Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    Options
    I have been able to actually shed 2 pounds since last week!  My goal is to lose 1.5 pounds a week on loseit.com, so I guess that so far I have been able to "stay with the program"!    I too try to stay below the calorie intake (and if at all possible, try not to count the excercise deduction!).  So far so good,  we'll see what next week brings though!!  Surprised
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,952
    Options

Down 2.5 pounds thanks to Mary Louise & loseit......I totally DO count the exercise deduction!!! Here's how good I've been; I ordered Girl Scout Cookies from one of my students and when they came yesterday, I only ate ONE!!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Ruth - you lost 2.5 pounds this week and I found it! Cry  BUT, I was actually even yesterday, and we had Chinese food last night.  I'm suspecting it might have contained a lot of salt, because I gained the 2.5 pounds overnight.  Also, thanks to loseit.com, I know that I've been exercising AND watching my calories diligently.  So for my own sanity I'm deciding this is a temporary weight gain.  I mean, I even turned down home made brownies yesterday!!
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    Options

Here's another kudos for loseit.com - I'm down 3 lbs from last week.  However, I still believe that my scale was off somehow last week and had me too high but, like Nats, perhaps I had something with a lot of salt.  Anyhow, I'll take it and hope I can keep it off until Friday's ELAB weigh-in.  Keeping tabs on everything I put into my mouth definitely helps.  I wish they also followed water intake.

• fmakj
    Options

Hi Patoo - Sparkpeople.com does take into account the amount of water AND fruit/vegetables.  It just didn't work as well for me as loseit.com does.  I think having that "friend" feature on loseit helps me stay on the course!! 

Congrats to both of you and Nats I am SURE that if you had Chinese food last night, that you are definitely holding some water weight due to the salt.... just imagine what next week will bring!

• patoo
    Options

Thanks MaryLouis, you're right and  I think I used to have an account at Sparkpeople.  What I liked about it also was that you could, say, make a sandwich and save it whole as a 'food' and not have to add each item each time like you do on loseit (although maybe you can and I haven't figured it out yet).   Anyway, let me head over to loseit and see how much damage I did today.  Thanks.

• fmakj
    Options
    Patoo, I go to Add Food and then I click on Create Food (or something like that) and put the item in as a whole (wraps, sandwiches etc...)  I just label it so I know what exactly it was (chicken wrap - 1 oz, cheese, mayo, etc) and then put the total calorie amount it is.  Once you have it in, it will automatically come up under my foods (or something like that) Cool and you can then change the serving sizes and it will automatically change the calories for you.
  • fmakj
    Options

just read back on my last few posts, and I don't think that I congratulated Ruth on her weight loss!  Congrats Ruth!

• ruthbru
    Options

I am back to my pre-Christmas weight; I have the feeling that getting off the next few pounds is going to be harder.

• patoo
    Options

No Ruth, don't think that way.  You can do it, I insist.

MaryLouise, yes, I did that today.  Makes entering food so much easier, especially if you eat the same stuff often.  Thanks.

• ruthbru
    Options

OK patoo; if you will, I will Smile.

So far the documenting of everything is really making me eat much better, and I WANT to exercise so that I can get those calories back!!!!!

• fmakj
    Options

Yes, I agree!!!  I actually got on the treadmill last night and just walked - instead of jogging or doing one of the pre-programmed selections - just to be able to get the calorie intake down!  lol 

I find that I get on that site a few times a day now..... let's hope this will continue!!  We also DO have the coming summer season to keep us on track!  Cool

Once you get your items in, Patoo, it is very easy to track.  I eat the same breakfast every day and just copy the whole meal over. 

I am also around the weight that I was prior to Christmas, but must keep it up to get past that.... I am really trying to keep the water intake in as I know it will help, but it is sooooo cold out right now that the last thing I want is to drink anything cold!

• patoo
    Options

MaryLouise, I haven't been able to drink anything very cold for years - no ice in anything, so my water is room temp and easy to take big gulps.  Now if I just get off my duff and fill a water bottle... - talk about lazy!

I, too, find that the log makes me get in more exercise so I can get those calories back.  So far every day this, my first week, I've managed to stay under my allotment.  And it worked because I'm down a little over 3 lbs total.  YAY!

• fmakj
    Options

GREAT News Patoo!!  Congrats!  I also really don`t find it hard ....yet!  You have noticed that everytime you log a weight loss,  your calorie intake gets a little less!!  YIKES!

