Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Implant Exchange (oYo) ~ Anyone go/stay SMALL?? (B cup)

Options

Comments

• SusansGarden
    SusansGarden Member Posts: 754
    edited March 2011
    Options

Welcome FluffQueen & Val!

Val~ Megan pointed you to some great threads...it does sound like your PS is talking about restrictions for "one step" reconstruction.

FluffQueen~ Glad to hear you are recovering well!  I am currently done with my fills and will have the exchange next month and have some male co-workers that joke "You sure you don't want to do one more fill?" ;)

Megan ~ I know what you mean about being open about BC, and then sometimes just not wanting to get into it with an aquaintance.  My neighbor saw me at Step Class before my arm restrictions were lifted and asked why I wasn't doing the arm weights (was I injured) and I told her about the BC ~ she felt so bad that she didn't know...but really... how on earth would she have known? It's not like we tie pink ballons or a hang a flag on our house that says New BC Member!!

SueB~ Hey, congrats on getting exercise restrictions lifted!!! Your incision is looking better?? :) 

• SuebeeBC
    SuebeeBC Member Posts: 545
    edited March 2011
    Options

LOL!!! Pink ribbon flag outside that says "Its a FOOB"...or "Its a new 'girl'!!"  Now THAT is a crack up!

Susan the incision is better but not 100%.  I can exercise but have to wait 10 days for a fill JUST IN CASE.  At this point, our celebratory girls weekend has been moved enough....I take whatever date anymore.  My BFF can handle it.  LOL.

• PeregrineEllie
    PeregrineEllie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Options

I'm going to go from an "almost A" to a B cup. For me this is going to be big! Though to most it would be small *grin*

• SusansGarden
    edited March 2011
    Options

"It's a FOOB!!!" ~ You just made me spit out my coffee, Sue!!!  Hmmmm...maybe someone should throw me a "baby shower" for my impending "twin girls"! Tongue out

And good to hear the inscision is on it's way to healing for good.... I'm sure you must be a little gun shy though! 

Ellie ~ Welcome to the B club! Kiss 

• fire-dancer
    fire-dancer Member Posts: 444
    edited March 2011
    Options

sooooo hilarious - "It's a Foob!!!"  hahaha!!!!!!!!!

seriously, imagine if we got a shower for the twins?  Victoria's Secret registry & everything!!!

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Oh see?  There is just no one else I can crack jokes like THAT with but you guys!!!!  V.S. registry....ah ha ha ha!

Ellie - definitely welcome!  Hang around a while - this is a fun board to be!

Susan - spit it out - much better than coffee out the nose!  ha ha ha!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited March 2011
    Options

In December I visited another bc gal right after my 4th treatment. We were being treated at the same place. Anyway I went to pick up a balloon to cheer her up. The had things like "get well soon" and "have a nice day." Very in appropriate for a gal in stage IV. I brought her a balloon that said "It's a girl". I think she got a chuckle out of that. Not sure what people thought when they came into the her room.

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

I thought of telling my hub your joke, Sue - and I still probably will, but it will never quite get the same laughter as here!!! 

...he actually snickers a bit at the word "foob"... Tongue out  ...thinks it's a "good one"!

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Lago and everyone - now I want "its a girl" balloons at my house when I have my exchange surgery!!! Oh Im so glad they didnt remove my sense of humor with my right one.

Megan - yeah I find when I retell stuff it never has the same impact to my DH!

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

Lago - love the "it's a girl"!!!

you ladies make me laugh so hard!!! ...this is a great pace to hang around...imagine if we were actually in the same room, maybe with a little vino?!?!? ...all hell could break loose Wink

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Better yet - whipped cream vodka!!!  Have you tried that?  My BFF took me out for my birthday and the bartender introduced us to it.  We got in SO MUCH TROUBLE that night...LOL...

Hmmm, maybe we should figure out how we can have a little get together! Laughing

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sue - I've seen that before - haven't tried it...I bet trouble could follow such a treat! ;-) the hub and I rewarded a crazy week with a  martini & a good dinner tonight, a week from now I will be probably all a-panic about surgery! 

...we are having a babysitter come on over tomorrow night for the first time in a while and will do "happy hour" with some friends and a get-together here after...my hub's bday is my exchange day, a week from monday, so this is his 36th bday pty...better than mine this year, it was my 37th the day of the BMX...I joke with my hub how I endured THAT surgery for my birthday and he gets some "new girls" for his! 

...and yes - the idea of meeting in-person would be a really great thing!!!

