Western New York Area

Comments

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2013

I can also go to Batavia for lunch. I really liked the menu at Alex's.

I don't know how I forgot the October storm......horrible, horrible. We lost a lot of trees in our front yard. The clean up took weeks.

Dreaming of summer.....

Jan

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2013

I am able to drive to Williamsville or Batavia. Whichever is fine with me. I'm the new girl so keep it like you always do... LOL It looks like if I take the thruway I should only be an hour. And I've been known to use speed limit signs as suggestions...

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited January 2013

Hi Ladies, could I ask for prayers for my friend in N.C., we have been friends since 1970.  She was just diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver, full blown,  It is a type of fatty liver disease that strikes non-drinkers.  She is being sent to Duke for consult and to get on the liver transplant list.  She is very dear to me, her husband died 5 years ago from complications due to diabetes, so she is facing this alone.  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2013

Prayers to you Karen. Waiting to hear from Cheryl n Bev then I'll. Let everyone know by pm. Beautiful day today. Same temp as Florida this am. Tomorrow is a different story. Stay safe

Maureen

• karen333
    edited January 2013

Thank you Maureen, we kept saying no news was good news till yesterday when they asked her to come in to see the Dr.  I was not expecting this, neither was she, you met Sherry the first time I met you at the Blue Indigo, she had come up to spend the week with friends in the WNY area.   You be oh so careful going to work, same goes for all the working girls who have to be on the roads tomorrow.  love, Karen

• janhart
    edited January 2013

Karen, prayers for your friend......Jan

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Yes Karen I remember your friend.  Wonderful lady who put me and my bald head at ease during our first meeting.  Loved her smile and wonderful personality.  The crap we go through in life is crazy.  Many prayers her way.  Please send my regards. If I remember correctly, she had lupus too?  It was chemo brain (still is LOL) at the time so anything is possible.  I remember you with the electronic cig too!!  Love your hair color more now. 

Ladies, need a prayer for DD, she's in a pretty bad way.  I'll explain when I see you, not something I want to put in writing.  Crazy times at my house, DS leaving, DD struggling, DH seems to withdraw from this and I'm so friggin busy at work, I don't know what to do first. The stress of work is starting to get to me, but I'll tell you more at lunch.  Late Feb, in Batavia?  we can try,

Karen, do you want to call Alex's and make reservations? or me?  Let me know. One thing for sure, I'll make sure I have a full tank, the GPS and pay attention to the exit so I don't miss and drive to Rochester again.  Betty, you make sure you do the same ok?

Love,

Me

• karen333
    edited February 2013

Dear Maureen, yes, she does have lupus, it's been in remission for over 15 years, not bad for chemo brain, lol. Sending prayers your way for DD, it's so hard to see our own suffering, and for you as you handle this stressful time.  What date did we pick in February?, how many of us and I will call and ask for the round table again.  Remember - not 48A, but the next one 48.  Go straight through the signal, the first left is only about 50 feet, there is a turn left lane, Alex's is straight ahead on your right.  Thank you all for your prayers, I will be talking to Sherry on Friday and will have more details about Duke consult.  love, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2013

Dear Karenn- sending prayers of strength and healing for your friend.

What date for lunch- I'd like to plan on it - but as you know my plans are subject to change frequently :(

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2013

Hello All,  where is everyone?  Karen how is your friend?  Praying for her.  Nothing new her just working and enjoying my grandchildren.  Oh I am going to see JonJovi the day after lunch.  I love him. Can't wait to see everyone on the 23d.

Love Betty

• karen333
    edited February 2013

Hi all, thank you everyone for your prayers and support for my friend Sherry.  Spoke with her on Saturday, she also has Lupus, and when she was first diagnosed she lived in fear of that being a death sentence, she has been in remission for 15 years.  She said she is fighting the same feelings now, her gastroenterologist will be making the app't. with the doctor at Duke.  She is the top ranking doctor, specializing in fatty liver cirrhosis, from there she will place Sherry on the transplant list as she sees the condition of the liver.  It was a very emotional call, when you hear tears,, you want to hug.  They have her on a very stringent diet, even to limiting the amount of liquid she consumes each day, as it is not filtering through the liver correctly.  Will have more news by the 23rd, cannot wait to see everyone and to meet Skigirl, lunch is at 1:00.  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Prayers to you friend Karen

so hard to see someone suffer.

