Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited September 2014

Hi all, after several phone calls to Betty to get ourselves in line, let's get our luncheon locked in ladies.   Sunday, October 19th, 1:00, in Batavia, at Alex's Place. I'm going to put my teacher voice on and no more visiting unless it is a yes or a no, then we can go back to getting all our news out there.  This is the first time I've used my teacher voice and if you don't listen, I'm sending you to Maureen, ha

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited September 2014

Wow yes I will attend Ms karen. Can I take my seat please??? Winking

Ps will call you later ds in shower  and I need to talk with him 

To kb and Jo and patsback newbies. Let is know either way. Know your on the midst of treatment but may be good to get out with new friends.  So excited 

• karen333
    edited September 2014

I was sending them to you for a severe tongue lashing Sister Maureen, that makes three and if kb,.Jo,and patback join us we are up to 6, lets keep that number climbing!  Let me know, lunch is always fun, you get to see us in a laid back atmosphere.

• Kb33
    Kb33 Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2014

I would love to join you all but find thAt I will be out on town for work that evening and spending afternoon with kidlets prior.  Hopefully I can catch the next one

Kimberly

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

Awwww maybe next time kb. Hope you are well.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited September 2014

I will be there! Sooo lookong forward to seeing everyone

• karen333
    edited September 2014

Kb, we will miss meeting you, bevin, I have a picture in my head of you walking into Alex's with your beautiful smile, can't wait wait t see it again, Linda? Jan/ribs?......

• karen333
    edited September 2014

That was a pitiful game except for the part that Jim Kelly was in the booth, where'd last wek's Bill's go?  Cheryl, Jan, Susan, Linda, does Oct. 19. at Alex' s in Batavia at 1 work for you?

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited September 2014

Hi Karen, game was not good this week. Maybe it had something to do with what you were or were not wearing? 

Wish I could say definitely yes for the 19th, but not sure at this point. I'll know as it gets closer. 

Still running slow here in post wedding mode. Both weddings were beautiful, can't believe they're over. Hopefully I'll have pictures at some point to share. 

Hope everyone is well.

Jan

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

hi jan. Nora mentioned the wedding was spectacular. So glad you can rest now 

Karen?????  Where's the nightshirt ? Or lack thereof hehehe. 

I was sitting in the exact same place playing on my phone and the bills lost :(. Don't understand all the penalties?  IMHO that's why we lost   Always next week 

Love

Maureen

• bevin
    edited September 2014

plus... our QB can't seem to throw to the receiver... its either too short, too far, too left too high...maybe he needs corrective eyewear??

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2014

HI LADIES!

I haven't been on here in about a month & I'm sorry.  I moved into my apartment on Sept. 1 and I'm still getting settled.  I have never lived in an apartment before & so far I don't like it.  Also I don't like living alone; 1st time for that as well.  I just had my wifi installed this past week; hence my not being able to use the internet.  

So much has happened this month, I don't know where to begin.  I'll save it for another time.

So what have I missed?  How is everyone doing?  I guess I have some reading to catch up on!

I hope you are all doing well.

Hugs,

Linda

• LindaJD
    edited September 2014

PS.   Yes Karen I do go to Pluta Cancer Center.  You have a good memory!  Is Pat someone new on here?

• LindaJD
    edited September 2014

Okay, I'm back!    Karen, Happy Belated Birthday!  Jan, you had another daughter that recently got married?  Must have been an expensive summer for you!  Cheryl, you mentioned that your BIL had cancer & was going to Strong for a leg amputation; how is he doing?  Patsback, I sent you a private message about Pluta & living in Rochester.  

Like I said, this past month or so has been crazy.   The end of August I had a nephew that got married; it was a barn wedding which was done very tastefully.  Also I moved into my apartment on August 31st.  I had to go furniture shopping; I didn't even own a bed.  Now I have a new couch & a new bed!  I went back to work on Sept. 2nd but this past Friday the 19th was my last day.  I resigned from that school district & I was hired by another school district, which is closer to where I am now living.  I start my new job on Wednesday.  

I'm sure you remember my ex partner & how he cheated on me last year while I was going through cancer; WELL, I recently found out that he MARRIED the woman he was screwing last year behind my back!  We were together 11 years & he always said he would never get remarried.  It was such a slap in the face!  It made me wonder what the hell was wrong w/ me?  Why would he marry her, someone he knew for about a year but tell me all the years we were together, that he would never remarry?  I know that no one can tell me the answers that I'm searching for.  My family tells me to "let it go" but it still hurts.  

