Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

Options

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2017
    Options

imageFor those who remember Grayson my great grandaughter...here she is with her Poppie on his 60th birthday...can't belive I have a 60 year old son, and these are his grandaughters........Grayson's twin is at the far left.......

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2017
    Options

Very nice!!!!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2017
    Options

Ducky ..what a great photo 😃

• duckyb1
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thanks Mommy and Lucy......

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2017
    Options

You are very welcome!

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited September 2017
    Options

It's Autumn - time for a raging bonfire.

Into the fire, doctors who do not care and are irritated with cancer patients who say, "Yes but, "

Into the fire, cancer patients having to deal with their last days and the heart break of letting go of life and loved ones.

Into the fire, anything you need to get rid of. Don't carry it around.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2017
    Options

Bluebird ..I'm here to help you stoke the fire , and throw it all in ...!!!!

• Bluebird-DE
    edited September 2017
    Options

Those were for the others I am conversing with. For me, the inability to do anything, the cough that never ends, the headache that comes on around 7 ea evening due to the cough that never ends. My poor Newfoundland dog not being able to get on the sofa with me anymore or into the vehicle. I did order him some Phycox for pain/inflammation/joints and a ramp that may help if Hubby takes out the two back seats in center of Acadia Denali and leaves just the long bench limo seat for him. I miss my dog not going w us everywhere, and to me all days are the last chance, every morning is the last chance. And into the fire having to figure in that reality like it really is because it is. No playing with the reality, never know when the drugs will cause a brain bleed or clots or plural effusion or lung clot. Never know when it all changes. So many believe they have months or years and then wham, the change happens and life flips to every day being the last chance really the last chance. Last chance to watch clouds all day, last chance to take the dog for a drive to nowhere, last chance to drive around the lake with Hubby, last chance to go birding. Someday I will get on my feet enough to take a walk again or go in a store again, or do a flea market again. But I did not know those last times and did those activities they were the last. I just did not know. So into the fire the world of cancer reality closing in on us.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2017
    Options

((( Bluebird ))) ..so sorry ..cancer definitely, DEFINATELY sucks 🙁

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    edited September 2017
    Options

Bluebird, that was a great post. I too am very aware of my "lasts". I know I have had my last overseas trip, but I am hoping to still have a last holiday by the beach. To paddle in the shallows, sit on the sand eating fish and chips and sleep well from the fresh sea air. Now it is mostly about making memories with my DH.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited September 2017
    Options

I am still planning a trip to Wales or even to move there. Always wanted to live in Wales since a girl. Bucketlist. A day spent watching the lovely clouds in the blue sky, the whole day. Bucketlist. Eating the best lobster souffle in the world just once. Bucketlist. Living longer than my dog. Bucketlist. And on, I have three pages. Many checked off.

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hmmmmm..............you had me at lobster souffle.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have never had lobster souffle. It was made on a cooking show and I want some now. Bucketlist includes the best peach pie - check - the best vegetable soup - check - and the best brownies - and check. Going to the UP and to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Maine. We purchsed the vehicle on the bucketlist so we can get the dog in and go. A matter of timing and health willing now.

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

I really hope you get to go. Having something to look forward to is the best medicine I have found. Hug

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited October 2017
    Options

hmmm, fresh maine lobster..heavenly

I used to go to maine every year on a cruise, stuffed my face with lobster

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited October 2017
    Options

Where did you come intoport when you were in Maine? I live in Maine and we quite often go and see the big cruise ships 🚢 come in or go out...

• proudtospin
    edited October 2017
    Options

i used to sail on the victory chimes, came into stonington which is wher the cap used to pick up the lobsters, castine, rockland, i must have sailed over a dozen times, good timee

• Freya
    edited October 2017
    Options

I really really want lobster...........and scallops.......and crab!!

• proudtospin
    edited October 2017
    Options

worth a drive to maine to buy the good stuff

• Bluebird-DE
    edited October 2017
    Options

HAHAHA oh my what have we started. A food craving? Tonight I am having what I hope is the best beef burger - seldom eat meat. This was grass fed and is pure beef, safe meat. I have the PET CT so need protein w/o carbs and veggies w/o sugars. I have a can of tested salmon to eat for breakkie.

Yes, I hope I get to go too. But it is possible I will be moving into Alaska in April 2018 for 6 to 8 months to be treated by my oncologist who left here and moved there to follow his passion. Treating w western side by side to au natural which helps patients to remain healthier. Then back here for 4 mo or so and then off to Maine and others.

Sucks that I cannot do both at once. I feel torn. Alaska was not on my bucketlist.

It's a chilly night and the bonfire is nice, good to be with others.

• Bluebird-DE
    edited October 2017
    Options

Seeing it in flames. The other day I was in tears for minute and waitress had asked how I was doing was all, I broke. She is so sweet. The pneumonitis got to me, how long can one feel like sheet w no end in site. That is a statement, not a question. And into the fire goes pneumonitis that is not treatable, one has to just ride it out. And my tears, I don't like wearing it on my sleeve, how I feel. And the fact she said later, stay positive. And I hated that. I said, I am in reality, positive comes and goes.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2018
    Options

Chucking my not-so-nice FIL on the bonfire! The arrogant jerk told me that I shouldn’t have adopted the new kitten and that I needed to re-home her right away as I already had enough animals with just the one cat and dog! He also is getting chucked on the fire for trying to tell hubby and I that if we go to his house for Thanksgiving, we have to talk about what he wants to hear and we all but have to agree with his views! Told my hubby on the way home, I won’t be going there for the holiday. I refuse to be treated as if I am a naughty child! I’ll stay home and have a better holiday with my hubby and the pets!

• Lucy55
    edited November 2018
    Options

Mommy ..I'm here to help you throw the old geesar in 🔥!! Enjoy your new kitten and don't worry about him !

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2018
    Options

Happy

• duckyb1
    edited January 2019
    Options

• duckyb1
    edited January 2019
    Options

One of my newest granddaughter-in-laws...married to my grandson Dec 8th of this year...will show you the other new one married Nov. 8th..LOL busy, busy, busy.

• duckyb1
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • duckyb1
    edited January 2019
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2019
    Options