Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Up 1.5. I'm stress eating. We've been trying to sell the house and I'm pretty sure my DH has Alzheimer's. The road ahead is not visible.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

Wren sorry to hear this. I can relate. We’ve been dealing with various family illnesses, house issues blah blah and I feel like I’ve been alternately fasting and binge eating quite randomly. I am down 4lb today since last posting 5 weeks ago but have been on a weight rollercoaster over the last month.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options

Oh wrenn, I am so sorry. Sending a big virtual hug your way.

I stayed the same and am out of town next week.

• Snowflake888
    Snowflake888 Member Posts: 29
    Options

down 1.6 lbs. I don’t know you ladies at all, but I respect each of you. On occasion I have perused the exercise posts, and I am sure your lives are far more interesting than mine. I appreciate you tolerating me these several months, and after a few more weeks I will drop off. Wren, I am so sorry to hear. I have some experience with this in my family, I have said three prayers for you this morning.

• wren44
    Options

Miraculously at goal weight this morning after a week of being up.

Snowflake, Every time I see your name I think about Ted Cruz's poodle named that. There was a cartoon showing Snowflake being interviewed by a TV journalist. The poor pup was talking about being left behind in the freezing house while they went to Mexico (during the big freeze). It was so funny. Prayers appreciated.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 852
    Options

down 1...hadn't heard that story about Snowflake the dog - good one!

• ruthbru
    Options

I was on vacation last week. We had booked a cruise up the Hudson River two years ago (pre-Covid). It was a small boat, sailing at 75% capacity (75 passengers), everyone had to be vaccinated and pass a rapid Covid test before we left, we all wore masks for indoor activities, tours etc. etc. so we felt we were as safe as possible during this unusual time. We did some wonderful tours, ate too much delicious food, and met some very nice people. Tomorrow it's back to my normal routine.....which better include being on a diet!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

Wren, so sorry to hear of DH. My dad had vascular dementia caused by a big stroke but which can also be caused by small, undetected strokes. He lived another 20 years or so.

One kilo down. I need to lose one kilo more before I see my MO again in four days.

• trmtab
    Options

Up 1.7...have been on vacation.

Wren, sending peace you way...TT

• Snowflake888
    Options

No appreciable weight loss in the past two weeks. Hopefully adding muscle. Poor Snowflake the dog. I hope she bit Ted Cruz when he came back after leaving her alone for so long. I do have a mostly black Sato rescue. We simply adore her. She was found pregnant and living on the street In Puerto Rico.

• Snowflake888
    Options

• Snowflake888
    Options
    imageimage
  • wren44
    Options

What a sweet dog.

I weighed this morning and got 3 different answers. I'm going with the middle one which was up a little bit. Our book club retreat last week proved we love to eat and way too many people are good cooks.

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 260
    Options

Down fourteen pounds since 09/19/21. Back in a size six. I call it the "cancer diet." Exercise and ENERGY now that I feel like a person again after the mastectomy surgery. My dogs are much happier too with all the daily exercise. :-)

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow! That is great, wondering! I am still fighting off the 5 pounds from my cruise.

• scotbird
    Options

I am up a bit. Wondering you have inspired me to take my diet more seriously. Well done

• scotbird
    Options

Snowflake your dog is a beauty

• Snowflake888
    Options

thanks Scotbird. We love her. Down 0.8. FYI: Husband and I got the moderna booster on Sunday at a rite aid. Not too bad, same sore arm thing, then hit with body aches and low fever, tired the next day. Fine by day two!

• trmtab
    Options

since returning from vacation on Saturday have dropped 3.5! really just trying to get back to my overhigh baseline before returning to a true decline...but vacay includes a little too much happy hour(s)

Happy

• wren44
    Options

I dropped 2.5 lbs, but I was at walk-in emergency with DH yesterday and didn't eat between breakfast and dinner, which was soup. I don't expect this to last.

• trmtab
    Options

still up 2 from vacay...

• wren44
    Options

Lost 4 lb while DH was ill. Gained it back. Today I'm back at goal weight.

• ruthbru
    Options

still the same

• trmtab
    Options

the same...which means still up from vacation a few weeks ago now...ugh. TT

• wren44
    Options

I'm the same, as well.

• ruthbru
    Options

I started logging all my food the day after Thanksgiving and have lost 2 pounds. All that darned stuff that you are supposed to do actually works.

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm still on my 'log everything' diet & have lost 2 more pounds!

• trmtab
    Options

I got your two pounds Ruth...my husband went on a business trip for the first time in two years and I ate crazy food all week long...

• wren44
    Options

Trm Tab, You made me laugh. When DH was out of town I would get little chicken tacos and dip them in guacamole. Finish them off before he got back home, of course.

• ruthbru
    Options

down another 1.5 pounds.....two slip ups due to birthdays.....but, unlike my usual practice, I logged my over-the-limit days & went right back to the diet the next day. I'd like to keep this up until Christmas & get back right at it when the holidays are over.