Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Maybe we can get a group rate for the wiring.  I've been eating out of control today - don't know why!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,951
    Options

But you can still slurp malts through a straw!!!! Cry

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Yikes - is it Wednesday again??!!

I'm down .6 pounds from last week (yes, there's that pesky decimal point again).  Not much, but at least I'm going in the right direction, albeit very very slowly. Mary Louise - at least you have your Thanksgiving out of the way - here in the US ours is still pending!  

• ruthbru
    Options

I held even; which good considering all the funeral food I ate, plus the snacky traveling food, and leftover Halloween candy. I did try to be moderate, so I guess it paid off. Should have no eating events this week, so maybe I can actually go DOWN!

• patoo
    Options

Down 1-1/2 lbs - YAY - exercise works!

But, since I didn't meet my 10 lb loss before my trip (Monday) I will still put in my $10. for a total of $50. to be donated to BCo.

Since that ends this goal, I will have to come up with a new one that will take me through the holidays so I don't go gluttonous!

• ruthbru
    Options

I still want to keep working on those ten pounds too......of which I still have 5 to go!!!

• patoo
    Options

Okay then, 5 lbs. by Dec 31st.  (then I'll blow it all the next day, Jan 1 which is my birthday LOL)

• ruthbru
    Options

It's a deal! If my other 5 pounds isn't gone, I will donate another $50!!

• patoo
    Options

Me too.  ( BCo will end up being supported by you and I).  No, no, no - BCo will have to find another source of income because we are going to win this time.

Night friends.

• ruthbru
    Options
    We are already winning because we are going down!! We are just winning SLOWLY, and helping out a great organization along the way (that's my rationalization and I'm sticking to it Wink).
  • ruthbru
    Options

I have my annual physical Friday; my doctor has a 'heavy scale', so I have been VERY good this week (no birthday cake, cookies, carmel rolls or malts (all of which have been waved in front of my face since only Monday!), and am HAPPY to say that I am down another pound. This self control stuff is alot of work!!!!!

• NatsFan
    Options

Ruth - impressive willpower!  That doctor's scale is an effective deterrant, isn't it?

Down 1.6 pounds since last Wednesday. I think my idea to shake up my workout routines worked. 

• NatsFan
    Options

Down .4 since last Wednesday (note the decimal point).  Not much but at least I keep inching along in the right direction. 

I do find that having to post every Wednesday really helps keep me in line - I hope more people join us!

• ruthbru
    Options

Down 1/2 pound since last Wednesday.....but I had been down a whole pound before I did the 'EAT EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE WEEKEND TOUR', so am rather disappointed in myself. Yes, this is definitely motivating to me; lets work hard this week, because GOOBLE, GOOBLE day fast approaches!

• NatsFan
    Options

I knew this was going to be bad after having surgery on the 18th and with all the post-surgery physical restrictions limiting my exercise.  I'm up 3.5 pounds since my last weigh-in on the 17th. Cry

I feel like Sisyphus pushing that stone up the hill, only to have it roll back.

• ruthbru
    Options

Up 2 1/2 since Thankgiving. Mary, at least you have an excuse, mine is just plain gluttony!!! Lets push that rock back up the hill again!!!!! Ruth

• NatsFan
    Options

Down 1.4 pounds, so I've lost about half of last week's gain. I do feel much better seeing that decrease.  I'll just keep pushing that rock up that hill!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm right behind you this morning, Mary. The 2.5 Thanksgiving weight is gone (temporarily anyway), but would like to actually drop 2 more before all the Holiday Feasting.......heave ho!!!

• patoo
    Options

Down 4 lbs. from a month ago (yeah, I've been off the boards for a month).  I'm sure most of you will see my "excuse" on other threads but I'm back to watching what I'm eating and hopefully will get motivated to exercise as well.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow. Down 4 pounds is great! and very cool new picture!

• NatsFan
    Options

No gain for me this week, but no loss either. I'm exactly the same as a week ago.  So I didn't push the rock up the hill any further, but at least it didn't roll down on top of me this week either! 

Patoo - 4 pounds is very impressive!  Hooray!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 27
    Options

Can I join?  This is a great idea, like having to check in at Weight watchers.  I will weight on the Wii today

• ruthbru
    Options
    Up one from last week;not suprising since people have been bringing (and I've been eating) mounds of Christmas goodies all week! Frown
  • NatsFan
    Options

Erica - we'd love to have you!  I also use the Wii for my weigh-ins so there's no fudging the number or "forgetting" what last week's weight was - I can just click on the graph and there it is.  I find this really does help me keep accountable. 

Ruth - I hear you on the Christmas parties and goodies.  I think maintaining is going to be a worthy goal for the next few weeks!

• NatsFan
    Options
    Ack - I'm UP 2.2 pounds since last week.  Too many Christmas goodies, plus the post-surgical exercise restrictions.  I guess all I can do is keep plugging away, but I'm going to have a lot of work to do in January!  Frown
  • ruthbru
    Options

We will work together.....I ate SO much yesterday that I am not even going to weigh myself until tomorrow (which will probably not be any better 'cause I'm off to Perkins for a friends Birthday Breakfast......SIGH!)

• patoo
    Options

Missed 2 weeks of weigh-ins but logged on today to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas today.  I'm up about 2 lbs. from the 4 I had lost and am just going with the flow during these holidays because the eating is just over the top.

• patoo
    Options

Wow, made it here on a Wednesday.  That's the good thing.  Unfortunately there is no difference but at least there is no gain. 

Hope everyone is doing well (or at least better than me).

• imbell
    imbell Member Posts: 61
    Options

This is my first check in so no weight loss but for a laugh WII fit says I am 80 years old.LOL

• patoo
    Options

Sorry, Wii Fit doesn't lie!!!  Laughing

But we'll take your word for it.