Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited December 2012

Hi all. Must be quiet on the boards. I'm on vacation D's and dd are home and all is right at my house. Picked her up from airport and didn't recognize her. She works out 7 days a week and a great tan. We had lunch with her and girlfriend and son. It was so much fun. We still need to shop and make that turkey dinner and get ready for Christmas. The househas doubled with friends and my car and gas in the car is missing and D's friends are sneaking Christmas cookies. Just like old times. Have a great day

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited December 2012

Ah Maureen, so happy for you, all is right in your world.  Now watch Eye Witness News at 11:00 and as they ask their slogan question, " it's 11 o'clock - do you know where your children are?" you can answer with a resounding YES. love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2012

Maureen, so glad you're enjoying this family time!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited December 2012

HI all,

this time of year is crazy for everyone.  I was so happy to have lunch with Karen, Betty and Maryanne.  Sorry the rest of you were not able to join us.  Okay, I have made about 9-10 different kind of cookies this year and am going crazy and have fun at the same time. Go figure. I want to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

I hope that 2013 will be a better year for me.  I have lost so many people in my life this year and had so many different hurtles to jump, that I would like to wish for a calm New Year.

Hugs to all and have a safe and healty, Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all.

Love Cheryl

• karen333
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you , may you be surrounded with family and may we all be warmed by their love.  As Cheryl said, "I love you all"  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited December 2012

To my wonderful WNY friends:

I couldn't have done this without you.  Have a wonderful Christmas with all of your family and friends, stay safe and celebrate another year.  My friends are the only wonderful thing that came out of this cancer journey, I wouldn't trade any of you dear, dear ladies for anything. 

Love,

Maureen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited December 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAN MY WNY FREINDS AND HAPPY BLESSED, HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!

I Love you all and am very blessed to have gotten to know all of you.

Love BETTY

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas my dear friends.  I wish you all a healthy and happy New Year!

Love,

Bevin

• janhart
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas wishes to some wonderful ladies.

Love, Jan

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2012

Happy Boxing day  Undecided   (yeah little late--story of my life lately) and hope everyone had a peaceful and loving Christmas with family and friends.  I agree Maureen---my firends are the only good to have come out of cancer.  I feel so lessed to have met you all and to have you in my life.  Now on to New Years!! It will be a good one for all of us!!

• karen333
    edited December 2012

Susan - is the thesis finished?, oh how we will celebrate you!!  Let us offer up prayers for the familes in Newtown and the families of the Webster firemen.  As my family celebrated Christmas all safe and sound, happy and healthy together, I thought of their Christmas and their losses.  love you all, Karen 

• Maureen813
    edited December 2012

I agree Karen. So sad to read of all the tragedy. Only peace I have is knowing they spent Christmas with Jesus this year. Doing ok. Needed to get car repaired and ended up driving in this mess to arrive home to my gf and her hubby from NY.

Having dinner and ds arrives home to inform us he slid into a porche Suv. No one hurt and no damage to the truck but suv has torn bumper. Dd left today and beat the bad weather here bit missed the connection in Charlotte so was stuck there for a few hours but home safe and sound. Booking a flight for her birthday. Miss her already. Dh gave me a beautiful curio cabinet and Celtic cross necklace love them all so much. Gotta run to watch the weather channel. I guess they filmed the accident. Did someone say chocolate martinis. Notice the plural.

Love

Maureen

• karen333
    edited December 2012

Maureen, Betty, Cheryl, bevin, Susan, Jan, Kelly, stay safe, this is an unvelieveable amount of snow. DD was in Clarence, fell asleep and drove home in the mess, took her double the time to get home. only to get stuck at the end of our street.  A Policeman gave her a nudge only to get stuck himself.  She knew she couldn't make the driveway so parked in a lot at the other end of our street.  As she was waiting to cross the street, a plow came by and she was up to her chest in that heavy snow. All home, sale and sound, we have so much to give thanks for.  For all those who have to drive today, be oh so careful.  Now we have to unbury our car, thinking no one here is going anywhere today, love you all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited December 2012

Hope your DD is safe and sound now Karen.  What a ton of snow.  WOW!  DD just posted on facebook how beautiful the ocean looks today.  Oh well, fun, fun,  I get to watch this pretty white snow.  DS plowed out neighbor's driveway and she just delivered ham and bacon soup just in time for dinner.  Same neighbor that knit a prayer scarf and brought dinner when I was sick.  What a wonderful lady, so lucky to have such a wonderful neighbor.  Hope my GF and husband get home okay today, they are driving back to NYC today.  Great to see her, known her since 2nd grade.  Planning a trip to their neck of the woods this summer and a visit to Atlantic city as long as we're right there

• karen333
    edited December 2012

Hi all, DD was wet through and through, she took a hot shower, had a chocolate martini, courtesy of nurse mom, and got her warmest jammies on and went to bed, slept from 2:00am til noon.  If anyone has seen the clip of the weatherwoman getting all the snow the plow threw up, she said that is who she looked like.  Ocean and sun sounds wonderful Maureen, we got 12 inches here, it looks pretty as long as you don't have to drive in it.  Hope your friends get back to NYC safely.  love, Karen

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Hi all, leaving to go to a New Years Eve party, but had to wish all you wonderful women, my friends, a Happy New Year to all of you.  May 2013 be a year of love, laughter, health, and peace for all of us and our families, you are the great blessings that came out of this journey of ours.  Betty - give Buster a Happy New Year pet from me.  love, Karen

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Happy New Year dear friends. Wishing you all the best in 2013, especially GOOD HEALTH!

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Happy New Year all!

• heymoose
    edited January 2013

Wishing all my wonderful friends a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to all,

Cheryl

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2013

Happy New Year Ladies, Any one up for lunch?  I am off Jan 12-13, 26-27.  I can't wait to see everyone.

Love Betty

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Was just wondering when we were going to meet this month.  I miss you ladies when I don't see you, either weekend will work for me, remember if we go on Sunday, there is no breakfast menu. love, Karen

• heymoose
    edited January 2013

Hi all,

Lunch sounds good to me, I am open for either weekend. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

12works. Ill keep u posted

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Maureen, 12th is great, you'll get to see the new red head, new hairstyle also!

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Sat the 12th would be good for me too....let's do lunch!

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Hi all, can't wait to see everyone!!  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Ok I'll call for reservations tomorrow..DS joined the armh

• heymoose
    edited January 2013

Lunch sounds great onn the 12th.  Maureen, I hope you are okay with DS joining the army.  I wish your DS and you the best.  How long did he sign up for?

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited January 2013

The 12th works for me as well!! let me know.  Hello and Happy new Year!! Thesis just handed it....woohoo!!! it feels just fantastic!

Susan

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Oh my god Susan, you did it, happy dance coming up, get ready to twirl, but we'll be inconspicuous about it.  HOORAY