Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

Options

Comments

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited May 2017
    Options

Twirp - Yes, into the fire with the source of those stupid comments!

ducky - Thanks for your wise words, as always.

Nothing additional for the fire today, just a little accelerant to fan the flames.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited May 2017
    Options

Let it burn!!!!!!!

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited May 2017
    Options

so.... being sick in the way that we are ....i have learned that life is so precious, why would you spend even a minute of it on something that will never bring any joy, thats so sad...we all have every right to surround ourselves with what inspires us and allows us to love......the fire can have the rest!!!....keep shining bright!!(in all those flames)

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2017
    Options

Mommy ..re your mum , we can only do what we can do , and only so many hours in a day ..and it sounds like you already have things that need doing . I think lots of people have " boxes that need to be ticked " to either make themselves feel happy , or so they can tell their friends ( of worse still , face book ) that " " yep , I'm definitely a good mum ..see here's a photo . They all visited me on the day "

We are spending Mother's Day with my two daughters and Hubby's parents ..My son was so apologetic because they have to head in the opposite direction this year to a gathering of his wife's clan ..I said to him not to be silly ..Mother's Day is just a day , and they are a part of two families now ..and you can't be everywhere..

I can understand you wanting to be with your fur babies as well ..and your Hubby's stinky boss is definitely going into the fire !

Ducky ..BaHaHa ..you always make me laugh ..but such wise words as well ..yes ..all those kids of yours didn't ask to be born ..it was YOUR idea .😃 I think lots of Mums ( including me sometimes 😱 ) forget that !

Hugs to everyone.

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks Lucy!! My mom knows that even though I may not see her on special days like Mother's Day, I do call her. mom even tried to play that "I'm such a good Mom at my wedding!" My sister confided in me that she wanted to confront our Mom about it that day, but she said she didn't want to ruin my day.

As for hubby's boss, toast that sucker and forget about the fire extinguishers!!!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2017
    Options

Just got a call from 1 of my 6 children..........saying if I had no plans for this weekend that he was asking me to go to dinner with him on Saturday, and an invite to stay over his house that night, or he would take me home if I wanted to do that......well considering there are 5 other children I will probably opt ;to go back home.......mainly because if they are coming, I would like to be here at least to see them..........always have to remember I am Mom to all 6 , not just 1 of them............and even if they don't show up on Sunday, that is ok too...........I want to make sure I am here if they do...........makes sense, right........LOL

• Lucy55
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ducky ..Makes perfect sense to me !!

• Twirp26
    Twirp26 Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2017
    Options

thanks girls!! I love this thread because I can visualize all this BS being thrown on and burning!! Glad I found you all!!

• Lucy55
    edited May 2017
    Options

Twirp ..We're very glad you found us too !!!

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited May 2017
    Options

Can I throw in #%£$¥# prothesis bras? And #€£¥%# protheses? Uni here....

Even before bc, I had an awful time finding comfortable bras with long enough straps for my high shoulders. Add LE on my operated side, so straps now have to be wider. The stupid breast prothesis weighs too much so my shoulder hurts if I wear it for more than a couple hours, and the light one rides up all the time. And nope, not asking for reconstruction --- surgeons said it would have to be expanders then silicon --- my friends who went that route said it HURTS! So I'm dumping on the whole mess grrrrrrr.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2017
    Options

Tessu ..Of course you can throw your prothesis AND prothesis bra into the fire !!!! I am uni too ( ugh )...but my prothesis isn't a problem ...the pathology sent through the weight of my boob ( ugh ) and they made my prothesis to the same weight ...

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ducky, I agree that it makes sense!!!!!

Twirp, welcome!!!!!!

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 2017
    Options

Well, not throwing Hubby on but his shit. No he cannot have a bad mood and yell about anything whenI am on the computer searching for if breast cancer can metastasize to the skin, namely the center of my back. But it can and I am almost ready to bet it has. And the second day of Xeloda when I am terrified of an SE or allergic reaction. And when I have a nose bleed. So screw his bad mood, go outdoors and shovel something. I was fine, really fine and peaceful and we had a nice drive. Then he is pissed off our order came and the kitchen salt had broken open. And YES I know he is upset that this is happening and it is his cancer nightmare too. That is why he is not going in the fire, just the current shit. I am crying and having a bad afternoon but I was fine.

Throwing on SEs from Ibrance and Femara combo that made me feel like I had the flu for weeks, months. And the crashing of my WBC into the 2s then 1.8. And THEN they pull me from drugs to recover. I was so sick for so long. And I had TWO good days and felt like I could do something, planning my conservative garden and did some digging and seeding. And ate two days in a row, a whole sandwich instead of three bites. And Xeloda means I cannot really garden, no friction on hands or feet. So now Hubby has to help, if he would only grin and bear it and let it be fun and relaxing. BECAUSE I NEED NEED my garden.

Just not too happy today. Don't know how I will ever get over all the anger with medical professionals. I own my own sh*% but they do not own theirs. And here I sit. But going to garden to si in recliner and chill. Sorry, really for the vent but I don't have anyone to talk to. My sister is burdened w the reality of this, DD listens but I don't say all I need to and cannot dump. And Hubby gets to see too much as it is.

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2017
    Options

Throw it on the fire and let it burn!!! A little ranting is good now and then, I do it a lot.

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited May 2017
    Options

blue bird....i know exactly what you mean about your garden...i need mine too..every tiny seedling is so precious....I started planting miniture alpine plants when i was having all my hip reconstruction surgeries....a hand shovel or spoon and a pillow for my butt lol....throw in some fairy houses and a little pond and you're in another world for a little while....i NEED to play in the dirt.....get my hands and feet covered......I hope you get all the dirt time you need......

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2017
    Options

happy Mother's Day to everyone

Duckyb is ur company still there ?

We were supposed to make this alive

And when?????

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Great and busy weekend.....Dinner with one son last night...breakfast brought to me by my daughter and son-in law.....then another daughter came right from church with 2 grandkids....then another son came around 12, and took me to lunch with his wife......then another daughter came and we talked for about 2 hours.....then another son came with 2 of my grandsons (his daughter's were in Disney), and he took me to dinner.........and gifts all around from all 6 of them............after my son asked me to dinner.....I was invited 2 more times to go to dinner, but had already said yes to youngest son......

Tomorrow one of my grandsons is coming to assemble a new set I got for the front patio.....I have my grandaughter's softball game...she pitches for her school....and is fantastic....just a great weekend.......with my great family......life is good.......

Hope you all had a super Mother's Day too.........hugs.

Whenver you get our broom out girlfriend and make the pick-ups......LOL

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

By the way FK......everyone over at Older Ladies, and Crazytown are waiting for you...........

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

the broom is ready

R u?

I am

To go where? I don't care where but I'm ready...today,tomorrow...let's get the ball rollin

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Your the driver........surprise us......LO

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

NO I'm not the driver

U R...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited May 2017
    Options

Maybe we could dance around this???

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited May 2017
    Options

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hey Chickie.......your the Broom Master.............always have been.....and its parked in your driveway.......LMAO...

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

Alyson,thanks for posting those beautiful pics.

Very uniqu

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

right now I have bigger fish to fry

I just posted on the crazy town looking for vital,life or death answers for a very dear friend...

Please,I need answer

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

I got the answers on the stage 4 thread

I found my way home

Soon when I post the broom start packin

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options