Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Believe me, the abs aren't noticable to the naked eye!  Undecided  Part of LE therapy is doing firm massage-type action in the belly region - that's how she felt them waaay down deep in there.  I still have my soft jelly belly, but I must say it's gone down noticably with just a week of therapy. Cool  
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    Options

Down 1.5.......happiness and joy!!!! So the secret is, when you have been bad.....be bad but get right back at it the next day AND make sure your bad days don't fall right before Wednesday!!!

• NatsFan
    Options
    Down 1.1 pounds - agreed - happiness and joy!!!!!  And definitely don't have a bad day right before Wednesday!  Tongue out
  • carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,833
    Options

I just discovered this thread and will join the Wed weigh-in.  Since last Oct., I have been losing and gaining the same 4 or 5 lbs.  My goal is to lose 10 lbs by May 15th.

I subscribe to WW online but haven't been tracking.  Any excuse to get off track.  On Feb. 1, I had some dental surgery that required a "mushy" diet for most of the month.  I gained weight on "mushy"!

Wishing everyone a happy Wed. with healthy eating choices!

• Basia
    Basia Member Posts: 345
    Options

I need to lose the 15 or so pounded I gained while chemo. Can I join this thread ? before chemo I was heavier than I wanted to be but very muscular, now I am heavier and mushier, need to change that!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

I'm up from last week by .4 but down from Friday so I'm neither happy nor sad!  I agree, don't be bad before weigh in day.  Now I just have to stay good until Friday ELAB thread weigh-in. 

Welcome new friends.  I think coming here helps to keep us accountable, to ourselves, for being good. 

• ruthbru
    Options
    Welcome newcomers. Some of us have gone to www.loseit.com for tracking purposes; it is good because not only does it count the calories you eat, but you can gain calories back through exercise!! Also some of us regulars on the "Lets Post Our Daily Exercise' thread and you are also welcome to join us there!!
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Hey Everyone!  I am up 1 pound.  I am blaming it on water retention (that's my story, it has NOTHING to do with the double parties I had on Sunday!!)  I got back on track, but you know it is that time of month right now too (which lately can be pretty well anytime!)  Next week I am hoping for a loss again! 

Congrats Mary and Ruth - keep it up!  Patoo - Keep marchin' and you will get somewhere!! Cool

Welcome to Carole and Basia! 

• patoo
    Options

Hey, that marching is paying off when coupled with loseit.com - it's working.  I have a 10 lb loss goal by mid-May before I put on swimsuit in the Bahamas so something to aim for.

• fmakj
    Options

It is always great to have a goal in mind, and I do find that loseit.com is really quite easy to follow.  If you have "friends" it seems you are able to stay on track a little better!  Glad you got a holiday booked Patoo - you going alone??

• patoo
    Options

No, DS is honoring me with his presence.  Usually if there's not a Disney park he won't go but I lured him with the thrill of swimming with dolphins.  Then in June he goes, alone, to Disney convention in California and in Sept Disney convention in Florida - what a life - I want to be him when I grow up!

• NatsFan
    Options
    Down .8 pounds - not quite a pound, but I'll take it!
  • fmakj
    Options

I am down another 3 pounds - Gotta Love That!!!  I have earned the "Ten Pound Club" Badge this morning (officially 11 pounds off through loseit.com!!!)  I really do love that website, but you know it is you ladies (and everyone else on the excercise thread!)  that keep me motivated to keep working out!!!  I have really not changed my choices of foods, I have just been able to excercise off the additional calories and keep an eye on quantity of food!!  I know that losing will get much harder as I continue on, but for now, I am getting close to a weight that I have not seen in 8 or 9 years!!  Thanks again guys!! 

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589
    Options

Ruth,

fitday.com is a free online service that makes counting calories a lot easier...and easier to keep track of...it even gives you graphs on how your calorie consumption/weight goes up and down....I know almost to the ounce how much chemo adds during chemo week, and how much I lose the week after.

LOVE IT!

• carolehalston
    Options

Down 1.5 lbs! 

• ruthbru
    Options

down .5 (notice the decimal point), which is actually very good after all my cake and taco feeding of the last week....I have another weekend full of food activities ahead....yikes! What I really like about loseit is that you can gain back those calories by exercising. I will have to look at fitday too, looks like there are lots of good tracking options. Have a great (but moderately eating) day!! Ruth

• patoo
    Options

Down another pound this week - YAY loseit.com.  I agree w/MaryLouise that it is all of you who keep me going but loseit is definitely making me eat less and move more.  I love seeing how much more I can eat and watching it go up after I add exercise and I have actually been able to stay below my allowed points for a few days.  I will also look at fitday.com but too many sites will just get me crazy!

later friends.

