Western New York Area

Comments

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited June 2014

Wow! I have missed a lot. 

Susan I am so sorry for your family's loss. Sending hugs and prayers to all.  I bet you are happy to have hubby home.

Maureen, what a party you put on.  I hope you slept for a week.  So happy Mere was there to help you.

Jan, I did not know your daughter was getting married at Becker Farms.  What pavilion will she be in? Katie and Ben's wedding was just beautiful, they did a great job.  They were in the old building.  Very happy about your MRI results and hope you have good results from the PT.

Linda, my girlfriend is doing great, she should of had the surgery years ago.  Sorry to hear about your mortgage situation.

Bevin, enjoy your pool and relax!!!!

Karen, I hope you are feeling better and no more migrains.

Betty, so what are you up to????

Well sorry I have been gone for soooo long.  I started a new job on 5/23 and worked for 2 weeks and then Pat and I went on vacation for 8 days.  We went to Reno for Pat's navy ships reunion for 4 days and then on to San Fransisco for 4 days.  While in CA we went to Napa and Sonoma Wine country, what a beautiful place and some great wines too.  That was a great trip. Returned home last Monday and back to work on Wednesday.  Still trying to get used to working again. 

I wish everyone a good night and miss you all. 

Love and hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited June 2014

Hi all, Sunday was headache free, it was glorious, unfortunately it came back today.  Susan drove me to hospital for bloodwork and I see the Dr. on Thursday.  When I take the Imitrex I cannot drive, I had things to do today instead I will miss most of the day in bed.  I feel like such a whiner.  Hopefully the bloodwork will trace it to my thyroid med being in need of adjusting. I hated missing all of you on Saturday, love, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2014

Aaaawww (hugs))) karen. The doc needs to get to the bottom of these debillitating headaches. After the winter we've experienced this year, you need to enjoy the summer vs spending in bed with a headache. 

Hope everyone is doing well. I enjoyed talking to you in spite of canceling our lunch  

Love 

Maureen 

• heymoose
    edited June 2014

Hi Ladies,

Karen, I hope you have good news from the doctor about your headaches.

I would like to ask you for your prayers for my BIL.  He has a turmor on a muscle in his leg.  Not quite sure where in the leg.  He had a CT scan and having a Pet scan today.  I am praying for B9 results.

I hope all are doing well.

Hugs, Cheryl 

• karen333
    edited June 2014

Dear Cheryl, prayers going his way now, keep us unformed, love, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited June 2014

Dear Cheryl, sorry to hear of your brother in law. Praying all turns out okay for him

Karen- this weather doesn't help those who suffer from migraine.  Hoping you feel better now. Not sure if you've tried it, but Botox does wonders for Migraine. The Dent clinic and other neurologists use it now . Its different type of Botox/strnegth than used for wrinkles but most people have good results with it.  Worth a try and in this setting is covered by Insurance if indicated by your MD.

Happy Wednesday everyone

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

Cheryl. Prayers to you and your family. For b9 results. 

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

Anyone interested in lunch during the week?

• karen333
    edited June 2014

Me, after the first, up there in case I have to bail out again.  bevin, will ask PCP about it, have seen the commercials on TV.  I have another one today.  love to all Karen

• bevin
    edited June 2014

Weekdays are generally hard for me. But would love try to.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited June 2014

Not sure about lunch any day right now, although, Maureen, I could do a quick coffee/ breakfast some morning, Panara? 

Karen, hope those migraines leave for good! 

Cheryl, prayers for your BIL, hope his results are good.

Hi everyone, it's been a long time....

• karen333
    edited June 2014

Hi all, my thyroid levels were very low, so Dr. adjusted the levels.  She wants me to see a Neurologist so tests can be done to find the cause, waiting for OK from insurance company.  She said she can treat them when I get them but better to get to root cause.  I saw a Neurologist when I lived in Va. and went through a whole battery of tests, a primary trigger for me was just before my period when hormones were running wild, overtired, drastic weather changes in temp. and barometric pressure and stress of course. I have a slight headache today but not a full migraine. add another Dr.!!!!!

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

agree with your doc karen. Getting to the bottom of these headaches is important part of quality of life. No movies either. I think the big screen is hard on you too Winking

Love you 

• heymoose
    edited June 2014

Hi, thanks for your prayers and please continue them.  It is not good news, he has squamous cell carcinoma in his lower right leg muscle.  They have not done a PET scan yet, so we do not know if it has spread.  His lymph nodes are swollen in his groin area.  I will keep you posted.

Maureen, as you know I am now back to work, :( so I will not be able to do lunch.  Bummer!!!!!  

Hugs to all, I miss you and could use a group hug right now.

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

group hug coming your way.

• bevin
    edited June 2014

Big huge hug coming your way and many many prayers

• karen333
    edited June 2014

Another group hug on it's way, love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

what about an early week night dinner ?

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

We went tI the kruisin 4kids with childhood cancer fundraiser today  someone was selling a 57 Chevy for a bargain price of 42k. Beautiful car all original on that blue color of the 50's had makeup on and literally was melting off my face. The heat is too much for me 

• karen333
    edited June 2014

I'm up for a early week dinner, not on Monday though.  Don't count me as a definite though, had a migraine today, so it's dependent on my headaches.  I can't take the heat anymore either, spoke to my cousin who is visiting her daughter in Atlanta where it was 95 yesterday! love to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

yep. Heat is awful. Wasn't it a few months ago we complained about the cold?  

• Maureen813
    edited June 2014

ok pic a day.  Tuesday or Wednesday works best for me due to chemo. Second week in July? 

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited June 2014

Two weeks til first wedding, so no dinner out for me right now. 

Cheryl, sending a hug and prayers.

Karen, hoping those migraines stop now!

• heymoose
    edited June 2014

Thanks for the group hugs and prayers.  Will keep you posted on his cancer journey.

Tuesdays work better for me, but will rearrange my schedule to be with everyone.

Love you

Cheryl

• heymoose
    edited July 2014

Wow!!!! It is very quite here.  I hope all are doing well and had a great holiday.

Hugs

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

good holiday Cheryl. I know karen is still dealing with the migraines so she's off the grid. My holiday was great. Ds friend came home from the army on the 4th and party at my house started. Fun and a great group of guys  down to earth hard working kids who wanted a party.  How can " mamma cook". (Their name for me) say no to that?   By dark we had about 30 people sitting by a fire. Of course those without designated drivers spent the night. Lol yesterday and today dh and I are recovering. Hi to all. Hope you had a great weekend 

• karen333
    edited July 2014

Hi all, still battling migraines here, found a good Neuro. he prescribed a daily blocker, that seems to be working but the breakthrough full blown migraine injectibles are over 200 dollars, we are appealing the decision.  So, Tuesday is out for for me, I miss you all, I feel like I live in a quiet cloister!

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

ok karen. We can put off until you feel better which I know will be soon. Need to call Betty and get availability 

• Maureen813
    edited July 2014

I just posted an update on you. Great minds think alike Winking

• karen333
    edited July 2014

You can tell how many drugs I have in me, they are $421.51 a dose!!