• Jainey
    Jainey Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies! I just love this thread .. hope it is OK to join in ... My PS et al have told me that the implants have about a 20 year life span (I am getting the Mentors) that is the word 'on the street' in this neck of the woods anyhow ... by that time I will be 74 and may just go without ... It all seems to sound good to me. 

• lago
    edited March 2011
    Options

Jainey my mom is 73. By the time you are 74 I bet you will replace them. Wink

74 sounds old until you get there yourself.

• SusansGarden
    edited March 2011
    Options

Whipped cream vodka?! I will have to find that somewhere! That sure would be a treat to be able to all meet up someday!

Megan ~ glad you are getting out with your hubby! Take your mind off the surgery! I'm going to an auction tonight with my hubby and there will be dancing! I will definitely be shaking my booty ...but my TE's will be firmly in place! ;)

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sounds like you guys have some really fun plans!!!

The vodka is by Pinnacle.....do a google search and you can see what it looks like.  I drink it straight but it makes a nice cosmo too.

Today is my DH's birthday.  We went bike shopping today and found a couple of great road bikes!  My son's birthday is later this month but it usually falls on spring break so we are having his party at the bowling alley in a couple of hours.  Not exactly shaking my booty but after a day of testriding bikes in this wind, I am SO POOPED!!!

• aspencalvin
    aspencalvin Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hey, thanks to everyone who suggested different threads.  They were exactly what I was looking for!  You guys are great!

Val

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited March 2011
    Options

I think after getting through my chemo and herceptin (I am her2+ so have to do it) to celebrate the one year anniversary, I am going to organize a girls weekend shower themed "It's Twin
    Girls!" We will do some spa stuff and maybe have a sexy lingerie white elephant exchange!

The good news is I have never liked sexy bras as my skin is sensitive and they drive me crazy. I figure now I won't be able to feel that and I should be good to go!

• lago
    edited March 2011
    Options

fluffqueen, gee I never thought of that. My skin could never handle all that lace stuff either. I've been cutting all the tags out of my clothes for years because of irritation… but I have been enjoying going braless.

• ArleneMarie
    ArleneMarie Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hi ladies,

Four days out I was so excited to go and gt fitted at Nordstrom's while I was up here in Philadelphia since we don't have one anywhere close by in SC.  The only thing is that I have a big "X" of tape on my forehead and my eyelids are still healing from the eye lift...but I did not care.  Even with the stitches uder the new boobs, my Nordstrom sales girl measured me and I was a 34B.  Yeah!  That is what I wanted to be.  I was beginning to like my cleavage from the TEs but I lost it when the implants went in.  Oh well, I figure, over time, they will be more fluid and I can buy a push up bra.  Sooooo I bought my very first "big girl" bra at 47 AND bought my husband a cute little nightie for putting up with this for the past three months :)  Tomorrow I am back to get the stithes taken out in my eyes and maybe under the boobs.  we shall see :)

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Arlene - "Big Girl Bra" I love it!!!  A 34B would really do it for me too.  I think my daughter who is 13 is bigger than me now.  Thats sad to say!  I cant wait to post that I went and got fitted!!!

Lago and fluff - I never thought about the lace....I cut tags too.  Ill have to get some cute things for DH...LOL.

I was in Khols the other day looking at sports bras...there are a lot more cute choices for the smaller girls than the bigger ones.  But I was so lost in there I ended up with nothing.

• SusansGarden
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sue ~ Testriding bikes in the wind and bowling...sounds like you got a workout in! I haven't been bowling yet since surgery....did it bother your arm/pecs at all to bowl? ~ and I'm excited to buy some cute sports bras too!

Fluffqueen ~ I've seen other ladies on the board talk about throwing an anniversary party for their girls too!  :)

... and that's a good point about the lace!  I've never really liked lacy bras because of it being irritating to my skin too! Though I do still have feeling on the inside halves of my breasts..so maybe it would still bother me?

Arlene ~ Congrats on your big girl bra! lol! Too funny that you were so excited to get fitted at Nordstrom that you didn't care about the eye stitches,etc!  ....now you said you "bought your husband a cute little nightie" .... Great idea!! ...but I hope it's for YOU to wear.. and not him! Wink 

Hope you get your stitches out today!! 

• SuebeeBC
    edited March 2011
    Options

Susan - no, no bowling for me.  Just the 8 little boys and my daughter....but wrangling them, passing out pizza, cake and ice cream was enough!  Oh an fetching a beer or two ;-)  My legs were SO ACHY at night I had to take tylenol PM to get to sleep!   My bike should be in by Friday so on Saturday I can go get 'fitted' and Sunday it looks like 60 degree weather so we will be OFF!!