• Basia
    Basia Member Posts: 345
    Options

down .5 from last week, very depressing since i have been trying a new diet, it seems to be working for my husband, but not me :(

• NatsFan
    Options

Basia - I'd have that same issue when starting a new diet/exercise program with dh - he'd drop 5-7 pounds without even trying, while I'd struggle for a pound.   I finally just gave up comparing myself to him as it was just too annoying! Yell

• fmakj
    Options

So.... it looks like NO ONE has GAINED this week!!  Yahooooooooo!!  Congratulations all around!! 

Basia - I too can not compare myself to anyone else - especially my DH (he is one of those people who eats all sorts of goodies and never gains!!)  So far I have found the loseit.com site to be working for me, but I have been trying to excercise faithfully for quite a while before this.  Don't give up!!

Carole - I seem to remember you from the Class of 2009 thread.  You are an avid golfer, right?

Welcome TonLee (at least I think you are new to this thread??)

Ruth - at least you have lost a little bit. Pretty good for having your cake and eating it too!!!   I wish I would have had all the fun activities that you guys seem to put on regularly!!  Maybe I would have enjoyed my school years better?? 

Patoo - See that marching IS getting you somewhere!!

Mary - the naked eye WILL be seeing those abs soon!!  Slow and steady wins the race!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

• carolehalston
    Options

fmajk, yes, I am a golfer.  I played today, and the weather was so-o-o-o beautiful.  Sunny with high temp. around 75.  The golf course is green again.  I felt very lucky to be out there. 

• patoo
    Options

Mary Louise, yes the marching is working.  I also find that I can't walk into my BR at night and just go to bed - have to either put on the TV or pick p a book and read for at least 30 mins and I'm finding I'm likely to go 40-45 mins and at a good pace.  And since I'm marching which lifts the knees up higher than normal walking, it works the core - read midriff.  Highly recommended.

Heading up in a few - night friends.

• fmakj
    Options

You probably sleep like a baby too!  Might have to try that cause I HATE crunches, so maybe this will be a good way to start toning that area???!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Never go on a diet with a man. Their metabolism is different and it will drive you quickly insane. They can lose ten pounds by eating 'only' one double cheeseburger and a 'small' fry at noon, or eating one donut instead of three......SIGH!

• NatsFan
    Options

Today's weigh in ::::drum roll::::  DOWN 2.4 pounds!!!!  Thanks to loseit.com, getting back into a routine, and continuing LE therapy to move out all the truncal LE fluid that had accumulated.  Hooray - I feel so much better!!! 

Mary Louise - thanks so much for the loseit.com recommendation.  I really like how it forces you to think about every bite you take - I think I'd gotten sloppy about counting low-calorie snacks and things - hey, if it's under 100 calories, it doesn't really count, right?  Loseit.com made me realize how much of those "it doesn't count" snacks I was having.  I also love the positive reinforcement it gives you for any exercise - seeing that calorie bar slide down when you post exercise is really gratifying.  I also like the charts and reports.  I've recommended it to several friends already, all of whom love it.  Thanks!

• ruthbru
    Options

up .5 (note the decimal point)....was bad all last week, didn't chart etc. I will leave here, log on to loseit and get back on the program (and thank goodness there is a program or I would be in trouble!).

Great Job, Mary!!!

• patoo
    Options

up 1 lb  from last Weds.  still trying to recover from the week before!  Nats, I totally agree with you about loseit.com - it makes me think about how much I'm putting into my mouth as I watch the bar climb up during the day (and go over too many days) and then adding the exercise pushes it down.   So here's hoping I can get it down by Friday's weigh-in on ELAB. 

• fmakj
    Options

Wow Mary!!!  That is great..... congrats!  I really love the loseit program.  I don't "feel" like I am dieting at all.... I just have to keep track of what I eat and find I can make much better choices now!  Yes I also have the 100 calorie snack forgetfulness (sometimes 200!) Surprised  But I also have to realize that I will not lose it all in a few months and may stay on the program longer if I don't feel so restricted.... always good to remember though!! 

Patoo & Ruth.... Not bad, considering that I was hearing how "off the program" you were.  Not bad gains at all!!  I too was WAY off the program last week (Started on Wednesday with celebrating the weight loss! Embarassed)  I did manage to "smarten myself up"  on the weekend, but I was already up almost 3 pounds!!! YIKES!! 

I am very happy to say that when I weighed myself this morning, I was exactly the weight I was last week (to the ounce- but I only post lb. losses Cool).  So I am quite happy with myself and getting back on track!  No celebrating today because it is Ash Wednesday, and I am fasting (kinda!) today!!

I have also been able to get into some of my smaller pants!!! YaHoo!!! Talk about motivation!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I think when you exercise, you rev up your metabolism and therefore burn more calories, all the time, so exercise is a double bonus kind of thing!

• fmakj
    Options

OK I am down 2 pounds!!  I thought I could have said 3, but must get rid of a few ounces more first!  Kiss

Mary - just thought I would let you know that you are very much missed on the Let's post our excercise board!  Hope everything is going well for you!