• janhart
    edited February 2013

Hi Ladies,

It's been quiet around here....I hope everyone is well. Sitting up listening to the reports on this upcoming storm ......glad I don't live in Boston. I think my mother was annoyed when I called her last night to tell I wouldnt be coming to see her this week because I was concerned about the weather. The guilt kicks in, but I just wasn't up to it and I was concerned about the weather.

Karen, how is your friend doing? Skigirl, will be nice to meet you. Maureen, remembering you and your family in my prayers. I sure do know when a child is suffering, I think moms suffer ten times as much. Hope things are settling down for you. Bevin, Cheryl, Susan, Betty hope you and your families are well. Will be great go see you all soon. Take care tomorrow if this storm hits us.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Hi all. First hope everyone stays safe in this storm. Dh is off to Boston on Sunday so I hope the storm is over or he wont be able to goer a flight. Either way works for me. Right now waiting for dd to fly in from Tampa. She arrives at 11am. Hoping for the best and she comes in under the wire. Forced vacant this week and dd home ...my life is good. I have ten weeks of vacation I need to take this year. Not sure how I'm going to do that and get my work done. I know bad weather is coming. My cat is pacing and acting weird so its the weather or she found catnip hahahaha. Ill keep you posted on dd flight status today. My plan is to drive to sister's house if it starts to get too bad cause she's close to airport. Seriously thinking of leaving now but its a straight shot up transit. Got hair cut last night while having a glass of wine and reading kindle during dye job. That is the kind of day I had at work. I don't like wine but they didn't have chocolate martinis. Hope the new girl likes martinis since we have one per month. Miss my bco friends. We are too quiet.

Love

maureen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Apologize for typing errors. Need better bifocals or larger keyboard on a kindle. Love this thing really. Joining the e library so I can rent books for free too. Love mysteries and government corruption stories and watching movies while on the treadmill but that's not happening very often lately. I need motivation to get back on track.

Cat is going nuts cause a deer is on the front lawn. She thinks she can take on a deer? Weird cat. Nice to wake up and not rush around.

• karen333
    edited February 2013

Dear all, in memory of our  lovely Esther who we lost a year ago today, lost too soon, too fast.  We are all her living memory, as long as we carry her in our hearts, she is with us still.  Esther is dearly missed, her smile, her kindness, her bubbly spirit.  It feels like we are not complete without her.              Please be careful driving, all those who must be on the road today.  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

I'll bet it's our Ester pushing the storm farther east from up above. She knows all too well our opinion of snow and we've had enough for this season. I hope Boston fares well.

Dear Ester

Here's to you dear friend. I'm toasting you with my chocolate martini. I know you are happy watching over Mike's shoulder and keeping him safe..enjoy eternity; peace and good health. I miss you.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited February 2013

Hi all, I talked with Sherry today, she is not feeling well at all and is tired all the time.  The referral was made to Dr.Diehl at Duke, Sherry is waiting for Duke to contact her re. appointment.  She sent me two pictures of her at work, she looks exhausted and her coloring is bad, I was shocked when I opened up the e mail, continuing prayers please ladies.  Jan, when you made the comment about mothers suffering over the suffering of their children, I was reminded of my godmother who said a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child, so true. love, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2013

Dear Karen- sending prayers to your friend Sherry.  Hoping that God has mercy on her and finds her and a new liver is found quickly.

• Skigirl72
    edited February 2013

Praying for your friend Karen...

I hope everyone is doing well during through this storm. I am up by the lake and we have 16in on the ground. Thank god for  snow blowers!

