Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

For those of you who did the regimin of  ddAC 4 every other week and then Taxol with herceptin for 12 weekly.  Did you have to go straight into the Tx-her. regimine or were you allowed to take a break.  I end my AC 4 weeks before Passover and I would dearly love to be able to wait until after Passover to start the Taxol.  I will speak to my onc. but just wondering what others have experienced.

Peggy

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

I went right into it, but had a vacation planned between tx 2 and 3, and was a week late on that. My onc said delaying a week was no big deal.

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Fluffqueen...LOVE your Lindbergh quote. I think we all know that feeling!!

That's interesting to do tattoos first. I am not feeling I will ever get done either. I was scheduled for more surgery in February. Not sure I feel like it quite yet. I do want it done, but the surgeries are all taking their physical and emotional toll.

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216

kitchenella - I had AC-T every other week.  And then 2 weeks after my last AC-T I had TH and went weekly from there.

• Caya
    Caya Member Posts: 46

I was diagnosed at age 48, by pure luck.  I had a breast reduction, and my plastic surgeon found my tumour.  This was after a clean mammo and breast ultrasound 3 months beforehand.  No family history, had the BRCA tests because I was under 50 at diagnosis and Ashkenazi Jewish background. Thankfully negative on the BRCA.

Over 5 years out now.

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Hi kitchenella, I had AC x 4 then 2 weeks later started taxol/herceptin x 12. By the time the 2 weeks after AC was up, I felt pretty good going into taxol.

• missy_111
    missy_111 Member Posts: 97

I also had AC x 4 every other week, then taxol started promptly 2 weeks later.

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270

I have not posted to this forum yet.  It seems a good and varied group.  I have been looking for people who are doing Navalbine especially in stage3 but I have yet to find that. I start tomorrow-- weekly.

• dianamaps
    dianamaps Member Posts: 5

Kitchenella - I finished the 4 AC doses, then only two weeks went by before I started Taxotere + Herceptin (which were every 3 weeks). The worst days EVER were after the first dose of T/H. The most miserable chemo days you can imagine. The onc said later that it was likely because so much of the AC was still in my system and then T/H was put on top of it. If I'd known, I'd definitely have asked for a respite between, even if only for a week or two.

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

Does/has everyone switched away from using an aluminum-based deodorant?
    I really like my deodorant...took a long time to find one that worked so well!

BRCA test results came back today, all negative. :)

CT results came back weird...waiting to talk to onc tomorrow.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,246

christina - yay on the brca!  Hopefully CT is ok - let us know.  Half the time I forget deoderant - probably shouldn't admit that....

• shore1

Christina, check out the organic make-up thread. Lots of good suggestions. I want to find a "safe"deodorant too.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Two more herceptins to go! And got my tatoos today! March 30th and I will get nips and fat grafting and extensive abdomen lipo.

Got restylane injections today also. Face is swollen and tender. Everyone has been laughing. I feel like Goldie Hawn in First Wives Club. Just need the cigarette!

PS had had to numb me twice to get me numb enough for the tats. Numbing injections stung. Then he got going and all was fine when suddenly, some twinges Decided I could take it. Then he hit another spot and OUCH!!!. He stopped and juiced it up some more, which hurt. I explained that it takes a lot to numb me at the dentist, so when he got to the restylane part, he left no stone unturned.

Glad to have that part done!

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    fluff - what is restylane?
  • specialk

fluff - where did you put it?  Your PS didn't have any reservations about injectables for you? 

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Fluff,

I just pm'd you.  I never knew that Herceptin could make ur nails so bad!!  I thought it was just the chemo, but now, over 6 months after last chemo, my nails are like tissue paper and down to the nubs. I never thought of icing them while on HerceptinCry  All the biotin hasn't helped them in the least, but the hair seems to be in good shape. Oh well, only 5 more to go!!

• fluffqueen01

Restylane is a filler. He put it along my smile lines. It was free as the rep had been in on the day I was there and he could do four people. I was at the right place, right time. He had no objections to injectable. He also doesn't prescribe an antibiotic before dental work. Said at the last conference in Atlanta, they did an informal survey of the room about which physicians still ordered that and only about a third did.

We will see. If I go, I guess I will go with a wrinkless face and cute foobs.

• Judy67
    Judy67 Member Posts: 213

Catching up on all the posts.  DX 44, 1st one in my family to have BC, and BRCA negative.  I did exercise regularly but also carrying around extra weight.  Can't help but wonder if that contributed.  I had a hysterectomy and one ovary removed, I've been wondering if I should have the other one out now.

fluff queen, congrats on getting the tattoos done.  Wish I was there already.  PS said probably late May or June for me.  Lago, did you already have yours done?

• specialk

fluff - funny!  Nice on the freebie too!  Mine does not do the dental work prescription either.  My PS does not like injectables, so he changes the subject when I bring it up - even when I am kidding around.  He does like lipo though, I think because it is surgical - he is all about surgery.  He does fat grafting, but after the drop and fluff, so that will be next after exchange on the 24th.

• fluffqueen01

lago was part of tatoo tuesday too!

• shore1

Fluff, how are you getting abdomen lipo? Is it because of fat grafting? Lucky you getting restalyne bonus!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Yes I had tatts today along with Corrine (illinios ladies thread). Corrine & I both celebrated our birthdays today too.

I got small ones. Still waiting for DH to come home to see if I went too small. I think they are the same size as my old ones but my boobies are larger so we'll see what he has to say. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Congrats on the tattoos Fluff and Lago!  And Happy Birthday Lago!  Once again I am jealous, I have to wait until May for tattoos.

Went to the gyn yesterday and she removed two polyps from the cervix.  Said tamoxifen causes them.  She is 99.9% sure they are benign.  Now I have to get an ultrasound of the uterus.  Anyone else ever get this?  Why can't I just get hot flashes like everyone else.  Why do I get all the interesting se's?

• fluffqueen01

Shore...yes abdomen lipo is due to fat grafting. I told him I want him to suck out as much as possible even if I have to pay out of pocket, and that I better see a noticeable difference. I figure this is the only time I will do something like this.

• specialk

kay1963 - I last had a pelvic ultrasound 10 years ago prior to total hyst/ooph.  If it is still the same procedure I have to say it is interesting...  It involved putting a microphone shaped transducer wand up the you-know-what!

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

bucky - My nails are just now getting themselves sorted out (the softness).  I finished the herceptin in Aug.

Happy Birthday lago

Congrats on the tatoos to you both! 

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

kay, I'm not on tamox yet, but I 've had a history of cervical polyps, all benign.  Let's hope this is all it is for you! 

• specialk

lago - Happy B-Day, and Tat Day!

• shore1

Happy birthday Lago. Fluff, good luck with everything - very exciting to be getting to that part of this whole thing im sure.

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

Christina - I have been looking for aluminum-free deodorant too.  It seems you can't find antiperspirant without it but I did find aluminum-free deodorant at Wal-Mart.  They had a few different brands and I got one made by Tom's...wild lavendar scented and it's pretty nice.