• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2014

Maureen-you are welcome to share it.

Karen-i loved it too

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2014

thanks Bev. Your mom sounded like a wonderful woman. She's still helping people. May she rest in peace

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited August 2014

bevin, Susan, what are your choices for August lunch, the 23rd and  the 30th have the same with the exception that Jan may be able to be with us on the 23th.  Let me know and I will make reservations. love, Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2014

hi there, right now I am available both dates, but I may end up taking some time off of work and travel for a week.; that will either be the week of the 17th or the following week. I will figure that out likely by Wednesday this week. So don't chose based on me. I'd love to join but am not sure what our final plans will be.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited August 2014

Karen, unfortunately i won't be able to make the 23rd. I've been invited to join my two daughters for Karens bachelorette on a wine tasting tour. I know I will miss the chocolate martini, but I'll drink a little bit of wine for each of you! Second wedding is closing in on less than six weeks. Also can't commit to the 30th, son's bday. At this point I'm shooting for lunch in October.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2014

Hi ladies,

I can't believe it's already Aug. 11th!   How does time evaporate so quickly?   

Things haven't been too great w/ me again.   Now that I leased an apt, my Mom is having 2nd & (3rd) thoughts about me leaving.  I know she will not be able to live alone!  She NEVER once asked me to stay w/ her either.  I was receiving mixed signals from my siblings as well.  I'm very anxious about living alone; have never had to before now & it's scary.  

I get the keys this Friday & the movers are scheduled for this Saturday @ 9;30am.  I have been so stressed about this; worrying about if all of my belongings are gonna fit in this apt to financial issues!  I haven't felt good all month; have had severe issues w/ my gastro conditions.    

In addition to all that; my older son, who lives in CT, is in jeopardy of losing his teaching job!  He just found out about this on Friday. It's all state bureaucratic bullshit!   He is so upset; he drove to Rochester on Saturday & left today @ noon.  One more issue for me to worry about!

I had an appt @ Pluta last Thursday.  Was there for about 3 hrs!  Had blood work done, met w/ the MO for a follow-up & then had my Reclast infusion in the chemo room.  She is very concerned about my bones.  Oh, I weigh 97 lbs, which is pretty good for me!

well, that's my sob story for the day;  send some prayers my way that I survive this week & that my son does NOT lose his job.

Linda

• janhart
    edited August 2014

Oh, Linda, so sorry about all that's going on. Will keep you and your son in my prayers.

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Dear Linda, everything comes at once doesn't it.  Came across a quote: Above all, be the heroine not the victim.  It is always the hardest thing to do, but the pride you feel after it is worth it, prayers and hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

Hi Linda back from vacation and came across your post. Let's take things one at a time. IMHO living on your own is a good thing providing a sense of accomplishment and independence   I believe you will be happy when you adjust.  Will you be close to your mom to visit often?  Perhaps she could hire an assistant  to help?  You need this time to figure out who you are and what makes you happy. Once you settle, you can provide support to your son. With his degree he could find a job. Things always turn out just the way God planned them. Hang in there, we are rooting for you!!!

Maureen

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Brrr all, sure is chilly, luncheon will be on the 23rd at 1 at the Creekview in Williamsville.  I have four of us, Betty, Cheryl, Maureen and me, if I missed anyone give a call or post.  We'll get back to normal in September.  Maureen - there will be dancing involved!  Love to all, Karen

• bevin
    edited August 2014

Please count me in.! Looking forward to seeing all of you!

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Great bevin, can't wait to see you!!

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

yay I love dancing. 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2014

Hi Dear Sisters,

Dancing will be great!!!!  

Linda, prayers eing seent for your family.

Well had a busy and very disappointing week.  My BIL has squamis cell cancer in his lower leg.  He has been in and out of Rosewell this week.  On Thursday, they tried a procedure to infuse his leg with chemo and heat it up.  He went in at 7:00 pm and after 3 1/2 hours they said they were not able to do the procedure.  We were all heart broken.  The next step for him is to have his leg amputed above the knee.  My sister is a mess.  They went back to rochester on Friday and will be going to Strong for the amputation.  I would like to ask my sisters for continued prayers, as he has a long road ahead of him.

I can't wait for lunch, I could really use a group hug!

Hugs, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

So very sorry to hear this news Cheryl. Ilast time you posted you seemed very positive and now this ??  They can do wonders with prosthesis devices now however the mental anguish must be difficult. You and family are in my prayers. (((((((((Big cyber hug)))))))))

• karen333
    edited August 2014

Dearest Cheryl, the hugs and prayers will flow unceasingly, what a long and disappointing night that must have been, we have you in our arms right now.  I made the reservations today for 6, just in case we hear from our Susan, they promised to have a bottle of Lady Godiva Liquor ready for us.  We will dance happy tears and turn sad ones into happy.  love to all, Karen

• janhart
    edited August 2014

Cheryl, so sad for this diagnosis for your BIL. Wish I could hug you in person, but know that I am thinking of you and keeping your family in my prayers.  Wishing all my sisters here a fun and inspiring lunch on Saturday. While you are dancing and downing chocolate martinis, I will toast each of you with wine. It's been way too long since I've seen you all. Miss you! 

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

miss you too jan 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2014

Thank you sisters for your hugs and prayers.  I can't wait for Saturday and hug you all in person.

Hugs Cheryl

Jan, enjoy the wedding and we will toast you back.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

happy birthday karenHappy

49th right?Winking

• janhart
    edited August 2014

Happy birthday Karen!  Hope you are well!

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2014

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about you BiL.  My prayers are with your family.  

Karen Happy Birthday and many more.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Love Betty

• bevin
    edited August 2014

Karen, happy birthday! Have a wonderful year

• karen333
    edited August 2014

See all of you at 1:00, took long enough to get here!!!!

• bevin
    edited August 2014

Whose name are reservations under?

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

guessing karen

• karen333
    edited August 2014

right, didn't know your phone number by heart, duh.

• bevin
    edited August 2014

Lovely lunch with some lovely friends.... Thank you for a wonderful time today.

• Maureen813
    edited August 2014

agreed. Can't wait until next time. 

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited August 2014

Karen,

Happy Birthday, my dear friend!  Here's to many, many more!