Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2014

I got a lot of drinking cards, should I start worrying, naw, I'll just drink to thank to that!!  Thank  you all for all the good wishes and the laughs at luncheon.  love, Karen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited August 2014

Karen, 

No need to worry..lol  We're just a couple of 'wild and crazy girls' or to quote Saturday Night Live from back in the day 'we are two wild and  crazzzzzy  guys'...lol

And I call dibs on the glass of champagne that's more full in the pic I posted!

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Seaside, I believe September's luncheon will be in Batavia, any chance we can finally Shangai you and we'll spring for a nice big glass of champagne?

• patsback
    patsback Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2014

I've been away for a while...in the hospital with vertigo after a fall...MRI and CT to head results were good. (thankfully).  I go for Taxol #27 next week.

Rozann -I never went to Roswell.... I've gone to the Wilmot Cancer Center ..and now Pluta Cancer Center....both of which are affiliated with Strong Memorial Hospital.

Also waiting for results of PET/CT scan (which I'm supposed to get on Wednesday before infusion.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2014

wow pat sorry

To hear of your fall. Great that all is ok. What's the other scan for?

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Linda, didn't you go to Pluta where Pat is going?  Are you close enough to have a mini Rochester coffee group like Esther and I had?   It was nice to touch base and inexpensive too.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

just had the scariest encounter in my life.  Enjoying the day with dd home and out browsing my phone keeps ringing from a number I don't recognize. After the 5th time I tell dd to answer because I'm driving and this guy says he's with my husband or son whose been in a critical car crash and they need information immediately. Long story short and multiple questions and police report it's a scam. Yes some a&&hole did this to us. I am so angry and upset and apparently this is happening all over wny. Thank god my dd had the wherewithal to recognize the scam, hang up the phone and call dh and ds right away to confirm they're in one piece because I was hysterical. Now I'm bitter because I think people like that will live forever and I get cancer?  Where's justice ??????  Ok rant over 

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2014

That is horrible Maureen. Thank God you didn't give them any private information.

Patsback- glad that you're vertigo seems to have improved. Good luck with your scans, hoping they show regression.

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Oh my lord Maureen, you must have been frantic, there are some sick people out there, so glad Mere was with you, hope police can trace them back.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

so police said they've had multiple complaints and the phone number is not valid. They run through a blck box so number that appears is not valid anyway. 

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2014

Maureen, what a horrible experience! Some people are just so mean, bad, stupid....Glad your guys are ok. You're right, where is the justice! 

Patsback, sending good wishes for good results from scans. 

Hi everyone! Two weeks from today is second daughters wedding and then I'll be free for lunch! 

• SeasideMemories
    edited August 2014

Maureen,

There is an especially hot place in hell reserved for people like that! No excuse for such meaness...period!  So sorry that those creeps did that to you and hoping the police catch them and spare any other people the terror that you and DD went through!

Karen,

September is a little crazy but let me know what day your lunch is and I'll see what I can do.  Batavia is closer so a little easier.  I'm hearing this winter is going to be just about as ugly as last so it's soon or spring...boooooooo!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

winter should be a 4 letter word. Snow stinks. 

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2014

Maureen, that sucks,  those people will get there right justice, Bast////.

Pat good luck with the scans, I"ll be praying.

Had a awsome time at lunch, went to cottage for a couple days, now back to workScared.

• kindone
    edited August 2014

Sue, we missed you.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

hi all 

Pat. Please let us know how the scan went. Let's celebrate the good news your going to hear 

Thanks all for listening to my rant. We actually had a good laugh after the initial scare. Ds and dh mentioned the first words out of dd mouth on the initial phone call was " are you dead?"  Ds said if he was dead he wouldn't be answering the phone lol. We have a twisted sense of humor!!! 

Betty. Glad you had a few days to relax at the "lake house". 

Pat/Jan/seaside/Linda. Hope we can all meet in Batavia for our next lunch. 

Take care

• karen333
    edited September 2014

Hi all, time to get ready for September Batavia luncheon, Jan, I've forgotten what you look like.  And Rochester ladies, times to hit the road.  First things first, Betty, what are good days for you and we will go from there.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

karen. What did you wear for the bills game today?  I fell asleep lol. Bruce told me they won and thought he was kidding   Hahahaha

• karen333
    edited September 2014

I slept through it, I am not wearing my sleep shirt!!   Cannot believe they won, that's the solution - we don't watch.

• karen333
    edited September 2014

I should amend that - migraine meds slapped me on my arse.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

again. You need to go to the dent clinic and find out what the hell is going on.

• karen333
    edited September 2014

dent clinic?  This is the same pattern my migraines followed before except they were more frequent.  I'm expecting a doozie when we drop into the the 60's!!  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

Dent clinic  is on Sheridan dr. I will call you today

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2014

I also wasn't able to watch while televised and DH recorded it to watch later so can't refute the 'Don't Watch' strategy!  But, yay anyway!  They won and in overtime, no less..lol!

I guess if we adopt the sleep through the game we will at least be well rested!

Karen,

Those migraines are the pits.  I hope, if they are related to changes in the weather, that once we get into fall with more consistant temps your migraines will be behind you!  

Ps... If you were sleeping and not wearing your nightshirt, does that mean we'll need to 'not watch' in the buff to ensure a win?  lol.....   Maybe nekked is the new sundress?  Winking

• karen333
    edited September 2014

Oh lord that's a vision!!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

Loopyhahahaha. Love that vision. A group of women sleeping in the buff to win the football game. If they'd get to the Super Bowl I'd seriously consider 

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2014

The Buffalo Sabres owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, have reached a tentative agreement to buy the Bills for  1.4 billion.  They stress that they will keep the Bills in Buffalo!  Great News!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11493438/terry-k...

• SeasideMemories
    edited September 2014

Lol, Maureen if it would guarantee a Super Bowl DH would be leading the pack and I bet he wouldn't be hurting for followers!!!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

Loopy Haha. Like the pegulas. They are doing great things for buffalo and they seem like a very humble couple

• kindone
    edited September 2014

Hello ladies,  I am so busy please don't go by my schedule.  I can do sept 20th and the Oct 19th which is a Sunday.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Hope to see you soon.  

Betty