner.

I still have to lose my Italian pounds, mostly gained in restaurants on the beach.

• heidihill
    Options

The culprit

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 852
    Options

gained 2 over my birthday week...back to school today so a new year's begun. Love the pic of Italy!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

I hit my goal weight this morning! Now comes the difficult job of keeping it there.

• Snowflake888
    Snowflake888 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Congratulations Wren! I have never been good at maintaining either.
    Down 1.2 pounds this week.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

Took my eye off the ball and am up 6lbs since last posting 3 weeks ago, and now 17lbs above my target weight. Pressing my reset button now. I need to get a grip on my overeating

• toyamjj
    toyamjj Member Posts: 41
    Options

HI All!

Been dedicated to working out and just can't seem to lose any weight. Each week I weigh myself and I may lose 1 to 2 pounds but then the following week I hop on the scale and the 1 to 2 pounds I had lost is back. I swear I'm not slacking In the gym and I've cut my calorie intake. The only thing I'm doing different this past week is drinking way more water. m hoping the water will help? Im at my wits end:( Most of my weight is in my tummy and back. I use to do the stair master for cardio but two weeks ago my 21 year old daughter reminded me when she put on weight her freshman year in college a few years ago, that she did the treadmill on a high incline and fast pace for 30 minutes a day and it ended up melting off. Im 47 so I know I can't compare my metabolism to hers but I swear I'm really putting in the work at the gym with zero results. Im currently 30 pounds overweight, yikes.

Edited to add that I do get a monthly Lupron shot as part of my preventative care.

Any tips or if you just have some words of encouragement please send them my way ;)

• Snowflake888
    Options

Toy, you sound like me. I surely had the slowest metabolism east of the Mississippi. After several tries earlier in the year, without weight coming off, I started intermittent fasting and working out before I eat anything. I also gave up bread and sugar. I am down about 35 pounds with 15 to go. (I put on 20 pounds during the pandemic). My biggest fear is what happens when I stop the diet. My body will fight to put the weight back on. I am going to try so hard this time. This diet game gets old.

Does your healthcare company offer a nutritionist? Weight watchers is great too.

• heidihill
    Options

Toy, great for your daughter. From the latest research (Metabolism Changes With Age, Just Not When You Might Think | Duke Today) it looks like 47 year olds have about the same metabolism as a 21 year old, all things being equal. Muscle mass is key, so if you have lost any this might be the reason your metabolism is slower. Also I would argue our meds age us to about 90! It's really important to do weight training to keep our metabolic fires burning. That and intermittent fasting has helped me to maintain my weight but it is still a struggle. I probably need to do more weight training and fast more, like a day or two. I made an appointment with my oncologist in 2 weeks and I am usually highly motivated to lose weight when I am about to see him so I can say that I haven't gained anything at all. It has worked so far (at least 10 years).

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

Toy I can totally relate to struggling with weight gain. I have lost 3lbs since last week, and now14lbs above my target now. Whenever I hit my tareget I always sabotage myself and bounce off it. This time it was a big bounce. Just keep drinking water, working out and eating less is my only advice if you really want to lose weight. Always works in the end, even though it is sometimes really hard and feels like starvation!

• trmtab
    Options

down .7

First week back to school (second week for teachers but first week for students) so I have already missed a couple of my exercise classes due to start of school meetings...will miss 3 more before the week is over...will have to be very serious not to be up a lot next week with all the missed exercise.

• Snowflake888
    Options

Good job on your big loss Scotbird. You too Trimtab. Prayers for a good school year for you and your students. I am down 1.2 pounds. I keep a daily journal of my weight changes. Amazing how much my weight fluctuates each morning without rhyme or reason. This Wednesday weigh in allows me to take a moment and realize I am making progress. Wishes for a lovely week for all,

• wren44
    Options

Up .5 from my goal weight of last week. The urge to celebrate is overwhelming.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options

same

• trmtab
    Options

Happy September! Can't believe we are 9 months in to this crazy year. Well despite what felt like up, up, up... Aug 1 to Sept 1 (today) I am the same.

• wren44
    Options

Grrrr. I'm up 1.5 from yesterday when I was at goal weight. Don't know what gives. Hope it's just water weight.

• trmtab
    Options

up .4

• toyamjj
    toyamjj Member Posts: 41
    Options

My first time weighing in! 185.6 and my goal weight is 160

• Snowflake888
    Options

Last week, I was on vacation. Two week loss was 3.4 pounds.

• wren44
    Options

I'm a pound lower than last week, so pretty much back to normal.

• ruthbru
    Options

Just staying the same......haven't been trying so that is not suprising.

• wren44
    Options

Down .5. At goal. Probably will go back up. I'm starting to think my scale decides what I weigh according to what day of the week it is.

• ruthbru
    Options

Good job, Wren!

Down a pound.

• trmtab
    Options

the same

• wren44
    Options

A pound up from yesterday. Not really surprised.

• trmtab
    Options

again the same, but down 2.5 since Sunday to which I ask, what happened then! Happy first full day of fall, finally no 90's in the long range forecast here in SE Virginia.

• Snowflake888
    Options

I was on vacation last week. Two week weigh in: up 1 pound. Frustrating. I wasn’t perfect on vacation, but I tried. I think it was the cashews, a handful here, and there and then the bag was gone. Wedding getting closer. Wishing you all a good week!
  • wren44
    Options

Up .5. I told you the goal weight wouldn't last. It was up 1 lb the next day.

• ruthbru
    Options

up one

• trmtab
    Options

down .5