Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2013

Celebrate, reservations are made.  I'll send email with info later tonight. 

Happy dance Susan!!

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited January 2013

Dear Susan- so glad you finished your Thesis and I'm so glad I didnt have to write one for my MBA.  We just had a year long project and paper to do for an outside company during our final year... I'll take that any day.!

Everyone- 12th sounds fine for me right now, but life changes daily here. Will try my best as I miss you all!

Maureen- wow- the Army - good for him. Is there servicemen in your family history?

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Hi all, reservation information sent to your personal email address.  Please forward to anyone I may have missed. Or send me a PM and I'll send information.

My DH was in the army, my BIL was in Vietnam.  Still struggling with the whole idea.  He's all over the map with career. I just don't know.

See you all soon

Maureen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2013

See you all Saturday at 1pm.

Love Betty

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited January 2013

See you all Saturday. Susan we will be doing a happy dance for you.

Hugs Cheryl

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited January 2013

Thanks All!! Happy Dance is right!!   Chocolate martinis??Tongue Out

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited January 2013

Definitely!  We are an easy table to serve drinks to, chocolate martinis all around.

• heymoose
    edited January 2013

Hi all,

Lunch was great today. I am sorry you had to wait for me and am really grateful that u called me. I love my lunches with you girls and will hopefully not be late again.

Tanks again for waiting for me.

Love you all, hugs, Cheryl

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2013

I agree, lunch was great and Cheryl, no problem waiting for you. We just got to spend a little bit more time together. Thank you all for your wonderful friendship. Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Great time with my bco friends. Thank you for gifts and great company. Hope Tristan feels better soon. Loved meeting Adain (sp?) What a doll. Loved the watching water and the chocolate martini was Devine!!!! Make time for yourself Jan. Hope dgs keeps up the good work Karen. We'd wait forever for Cheryl hope dh feels better soon. Off to pack for dh and anxiously await Further news with ds. Need to write my year end review. This is my least favorite task.

Love

me

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

For all my teacher friends: I know punctuation and spelling the kindle doesn't follow orders very well n the keyboard is small......boy I sound like my mother :)

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Maureen, the older I get, the more I sound like my mother, I have to watch myself.  It was such a fun time to be together, so glad we were near the water.  Adain had some interesting remarks about where the rushing water met a quieter part, you've got a bright boy there Betty, does he call you Nana?, or are you a Nini too? love to all, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited January 2013

Hello Ladies,

Another wonderful lunch with some truly great people.  Love listening to all of your stories, sharing laughs, and chocloate martinis, of course. Cheryl and Karen-thank you so much for the presents--I love and will cherish them both.  Tristan is better, but our fish finally died.  Poor thing suffered so much, but still miss the little guy.  I know, only a fish, but I get so attached to these pets!! On to hermit crabs I think :)  

Susan

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2013

Hi Ladies, I'm started chemo 1/4... Wondering if there is anyone else around here (Rochester)?? Do you still get together? I am in the Jan 2013 Chemo group and we are spread all over the world, someone mentioned that she wished we all lived in a little village while we were all going through our chemo battle. So I went searching on here and here I am...

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Welcome skigirl, we met on Saturday as a matter of fact and had a grand time, we always have room for more woman to join us.  We meet once a month usually at a Restaurant in Williamsville, which is a suburb of Buffalo.  I am the farthest out our way, I am in Batavia, usually every 6 luncheons or so all the ladies drive down to Batavia, where we eat at Alex's Place, adjacent to the track.  It is a wonderful, warm, knowledgeable group, who would welcome you with open arms.  If you'd like to, you could drive to Batavia and I will drive the rest of the way, the drive is 40 minutes from here.  I am in the 585 area code so if you are a phone person, feel free to PM me and I'll send my phone number.  So glad you reached out, others will be by to welcome you..  Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited January 2013

I live in Charlotte up at the lake so yup The track is about 40 min for me. I will message you my number. So, when is the next lunch?

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Dear skigirl72, it will definitely be in February, and so is dependant on the weather, we got through all of last winter with out missing one month, so are hoping for another mild winter.  Maureen takes the lead in finding out when Betty is off, as she works two jobs, so we work around her weekend schedule, then take into account when the rest of us are free.  As we get closer to 3 weeks out from the last luncheon, people will start clamoring for a luncheon.  It is always on  Saturday, tried a Sunday but it did not work out well.  Do you work weekends?, I see you just started chemo, I didn't but we have women who did and will be able to relate to you on that.  Are you single, you look very young, married, children?  I will be giving you a call, probably tomorrow as I am watching my grand daughter tonight, she came home from school sick, seems like it might be the stomach flu.  I hope it is not, when she gets sick it seems to hit her hard, her brother sails through illnesses.  He is 14, she is 15, but seems like a wee one when she is sick.  Karen

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Hi skigirl 72,

Welcome to our group. As Karen said there is always room for more. I did not have chemo either, but others in our group have and I'm sure they'll be glad to share, give support.

We hve a lot of laughs at our lunch get togethers, but also support each other when we have family issues. We all have children, step children and some even have grandchildren so something is always up. Wishing you well as you continue with chemo. Keep in touch.

