Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    Options
    Here I am 5 pounds UP!!!!!!!!!!! Ho, Ho, Ho.................way to much 'Holiday Cheer'!!!.......Cry
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

But next week we're gonna get back on track, right?  That's my story....

• ruthbru
    Options

We HAVE to!!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Still up the 5 pounds, which is actually good because Monday I was higher than that. I have dusted out my Richard Simmons Food Mover & am going to try to stick to it. Also I am making myself eat a little breakfast (not a breakfast eater, but am now eating a carton of yogart, which will also add another calcium to my diet), and I am going to really try to get the 5 servings of fruit & vegetables in every day. Push the rock back up the hill!!!!

• patoo
    Options

Forgot to weigh before I left home this morning and we all know that we weigh more at night so will not weigh until tomorrow (more time to work off those chocolate pretzels I ate last night!)

Ruth, sounds like a plan you have there.  We can do this!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Up .9 pounds since I last reported in 2 weeks ago (I was flattened by a cold last week) and up a total of 5.3 pounds during the 6 weeks of my post-surgical activity restrictions.  Yikes!

Ruth - have you tried oatmeal in the morning?  I put oatmeal (regular, not instant) in a bowl, add some water top with some fruit (frozen fruit in the winter) and zap for a few minutes. Three quarters of a cup of oatmeal is a serving and a half for a total of 225 calories, and the fruit is negligible calorie-wise.

It's not the way the carton says to cook it, but I like it a bit less mushy.  It's a quick way to get some whole grains, a serving of fruit, and a warm breakfast all with a minimum of time and effort (I am so not a morning person).

• imbell
    imbell Member Posts: 61
    Options

Lost 4 lbs. mostly due to side effects rather than a conscious effort to diet but am going to try to lose more.

• ruthbru
    Options

I have some of the Quaker Oats Oatmeal bars, and they taste pretty good. I am not at all a cereal person; especially hot cereal. If I eat the yogart, then I get the calcium; which is a priority to me as I'd like my bones to outlast the arimidex!

• patoo
    Options

Day late but down 1.8 lbs.  Eating habits have been pretty good the last few days and also back to exercising almost every day. 

• NatsFan
    Options

Ruth - no hot cereal on those North Dakota winter mornings???!!  You're made of strong stuff indeed!  Laughing

Congrats Mary and Patoo on the weight loss!  I hope to join you in that loss category next week - this gaining business is getting old fast.  Cry

• ruthbru
    Options

I drink a very big mug of hot coffee when I get to work!

• patoo
    Options

Not happy - actually up 1.4 lbs this week - what happened????  I was good; guess I need to rev up my exercise.  WAHhhhhh!!!

• ruthbru
    Options
    down one of 'The Christmas Binge 5', which makes me 7 over where I want to beCry.
  • NatsFan
    Options

Down .7 pounds (note the decimal point) but I'm grateful for that because I'd actually gone up over a pound during the week so I'm relieved to have a net overall loss since last Wednesday.  Still have a ways to go to lose my 5 I gained in December.  

We'll get there, ladies!!! 

• patoo
    Options

Real quick fly-by.  Not only did I lose last weeks 1.4 lb gain but lost another 4.2 for a total 5.6 lbs down.  Now, let's see if I can keep if off until Friday's E-LAB weigh in.

How?  Increased water intake; good food choices and portion control, some exercise, bread only 1 day the entire week (and I love bread) and only good snacks (nuts, fruit).  I actually don't even feel deprived.  We can do this!

• ruthbru
    Options

Great job, patoo! Down two more (total of three) from the Christmas 5. Trying to get in more water, more fruit, limited portions and better snacks (fruit or granola bars instead of ice cream and chips).Yes, we can!!!!

• NatsFan
    Options

Hooray Patoo and Ruth!  Congrats to both of you. Your hard work is showing results.

