Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stitching the pieces together

Options

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2011
    Options

We could do a Round Robin!!! Someone starts a quilt and sends it on to the next person who adds a block or strip to it and then passes it on. We could all start one and send it to the next person in the list. In the package you have a story describing what wall quilt you are trying to depict so that the receiver knows what to add. You can have special material and embellishments in the box too!!!

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2011
    Options

Oh, I want to join this group too.  I have made a couple of small lap type quilts, but mostly I crochet, needlepoint, make a few crazy quilt blocks, and collect fabric and yarn.  A round robin does sound fun, though.

Becky

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2011
    Options
    beccad - Welcome to our group.  Please post some of your project pictures. 
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited January 2011
    Options

That is a cool idea!  What are the size perameters?  Lets work on getting this going.  I am in!  We might want to put a start date out there a ways and wait for the thread to get going a few days Wink.

Welcome, Becky. You'll fit right in if you collect anything crafty.  the question is, can you get your closet doors shut?

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

Can't believe we just started this thread and we are already on page 2 - WOO HOO!  Let's keep it going.

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

I hadn't noticed, but obviously this thread is filling a void.

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

That is a really good thing - Meece you are so smart to come up with this idea.

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

I have been wanting to do it for some time, and the fear of taking over someone's thread just pushed me this way.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2011
    Options

Whoooohooooo..........

Where have I been???

I don't quilt anything like a full size quilt.

I quilt very small pieces & clothing pieces.

Here's a vest:

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

Yes, Faithie, where have you been?  This thread has been going for all of 19 hours and you took this long to make your first post!!!

You also do other quilting we'd like to see here. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Closet of fabric? I have a ROOM of fabric. I used to own a quilt store! CryEmbarassed
  • Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

Well I have a sewing room, but I try to hide, uh I mean store all my fabric in the closet.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2011
    Options

I just went looking for a picture of the back of the vest.

Searched everywhere.

LOL.

I just should have gone & taken a picture.

Here I'm wearing my pink "Survivor" sash from the ACS's Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. I was presenting at 'home' and they are all aware of my status:

***I picked up my first Lymphedema sleeve on the way home from this presentation. That's the last time my arm has been 'visible' since getting my sleeve.

[Ooops, I realize that Jo just said the thread was free of BC related nonsense.]

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

That's okay, we are not focusing on your arm, just the lovely polka dot vest!

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

Faith - Thanks for joining us - the vest is beautiful.  I don't have any luck doing projects like that.  I will stick with the full size quilts.

I have my own sewing room and I also hide all the fabrics in the closet.  Can't resist buying a piece or two even if I don't need it.  You never know when it will come in handy.

Here is another one of my favorite quilts.

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hi everyone.... just found this thread. It takes me so long just to read thru all the posts to see that you started it Meece. LOL.

I use cotton wrapped polyester on the machine when I want to quilt a baby quilt. I did some hand quilted pieces for some of my nieces and nephews but the Mom's would hang them on the wall instead of giving them to the babies. So, I decided I would just machine quilt them and make sure the babies used them!

I have also worked in a quilt shop.... dangerous business! Always spent my money there! I have made both mini's up to kings. Would love to share pic's but still haven't figured that out yet.

I'm trying to knit some scarves for the DD that had to move up north and isn't used to the cold weather. Used to knit sweaters but don't need them in S. FL.

Meece what do you plan to border the frog quilt with?

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options
    samsue - So glad you found us.  Hope you share some of your quilt pics with us.  Someone can PM you how to post pics.  
  • sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hi Girls

I'M just peeping since I don't have this type of talent.

Congratulations Meece.

((jo))

Smile

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I hope someone can teach me...it's frustrating not being able to at least post something. Embarassed 
  • jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

Sheila - Don't go away - hang out with us.  You post some of the neatest pics.

samsue - I will try and write out the instructions first and then send them to you.  I post without thinking about how to do it and I want to make sure I send the instructions correctly. 

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

Not sure what I will bind the frog cabin with I made the quilt for my son Matt, who is in the military.  I have had it under construction for 8 years!  The condition which shall not be mentioned, side tracked me, and then he left for the AF and has been in for 5 1/2 years.  I am hoping to complete it and take it to him when I see him in 3 weeks, haven't seen him in 20 months.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2011
    Options

umm, mine started out as a craft closet,with a day bed in the room for guests, now it is a craft room where we use a blow up mattress on the floor if they want to stay overnight.  Oh I forgot add needle tatting to my list of crafty things, also a novice shuttle tatter.  I can make really pretty knots with a tatting shuttle and thread.

Becky 

I wii try to post some pics later today. 

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

Becky - Please share some of your handiwork with photos.

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

My sewing room used to have a day bed in it, too.  I moved that about 6 months ago.  I am looking into building a wall of shelves to store fabric.  The day bed in in another room, but the blow up mattress is at the top of the closet.

I do crochet afghans  and would love to make doilies, but my mother is an avid doily crocheter so I have all I could ever want.  In fact i am going to try to incorporate some into a quilt.  My DIL had me get the tatting shuttle, and a book on tatting, and she was going to teach me how, but I haven't even opend it yet.

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

I was getting myself set up to start basting the quilt top and looked around the room - what a mess!  I haven't been in there for a few days and it looks like I need to straighten up first.  Bought a few more pieces of fabric and have not put them away yet.  It is time to do a re sort and get things back in order. Get that chore done and then on to basting.  Sounds like a relaxing Sat for me ahead.

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

I also need to straighten the sewing room, too.  Right now I am using part of it to orgainize my filing, specifically my health care reciepts.  Trying to get things into banker's boxes so they can be put away elsewhere, but I can find something if I need to.

• jo1955
    edited January 2011
    Options

Meece - I have so many health care receipts now it makes my head spin.  I have never seen so many.  I usually have a couple a year for routine things.  I had to add folders for all this BC stuff.

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

This year I made an effort to get copies of all my medical records from all my doctors.  I am now trying to incorporate them into one chronological file.

I am trying to de-clutter with a goal of getting rid of 50 items a month.  I consider anything other than trash as one of my items. Like I got rid of a pair of boots that had the toes so scuffed I'd never wear again, etc. I am going through the sewing room looking for things to toss.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited January 2011
    Options

I have a file cabinet because I like to be organized.

I used to keep everything for 2 years.

Now i went down the last 4 months.

Important papers are kept indefinitely.

I might not have the cleanest house but its organized. I hate clutter

• Meece
    edited January 2011
    Options

I have a filing cabinet as well, but our medical files won't fit.  I am working on it.  I was self employed for 17 years, so I have to keep all the business stuff for 10 years.  Only 3 more years and I can toss all but the most important stuff.