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Hi all

Karen praying for sherry will keep her in prayers

Ummmm still snowing probably close to Dennie amount. Crape :(

Dd home ok from fl. Sailed right through early by 30 min. Couldn't ask for more than that. House more like I'm used to....loud full of people

M

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Sorry Debbie. Damnable kindle

• Skigirl72
    edited February 2013

lol I hate typing on my kindle too... Its stopped snowing about an hour ago. Good storm. Better when I dont have to shovel...

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Àgreed

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited February 2013

Hello All,

Made it through the storm, and all the snow is melting!  Karen-many, many prayers for your friend.  Hope she gets the liver/help that she needs.  Looking forward to our lunch and sharing another chocolate martini with my lovely friends.  Busy busy week ahead--DS has biography presentation that is causing me more stress than him (he needs to memorize it!).  Volunteered for Valentines party in his classroom.  I am in charge of a game, so I chose a storytelling game.  I can only hope it will work :/.  Well, hope it will at least be fun for the kids. Take care and see you all soon.

Susan

• Skigirl72
    edited February 2013

I head back to work this week I am a bartender at a sports bar. I am such a gremaphobe now that that is giving me anxiety. I don't want to catch a cold during chemo. UGH! I am looking forward to meeting all of you on the 23rd. Alex's in Batavia? 8322 Park Road?

• karen333
    edited February 2013

Dear Skigirl, that's the place, when you get off the Thruway, go straight through the traffic Signal ahead of you,  The first left is marked with a left hand turning lane, this is Park Place, take that left onto Park Place,  About 1/8 mi on the right is first the parking place for Alex's then the restaurant itself, we will be to your left as you walk in - they wait for the full party to be seated.  Wash, wash, wash your hands, you definitely don't want the flu/virus now, I have heard it is on the downside having already peaked in N.Y.S.  If you get there first the reservation is for 8 in my name. See you then, Karen      Thank you everyone for your continued prayers for Sherry, she is waiting for her appointment at Duke, I hope it is soon.

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Hi all

Deb be good to yourself tonight and take it easy. Hope you are almost done with the a/c. Its all uphill from there. Be careful with the wig and the wind they don't mix and the wig blowing away can be embarrassing. Get a good night's rest too. You will be tired. I still tend to forget things too. I blame it on chemo kinds like the extra weight I blame on pregnancy. Btw my kids are 23 and 20 but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bad news ...I have a birthday party I'm suppose to go to on the day of our luncheon. I'm trying to get out of it but dh is getting pissed. Ill keep you posted.

On vacation enjoying dd and ds this week. We went to onc appt then to lunch then to walgens them we all came home for a nap

What a wonderful day. Ii wish I'd win the lottery and be a lady of leisure. Anyway woke to a very noisy furnace ...it clinks when I turn it on. So he's checking it out tomorrow. Good thing I'm on vacation so I can get it taken care of.

One last thought; has anyone noticed they name winter storms now? Nemo? Really? That's a fish not a storm. It should've been named storm nasty vs a fish lol. The new storm is orko? These guys need to understand winter storms and get creative.

Take care I'll keep you posted on situation.

Love

Maureen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited February 2013

Yes, I was a bit puzzled Maureen about the name Nemo!  I noticed someone made a Nemo sculpture out of snow, which I felt was a bit strange.  Either they are running out of names, or someone has a wild and weird imagination!  My husband couldn't understand my disbelief!  Sometimes I just don't know :)  Hope you can make it to lunch, Maureen!  Maybe arrive to the party a little later?? We need to share our chocolate martinis!!

• Maureen813
    edited February 2013

Yes I want my chocolate Martini too and celebrate good blood work that I'm going to receive news in a few days I hope ;)

Waiting for the furnace repairman. Not too worried because the furnace and a/c are relatively new.

So last night ds shows up at midnight with a heart shaped birthday cake for dd birthday. So cute. One of those moments when you realize you did something right when you raised your children. It was such a touching moment. They are grown and wonderful young people who will make a difference in the world. Getting teary eyed again. Could be happiness or just lack of sleep. Lol

Deb. How was your first night back to work?

Karen. Any news?

Jan Cheryl Bev Betty Susan hope all is well

Love

Maureen