I'm the bad kid here - up .2 pounds - at least there's a decimal point there.  I've been bad about exercising after work - the heat in the workout room is stuck on full blast and it's a little sweatbox down there (I work in an old school building that's 50+ years old).  There are no windows, and while there's an outside door, this isn't the best neighborhood in the world (our building is gang-tagged regularly) and I'm usually down there alone.. Sooooo I'm not going to prop the door open.  I need to get my butt in gear and start doing stuff at home since I can't work out here at work until they get this heat issue fixed. Frown

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, I was not really bad last week but not really good either, so I am up half a pound Yell. What I need to do is take a couple of days where I drop down to no more than 1,000 calories just to jump start the metabolism (but it won't start today as my dessert eating/wine drinking Book Club meets tonight). Tomorrow?????????????

• patoo
    Options

Same here.  Wasn't bad but could have been better and I'm up a lb from last Weds but down from Friday's E-LAB - go figure.   Hopefully will be down during Friday's weigh-in.  I kind of like doing Weds and Friday.  It's a bit of a challenge to get Weds lbs off by Friday. 

Back to work.  May be short day - snowing like crazy.

• imbell
    imbell Member Posts: 61
    Options

Lost 2 lbs. Still due to either SEs after chemo or Tamoxifen. Taste buds shot. Went on Calorie Counters after a long spell and found that they keep records forever. This time last year I was 17 lbs. heavier. Not much of a weight loss considering was on chemo for 4 months. Down 32 lbs. from start of bc so that is a good thing.  Aiming for another 24. Our government says older persons should exercise 30 minutes a day. I am going to try to move around for 30 minutes LOL

• NatsFan
    Options
    Up .2 pounds (decimal point) - not surprising since I was a total and complete slug last week.  I keep meaning to check the Wii to see what my weight was when we started this thread in September.  I've started back on the exercise bandwagon this week, so hopefully my number next Wednesday will be a minus. This gaining stuff has got to stop!!! Yell
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

OK, So I'm back.  I just could not weigh in on Wednesdays - BUT!!  I remembered today and will try to remember every week from now on!

I am down a total of 6 pounds since Christmas!!  This past weekend, my sister told me about loseit.com.  This is my 3rd day using this site and I must say that I feel much more in control counting everything that I eat!!  You can also add friends to your page that really keeps you motivated!!  We'll see where I end up next week! Kiss

• ruthbru
    Options
    Up 1/2 a pound Cry......I am going to checkout loseit.com when I get a chance........I need to go to a spa run by prison guards!!!!!!!!!!
  • NatsFan
    Options
    Hooray Mary Louise!  I'm up 1.2 pounds.  I am so discouraged.  I am starting to visit local health clubs tonight to find one to join and get some professional training.  Obviously chemo and other b/c treatment and now AIs have changed my body - the weight loss strategies that were successful for me in the past are not working at all now.  I guess I have to start figuring out the quirks of this new body I've gotten stuck with.  Frown
  • patoo
    Options

Now I'm up from Friday but I think down from last Weds.  And, for some strange reason, or maybe I'm hallucinating, it seems like I weigh less at night.  Go figure.

Congrats Mary Louise!.

• ruthbru
    Options

Mary Louise, I just signed up for loseit.com, I think it will be a TREMENDOUS tool! Thank you so much, & everyone else check it out.

• fmakj
    Options

you can add me as a friend if you'd like.  I am under fmakj    My sister and her family are all members and I find that it keeps you much more accountable to what you put in your mouth!!  So far, by adding the excercise, I have been able to stay under my calorie budget for the past 3 days (only been a member that long!).  I did set all my info to private - much to my nieces dismay - but wanted to make sure I stick to this before I embarrass myself with what I eat!!! Embarassed

• ruthbru
    Options

Oh geez, I didn't even think about that. I just went back & clicked that nobody can see anything until I think about if I just want this for me or to share. What stuff do you have clicked?

• fmakj
    Options

I went to settings, picked edit privacy and put for only myself to see:  weight chart, recent meal, recent excercise and my top foods and excercise.  Other areas I have on my friends on the site and badges for anyone to see!  I really am enjoying this and hope to be able to finally get on track!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I will go back and play with it tomorrow. I like it because exercise counts for you, and tracking the food that way makes me want to stay under the calorie graph line (well, for today anyway!).