Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2017
    Options

PANS is an acronym for Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome, which is associated with a variety of different infections, whereas PANDAS is a disorder associated with only streptococcal infections—specifically group A strep.

Oh Lucy, Praying for you Grandson..

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2017
    Options

Can I just throw in the whole healthcare system? I fell 6 months ago and hurt my wrist - it is now swelling and even more painful.. I called my doctor's office (lots of docs). First, my primary has quit. next, I won't be able to see my new primary until September she is so booked. So opted for a FNP that I love there - can't get in until July... they ask me is there anyone else I would like to try - I told them female, and doesn't shy away from my Drug sensitivity list. They finally email be back with one at the end of next week - during my work hours. They said if I didn't take that one it would be mid July.

Ok I know the Doc who started this group. He says, all the good docs are quitting the business or leaving town... He is trying his hardest to keep up with the demand. Just a big bummer on my part - I know the next question you all would be asking - why not just go to urgent care? Because soon as they see my drug sensitivity list - they refer me back to my primary and don't help me.

Maybe I should forget about throwing them in and just jump into the fire myself LoopyShocked

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks for the prayers ..my grandson's is PANS ..they have eliminated the PANDAS as he has no strep infection..they gave him course of antibiotics just in case anyway ..but no response to them ..he's been in hospital 2 weeks now ..

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2017
    Options

no fire for u Gma Foley..don't even think about it

As for the broom it belongs to the group...anyone can have it

I'm sorry for ur pain Lucy

Into the fire it goes....

JOJO nice new pic u posted......

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2017
    Options

Still praying Lucy.....hope the litle man responds to his treatment....hugs

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited May 2017
    Options

So sorry about the grand baby being so sick.

I'm still around...enjoying reading you ladies banter!

I seem to have my own broomstick these days...or just call me a Rocky

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited May 2017
    Options

Lucy - Prayers for your grandson.

Hugs for all who need one.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited May 2017
    Options

Lucy55 Sending prayers and positive thoughts

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Headed to the shore today with my son and his family.......had 4 invites.....had to pick onr......3 of my kids have shore homes, and my grandaughter has one too.........as my MIL used to say "Ok we have to do "chance a piece"......this time it was son #2......LOL........

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

Happy Memorial Day to those who celebrate it..image

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited May 2017
    Options

Firecracker - That is so awesome. Thanks for posting it.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

I thought of u JOJO when I posted it

Thanks to u and DH for serving

U both make me proud

• Lucy55
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ducky ..of course you have 4 invites ..your family loves you ..We all love you ..you are a very special lady ..😃

FK .. beautiful...

Happy Memorial Day to you all ...xx

• FireKracker
    edited May 2017
    Options

it's raining all day in Pa

Cold too.

Not the normal Memorial Day.....

Maybe God wants us to plray instead of BBQ

Ya think???

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Back home from a fantastic weekend down the shore...no beach a tad chilly and the weather could not make up its mind if it wanted to rain or the sun to come out.......but my son has a gorgerous deck that looks out toward the beach and ocean, so even if its cloudy, you can still sit out.....and part of it is covered so even in the rain its fun.............fantastic food......you name it they give it to me......and time with my grandaughter, and grandson......she is 23, and he is 18.......hugs to alls...This is my son and his wife......these are 2 of their children ...they have 4.imageimageimage

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ducky, that is what life is made of. Glad you had that time with your family.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ducky .. beautiful family photos ..I love seeing them !

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'm very lucky.........

• Lucy55
    edited June 2017
    Options

My little grandson is still very ill ..please keep him in your prayers ..

• FireKracker
    edited June 2017
    Options

• FireKracker
    edited June 2017
    Options

prayers for ur grandson Lucy

Lots of the

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Here is Grayson (who most of you know her story)....at her first recital of course she could not dance, but she did her thing from her wheelchair...image

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited June 2017
    Options

Nice!!!!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2017
    Options

FK ...thank you so much for the prayers ..

Ducky ..your twinnie's both look gorgeous !!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

The. sad thing was it wasb't until the day of rehershal that my grandaughter realized there was a downward slant in the stage floor....Grayson could not control her wheelchair on the slant so the one thng she could do which was all the arm dance moves she couldn't do because her wheelchair would start to go forward when she took her hands off the wheels.....

Finally she managed to get herself in a position where she could get to a straight floor, and tried her best to catch up......why they didn't do something to put her in a spot where she could be seen without her having to move forward on her own is beyond me........but I guess to the instructors it wasn't important ......needless to say I was not happy....gonna show you the video if I can....not great but also you were forbidden to take video's......my son didn't care...why????? because the wanted you to buy theirs which was $30.00.......Really.........ok, could not send it...sorry....

• FireKracker
    edited June 2017
    Options

ducky

I'm so sorry things went crappy for Grayson

I'm sure she did her best

She is so beautiful

I saved the pic to show my Greyson...

I no he is gonna ask me if she is his cousin...lol

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

FK....tell her yes, they are cousins in name.....LOL

Sad thing is had they been more considerate of her needs at the dance school they would have realzed she could not control a wheel chair on a slanted floor....then they said "well how about if we put the brakes on......my grandaughter said then she can't move anywhere....after a full year of collecting money for this little girl, plus her twin sister they could not have done something ....i wish I could get the video to work so you could see her

• FireKracker
    edited June 2017
    Options

I have been so busy with my son and his go fund me page I haven't even seen the boys

The weekend is finally here and I will show Greyson her picture

She is so beautiful,so is her sista

Sending hugs to the gang

Prayers to

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited July 2017
    Options

into the fire - one rheumatologist with poor attitude and no drive to help me. plop plop.

• duckyb1
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi everyone.......warm by the fire......just like it is here in Pa..........Phew...