• patoo
    Options

No, I didn't notice that but, as you mention it, I remember it worked that way many years ago when I did Weight Watchers.

• ruthbru
    Options

Mine doesn't change. On the goal page I went to 'Edit Plan' and 'adjust calorie budget'; where I put on 1400 calories not matter how long it takes me to lose weight.... I know I can't stick with anything less than that.

• patoo
    Options

Thanks for the tip Ruth.  I'll leave it the way it is as long as I can.

Night all.

• ruthbru
    Options

for people doing loseit and using the nutrition graph; I did some checking and this what I found out: carbs should be from 45%-65% of our daily intake, protein 10%-35%, and fats 20%-35%.

• fmakj
    Options
    Thanks Ruth!  Will keep that in mind.... right now I am just tracking calories, but will probably need to start watching the nutritional intake soon.  I must say that since I started this program, I have not missed a day in tracking!!  I hope that the scale will reflect the dedication (and not the past weekend!!).  Embarassed
  • patoo
    Options

MaryLouise, I'm with you that the scale needs to reflect my dedication for this week!  Whose idea was it, anyhow, to have Valentine's Day 2 days before Wednesday Weigh-In?  Not fair.  And today is DS birthday to boot.  I am soooooooooo not responsible for what went past these lips the last 3 days!  

Ruth, for some reason I would have thought proteins would have been higher than carbs.  I also have only been watching calories so maybe over the next few days I will start to look at the nutrition side.  Except for today I've been consistently under my daily calorie count.  I think I ate today and tomorrow's count just today alone.  Better live on water tomorrow!

Night all.

• fmakj
    Options

I agree Patoo - Valentines day, DH's Birthday and the pre-beginning of the Nascar season just had to happen around the same time!!  I "tried" to keep it all in check by excercising more...... I guess only tomorrow's weigh in will give the full story!

• ruthbru
    Options

Having to record everything made me QUIT eating last night; without writing it all down, I would have been even worse yesterday.

• fmakj
    Options
    That is what happened to me last night also!!  I did NOT record it all though, but KNOW how bad I had been!  Cry  I have almost got all my water in for the day (one more bottle left!) and have gotten in 1 hour of excercise today, so I hope to see some downward movement on the scale!  Keeping my fingers crossed!!
  • fmakj
    Options

Down 3 Pounds!!!!  Amazing!!  Talk about getting me motivated all over again - I really did need it after this past week end!  I can only imagine how well I would have done if I had actually stayed on track for those 3 days!  Hope everyone else are "losers" also today!! Hahahaha

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, Mary Louise, that is awesome! I didn't lose anything BUT I didn't gain anything either, so am relieved and will try to avoid any more days where I eat 2,000 calories worth of candy!!!!!!

• patoo
    Options

I'm down half a pound so I'm thrilled!!!!  I also think it is because of logging every morsel on loseit.com.  I find that once I reach my calorie max I just stop eating for the night - it works.  YAY.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

DOWN 3.6 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool

I also credit loseit.com - it really makes you aware of every bite you eat. 

Secondly, it turns out the stuff I thought was a big fat belly is actually truncal LE.  My LE therapist has been working it out and I do notice that it's going down. I guess I should be depressed that I now have truncal LE as well as arm LE, but on the bright side it's good to know that the big belly isn't all fat, but a lot of lymphatic fluid that can be moved out.  I almost fell off the table as she was doing the LE massage on my belly when she said, "It's kind of tough to get a good 'scoop' motion on you since you have such great ab muscles and such a little bit of belly fat."  I'm sort of looking around going, "Who are you talking to?  ME???  Miss Jelly Belly???"

Finally, I made a point of NOT having Chinese food last night!  Laughing  

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, 'great ab muscles'......music to an exerciser's ears!!!!

• fmakj
    Options

Congrats on the loss, Nats!!  Sorry about the Truncal Lymphedema, but WOW - isn't it great that your great abs were noticed!!  I still have to find mine!  Maybe after I lose my first 50 pounds!!

• patoo
    Options

Yep, loseit.com is a winner - actually shows me going into the red the last 3 days and the scale showed it for ELAB this morning as I'm up 4 lbs over last Friday!!!! 

Cngrats Nats - weight loss and great abs.  Sorry about the truncal LE.

MaryLouise, I'll also be glad to someday find mine.

Off to work.