Went back to Khols - no sports bra but new fitness wear so I can go to Zumba tomorrow! 

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies!

Hope you all had a great wknd!

Susan - how was the auction? hope you did some serious shakin'?! Wink

Sue - hope the bowling party was a success - I haven't been bowling for fear of wacky pec's, too! How'd it go?

FluffQueen - yes, I guess because we can't feel the lace, I can go and buys some fancy stuff!  I was always limited anyway because I always wore a semi-padded bra, so even if it had detail, it was so thick it wasn't "lacy" or sheer & sexy! 

Arlene - yay for you!  I am verrry excited to go for my 1st fitting at Nordstrom's - kind of seems like a 'rite of passage' after exchange to have the ladies there size you!  How are your eyes feeling?

I have bought nothing in the bra dept throughout this whole thing, except for a few walmart sports bras, those were definitley NOT exciting!  I look forward to the different options after this is all done!

The wknd was good - except for a small stomach bug that got me, although I was fine about it because better this wknd than next wknd - I would seriously go ballistic if something happened to mess with my exchange date!!! I stopped all advil, vitamins this wknd, etc - one week from right now I'll be getting prepped for surgery - arrrgggh! ...so excited and nervous!

• SusansGarden
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sue ~ Yeah! on being able to go back to Zumba ~ and in new fitness wear to boot!!

Megan ~ the auction was fun and I did dance my booty off! Tongue out  It was mostly ladies out there dancing away, it could have been a Zumba class! lol!  My legs are pretty sore today so I know I got a good workout! 

I can't believe you are only one week away!!!!  ..and I agree...better to get the stomach bug out of the way!!! I had a slight temp (99.9) the day of my BMX and my BS was thisclose to cancelling the surgery!! I was in tears!!  She agreed to do a urinalysis to rule out infection..and I ended up getting the green light.  I remember that being my biggest fear...getting sick and having to postpone the surgery!   

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

Susan - it was so nervewracking last time because I was so worried every sniffle meant no surgery leading up to BMX.  Now I am stressing about it again, I am feeling better but am sort of becoming a 'homebody' this week for fear of catching something...geesh, I sound like such a worry wart, but if anyone would understand you guys would :-)

I am starting to get into preparation mode, again, it reminds me of being pregnant and right before the baby is due - gotta clean, cook extra food & freeze it, make sure the laundry is caught up...you know what I'm talkin' about!

• SusansGarden
    edited March 2011
    Options

I totally understand!!  I have to remember all the arm restriction stuff again!  I remember it hurting to even pull up my pants! :( ... They say it won't be as "sore" this time...I hope so!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,515
    edited March 2011
    Options

I never wore lacey bras....and since bilat, haven't worn a bra except when directed to by PS....even though there is "no feeling", I am still sensitive on what is against my chest...I wear cotton or soft nylon cami's...I like the ones with the wider straps....no cleavage here...never did...but I don't wear anything low cut...haven't for years.....but its weird,sometimes I get this feeling like my bra is bothering me on the underside of my "boobs"...very weird.....

• fire-dancer
    edited March 2011
    Options

geesh, yes - the pants-thing!  I was stunned at how difficult that was!  ...and yes, I heard this time should be easier, probably depends on how much pocket work I get, but I'm optimistic when compared to the BMX, this will feel a whole lot better as far as recovery...I just hope to not feel like a complete wreck after anesthesia.  I felt like a nightmare post-bmx.  My surgery is scheduled for 2:30, which means they will be running late and I'll probably be way behind schedule, could be pretty late by the time I get out of recovery...driving the 1 1/2 hours home after should be a real treat Undecided

On another note I have noticed that my skin has 'adapted' pretty well to the expansion.  I used to feel tight as a drum across these coconuts, now I am noticing a tad bit of 'give' if I push on them a bit, the TE's are definitley not as tight as they were a few weeks back.  I am hopeful this means my skin is ready and will react to exchange well...

• Cameron
    Cameron Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2011
    Options

firedancer, I read upthread you stopped taking vitamins in preparing for surgery. I was wondering if this is what everyone does?

I kept taking some of my vitamins, thinking vit. C would help me from catching anything going around. I did stop taking my yummy gummy vitamins, because they have vit.E which is to be avoided to help healing process, according to my PS.