Jan

• Skigirl72
    edited January 2013

I am 40 with a 10 yr old son. My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years. I work in the restaurant business, but, I am out until I am comfortable to come back. My surgery was 11/29 and I am just starting to feel normal again. Chemo started 1/4 and the next one is 1/25. I sailed through the first round without too many side effects. Just tired for the first week. I took the meds like the doc told me to so no nausea or anything like that. My hair was down past my bra strap when I was diagnosed. I cut it to the picture a few days after christmas and now its a pixie cut. My scalp has been tingling and I am always looking at my hands after I wash my hair to see if any came out yet. I guess I want it to happen already so I can just start living with it. Well, I am looking forward to meeting all of you. How many come to lunch??

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Welcome skigirl. Assuming you like to ski? Sorry you have to have chemo. Its tough losing your hair. For me that was hard. I got over it and had multiple cuts n Colors. My advice....do what the doc tells you to do when it comes to chemo they know what they're doing. AC was the most challenging everything else is uphill. My hair started to grow back on Taxol and I returned to work at the end of ac..radiation was fine too. Drank shakes with protein and the steroids are wonderful. For me day 4 I slept a lot. Lunch usually 5 to 7 people depending om schedule. Age group varies but a fun group indeed..be careful in public the flu is really nasty this year. My nephew has been sick since Christmas eve and now has pneumonia. My sister has it too so I won't be visiting anytime soon.

Hope everyone is healthy. I'm missing kids tonight. House is too quiet...and clean lol. Gotta run

Love me

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Hi Ladies, we had lunch on Saturday and I've been sick since Sunday.....caught it from my DH. Just hoping no one else is sick. Not the flu, just a bad, bad cold. I haven't been out of the house since our lunch. I've been so congested it's been hard to sleep. I thought maybe I'd go to yoga this morning, but just couldn't get the body moving. I'm hoping by tomorrow I can get out of the house a bit. But I do think the best is to stay away from others so it's not passed on......so I'm really, really hoping no one caught this cold from me. Wash your hands and stay well! Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Hi all, my family has been sick since Tues. with roiling stomach aches, headaches and profound fatigue.  The grandchildren kicked it in a day, but Susan and I are like the walking wounded, sleeping an enormous number of hours each day.  We both have headaches and are taking ibuprofen for that but the fatigue is what is keeping us down.  I hope that everyone else is well and that this is the first and last episode of whatever this is. love to all, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited January 2013

HI everyone,  I miss you all. Hopefully Maureen explained my abscence these months.  It's been a very difficult time for our family. Saying a lot of prayers.

Welcome Skigirl.   These ladies are fantastic, you found a great village!

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Dear bevin, we miss you, you and your family are in our prayers, your plate is indeed full to overflowing.  We will welcome you back with open arms when you are back.  love, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited January 2013

Hi All,

Ski-Welcome to our group.  Hope you can make one of our lunches sometime.  This is a wonderful bunch of ladies.  Hope chemo treats you well.

Jan-So sorry that you are so sick.  I have not been sick, except for may be a half day of feeling a little queasy and off. 

My husband has had what Karen described--intense fatigue, rolling stomach aches etc.  We are thinking it was what Tristan had last weekend (typcial stomach flu symptoms) but maybe in adults it expresses itself differently.  Hope you shake off that fatigue soon, Karen.

Bevin-We miss you, but completely understand.  Please feel free to come back whenever you are able.  We are always thinking of you.

Susan

• heymoose
    edited January 2013

Hi Skigirl72, So happy you found us.  We love our lunchs and the Chocolate Martinis.  We celebrate w/ Chocolate Martinis whether we need to or not.  They are such a treat.  I am from Greece and will be in town 2/3-2/5.  I will be staying w/ my Mom and she lives in Irondequoit off of Rock Beach.  It would be great to get together if you are feeling up to it.  I will send you a pm.

Bevin, miss u and sending prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Karen and Jan, I hope you feel better soon. Susan, i hope your DH is on the mend.

Maureen and Betty, stay healthy.

Hugs, Cheryl

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Feeling so much better today. Finally went out...had a hair appt. Karen, hope you are feeling better too. Bevin, miss you and hoping you can join us soon. Take care all and stay warm!

Jan

• Skigirl72
    edited January 2013

Hi all, Thank you for the phone call Karen. I will call you back. I have managed to loose my voice somehow. My DH is sick so maybe from him. I would like to try to come to the next lunch so I will keep checking in here...

I ordered my wig today. it's cute. I will try to post a picture later. Not sure how often I will wear it. What about all of you? Did or do you wear your wigs alot?

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Hi all, my DD and I are both down for the count today, aches and pains, sooo tired and nausea, had to drop the car off at the garage and we were the blind leading the blind!  Skigirl, see that, no voice, you fit right in with the sick crowd.  DD is definitely sicker, and I got the flu shot, this wasn't supposed to happen.  The only one to escape at my house is DGS, he is playing in a basketball tournament tonight.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2013

Hi sorry everyone is so sick. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Ski I word my wigs all the time. They are great for self confidence. I used to make my kids laugh by saying let me fix my hair them popping up my wig to them rearranging.