Did I read something about the next luncheon on Oct. 19th?  That's a Sunday; is the date correct?  Let me know.

Hugs to all,

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

hi Linda. Good to hear from you!!  Sounds like you've been busy. Your apartment sounds great. New furniture too!! Wonderful!  They are all yours and I'll bet that makes you feel wonderful 

Concerning the marriage, The Lord works in strange ways. You left when you were able and found a wonderful job, apartment et all. What does he have? You are free and clear and cause for a great celebration!! Pity the girl and the life she is going to live. It will be painful and you know that first hand. 

Yes we are meeting in Batavia on Sunday oct 19 hope you can join us. Karen had her teacher voice and you don't mess with the teacher lol 

Pat is a newer member. Last we heard she was having a scan and haven't heard since. Hoping all is ok. Kb is new too 

I've heard of weddings being held in barns. They are suppose to be the up and coming thing. If you have pics bring them. I'd love to see them. I've yet to attend a barn wedding and curious. Glad you had a good time 

Jan. We need pics of the wedding too

Karen. How's the migraines?

Hi everyone!!! Miss you all so much. 

Love

Maureen

• janhart
    edited September 2014

Hi ladies, I know this is last minute, but is anyone interested in meeting for a quick coffee/breakfast tomorrow morning? I was thinking 8:30ish before everyone gets busy with their day. Panera on Transit near Lowes or the one on Main near Union. it's been so long since I've seen you all.......Jan

• karen333
    edited September 2014

Dear Jan, while the company is grand and I love Panera's, I am so not an early riser, I can hear Maureen cracking up from here, I'll have to pass, love to all of you, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

jan. As much as I'd love to meet I'm suppose to go to the farmers market with my sisters then a surprise party. I'd love to meet sometime soon even during the week. A lot of the girls don't read at night so no response means they just haven't gotten to Bco and won't see in time to meet :( we miss you so very much 

Karen. LOL even talking to you before 10 hahahaha. 

• bevin
    edited September 2014

Hi JAn- I have swim drop off and pick up duty for my lovely child tomorrow morning. Im normally done by 11 am so the afternoon is free but not the morning. We need to get busy on our walks now that wedding planning and celebrating is done!  let me know if you want to plan.

• janhart
    edited September 2014

Checked in, looks like no early risers for coffee this morning, maybe I'll go back to bed! Have a great week end everyone. .....this weather is beautiful!

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

hope you went back to bed Jan. I was off to farmers market. I bought garlic, potatoes, tomatoes, onions. They were sold out of corn by the time I got to the market. Today I'm making sauce using Karens recipe. started process at 2pm and I'm still putzing in the kitchen.  Maybe this wasn't such a good idea Winking

Oh. Boo bills. 

• bevin
    edited September 2014

Maureen - what farmers market do you go to?

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

I like the market in north tonawanda. Payne and Robinson rd. I believe they open at 7am (can hear karen laughing ) I recommend you get there before 8 to get the freshest fruits and veggies. It's a busy place and you need cash but well worth the trip. We arrived at 930 and had to park 2 blocks away.  Bring bags to carry things. I wish I'd had a wagon or cart too because we needed to make 2 trips with heavy things. 

• janhart
    edited September 2014

I like that market too. We bought twenty bouquets of wild flowers from one of the vendors there to use as center pieces for one of the weddings. You do have to get there early, but you can get coffee and fresh made breakfast sandwiches there.

• Maureen813
    edited September 2014

agree Jan. The flowers were pretty. They had some mums left however my gardening ability has decreased over time so I passed. My sis purchased really nice mums at highway nursery (think that's the name) on tonawanda creek rd. reasonably priced too 

• bevin
    edited October 2014

Now I'm hungry for a breakfast sandwich. I will have to make a trip there and check out the veggies and fruits. I always like freshs flowers too. Do they go straight through fall?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

yes. I think they are open through nov.

FYI. I need to pass on the luncheon on Sunday. Having a scan on Monday and they won't change because of symptoms. 

This weather reeked havoc on my bodyDevil

• bevin
    edited October 2014

There is a luncheon on Sunday.. today or next sunday?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Hi Bev,  yes there is a luncheon the 19th in Batavia. Hope you can go. I can't because of stupid scan 

Spent the 5 hrs at the vet today. Tucker is pretty sick. Only thing we can think is the bee treatment we had last week. He still is not feeling okay. I'm worried

On a positive note. Yay Bills 

• karen333
    edited October 2014

Wasn't it the 19th at 1 in Batavia, that won't won't influence the scan will it Maureen?  Will talk to you tomorrow.