Thanks Bev. 

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited July 2014

Thanks Bev. 

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

Sorry for double post. It's hard to type on phone. I miss my kindle. I wish the mods would fix this soon.Bawling

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited July 2014

Hi ladies,

Sounds like I have missed a lot that's been going on here.  I was out of town all last week.  Drove to CT to visit  my son & celebrate his birthday!  He turned 34!  

As of July 1st I am eligible for Medicare & I'm finally off of "HIS" insurance forever!  Monday I had to go for my 6 month mammogram (ouch! breast is still tender) & they said the scans looked good!  

After months of exhausting apartment hunting, I think I have found a place.  I don't meet the income requirements so I have to have a co-signer.  I have never lived in an apartment; owned my house for 30 yrs. & then moved in w/ "The Cheater" (big mistake),  so now I am facing another challenge in my life.  

Just want to mention to KB-I highly recommend Dr. Ruth Hetland.  She is my Breast Surgeon in Rochester, NY.  I also go to Pluta Cancer Center on Red Creek Drive.  My Drs. there are great as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Love, Linda

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

great news all around Linda. Found an apartment, will get Medicare, good mammo, and you got to celebrate ds birthday with him. So happy for you. It doesn't get much better than that!!!  Go celebrate the success of things turning around. Who'd think you'd accomplish all that in such a short time. Kudos 

Maureen 

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited July 2014

Linda- what a terrific new story from you. How exciting to be moving forward with good scans, a new apartment and your own insurance. I'm happy happy happy for you!

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited July 2014

Ahh Linda, what great news, your own place to make just how you like it, I know I look around my place and find pleasure in all in all I see. my own sanctuary, may you build your own.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

HappyNeed I say more about my scan results?

Life is good 

• bevin
    edited July 2014

Maureen.. what happy news to wake up to on this fridsy morning.I am going todrink a chocolate martini in your honor today.... just hope I can wait till tonight !!!

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2014

Maureen, so so happy for your good news! Chocolate martinis anyone? 

Linda, so glad to hear things are coming together for you....you can do this. Best wishes in your new apartment! 

A big hello to all my friends here. It's been a long time since we've been together. Hope you are all doing well.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

Bev: why wait? Lol enjoy

Jan:  been keeping up with your schedule through Nora. So glad everything is going so well for you and family

Karen: how are the migraines doing with increased meds?

Kindone: how's things

Heymoose: how's the new job

Susan: keeping up with you on fb. Tristan is getting so big. Praying for your mil 

Kb33 hope you are hanging in there

Linda: still celebrating your good news

Debbie: shout out all ok?

Did I miss anyone? I'm blaming chemo brain hahaha 

Have a good day. Off to the races tomorrow in Batavia. Here's to having fun 

• karen333
    edited July 2014

YAY YAY YAY YAY What wonderful news, we'll be dancing!!!! love Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2014

Hi all, 

So happy to hear things are great on all fronts.  Let me know about August get together. 

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited July 2014

We have some celebrating to do!!, dates are Aug.9 - 0, 23 - Betty, Maureen, Karen, Jan (pos). 30 - Betty, Maureen, Karen at Creekview at 1:00, we'll pick the date most people can make it.

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

August 9th I'm on vacation with family. Enjoy  oh I gave a large donation to Batavia downs last night  but had fun anyway.

• karen333
    edited July 2014

Did you buy a horse? hahaha

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

probably would've been cheaper? Lol

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2014

As of now I am good for whatever date you choose.

Maureen, sorry you donated.

Hugs to all.

P.S. Work is getting in the way of my lifestyle I became accustomed to. LOL

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2014

Just figured out how to add a photo....it's not so hard.

Angela and Matt cutting cake. They've moved to Clifton Park near Albany. My younger daughter Karen was crying like a baby when they left on Sunday. Needless to say there was a chain reaction. Just have to remember, it's not very far. I can be there at the word go. Hopefully see all at lunch soon with more pictures.

• karen333
    edited July 2014

Cheryl, how quickly we become used to retirement!!  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

beautiful picture Jan!!!  Love it and the dress. Hope your days are less hectic now 

I'm doing ok. Just on the phone all day with the insurance issues Devil

• karen333
    edited July 2014

Jan, your daughter looks so beautiful, cannot wait to see all the pictures, the 23rd was a good day for you wasn't it?  Medical insurance companies exist to make the people they cover medically sick and muttering 4 letter words!

• bevin
    edited July 2014

Jan- beautiful picture and a beautiful bride. Her wesding dress looks amazing

• Kb33
    Kb33 Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2014

distressing week.   Since I wanted a diep and Roswell was out of question and I decided to go to NOLA... Was surprised when insurance told me strong was my only other in network choice.  So Monday I meet with ps there.  Who gave me Agard time about scheduling surgery so soon after quitting smoking and then said I should have a tram instead of a diep and he would not do the diep.  

So.. No one in network will do the diep... But insurance won't cover procedure at NOLA as in network.  So I am back to paying higher deductables.   

On the good side.  NOLA agreed with decision to move surgery out three weeks to 9/9 to increase my ability to heal with more time not smoking.  But now I have to pay for everyone's plane ticket changes.   Ugh

Then mom (63) was told to get her spot of lcis biopsied.   This has now turned into a 6 biopsy day for her and I am worried that docs might be getting overly cautious... As they are now suggesting to her removal cause I have dcis in one breast.   Anyone fell like the more they look.... The more they might find to potentially get nervous about.   Sigh ;-(

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

Hi kb33

Sounds like you've had a really challenging week  sending a cyber hug to help your recovery from the stress.  Why did the doc in Rochester prefer one over the other? Did he give you a reason for his choice? I'm not lecturing you on smoking some women on this site have or do smoke. It's a personal choice but I know it does impact skin recovery from the procedures. Can you appeal the insurance company decision based on the information from both surgeons? The worst they could say is no. No opinion on the airline costs they are out of control and I see no improvement any time soon. My only recommendation is to take deep breaths, enjoy your family and get as many errands as you can prior to surgery so you have less stress when you get home. 

Hope your moms biopsy works out. Sometimes when it rains it pours but sounds like you're in a hurricane right now  

Hugs

Maureen 

Please check back often and let is know how you and your mom are doing. We care!!

• bevin
    edited August 2014

Dear KB sorry about your distressing week and I'm so happy to hear you quit smoking.  I , unlike maureen, relentlessly lecture those who do smoke. Having watched my parent die of COPD, its an ugly disease with an uglier and painful death. You will live longer, healthier and be richer for quitting.  Praying your surgery goes well and that your Mom is ok. Its good they're checking and keeping a watchful eye on her.. 

• bevin
    edited August 2014

I found this at my Moms. Thought it was beautiful and wanted to share:

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow.

The same loving Father who cares for you today, will care for you tomorrow and everyday.

Either he will shield you from suffering, or he will give you unfailing strength to bear it.

Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings.

St Francis de sales

The last line is so appropriate for anyone in our space. Hugs

B

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

beautiful prayer Bev. Do you mind if I cross post on the power of prayer thread?

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Beautiful prayer bevin for all of us in this space, love, Karen