Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Options

Comments

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591
    Options

Oh, gotcha dragonfly, you had rads going on too. So many variable for all of us. Im going to exercise thru my pain - maybe it'll help. Kids are getting me zumba for the wii & I wont let herceptin or tamoxifen stop me :)

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245
    Options

I definitely notice that the stiffness is better with movement.  I'm not usually too bad after Herceptin, but #15 has been the worst one for me, nothing huge though, just more stiffness than usual.  I wonder if the difference is that my latest Tamoxifen came from Mylan labs, otherwise I've always had Teva.  The Mylan ones are definitely a tad bigger and much chalkier.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797
    Options

Shore....my se's are worse on dose dense herceptin than they were when combined with chemo weekly. Slowing helped. My onc said I could continue it weekly or evene very two weeks also. I stuck with every three just so i didnt have to be there all the time, but joints hurt....im a little queasy the first 48 hours and wiped out.

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178
    Options

shore1--- I purchased this wig online @ Vogue Wigs The name of it is the "Jackson". It came out of the box and on my head. No trimming, shaping, etc.... Very easySmile  I bought the color the "model" is wearing. I believe it is called "java frost"   Good Luck to you!!

I have a human hair wig also, this one is so much easierLaughing

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    Options

Yes, so queasy this morning after Herceptin/TDM1 that I (almost) threw up.

• bucky317
    Options

shore-- I am also very stiff on the Herceptin/Arimidex, esp. in the am or if I am sitting too long. Otherwise, I really can't complain. I too am hoping that when I am finished in April that the joint pains get better. My fingernails are very thin and weak too.

Question..... Has anyone noticed a stinging/itching sensation on your skin when you sweat? Whenever I do cardio and work up a sweat this happens to me.  After I wipe it off, I am fine. My thought was that it could be the Herceptin. Anyone have or had this?

• bucky317
    Options
    ashla - your recipe sounds HEALTHY and DELICIOUS!!  I am going to make this!!Smile
  • ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566
    Options

Oh dear. My bs said herceptin only was much easier than chemo..That there weren't many ses and they usually resolved well after treatment ended.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566
    Options

Bucky317.

I hope you enjoy it. It's easy even when you're not feeling well, includes many nutrient rich ingredients and at least for me...went down easily even during those days when the thought of eating even favorite foods was hard to conceive. I have that awful taste in my mouth for the first 10 days after chemo.

Great recipe for barbeques when we finish this torture trip.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,234
    Options

ashla - Herceptin alone is much easier.  The SE's are much milder by comparison to chemo.  These are usually body aches that are handled by Advil, runny nose, a continuation of nail issues if you had them with chemo, etc. - don't worry!

• dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516
    Options
    bucky317 I get that itchy/stinging sensation like pin-pricks all over my skin whenever I start to get hot for any reason-whether I'm trying to work up a sweat or not:) For me, it's become an early warning system and means that a hot flash or "warm" flash is on the way! I think it's part of the wacky temperature dysregulation from chemopause...
  • omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Yep, chemopause has it's own climate!  I had to fan away about 4 times during a 2 hour meeting today.  

• bucky317
    Options
    ashla   Herceptin has been "a walk in the park" for me. I get the infusion in a 1/2 hour and I am out the door. The achy joints are not debilitating by any means. It just takes me a little longer to get going when I get out of bed and get my feet on the floor. Exercise definitely helps!! I believe it is the Anastrazole ?sp. sucking the estrogen out of me that causes most of the achesTongue out
  • saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216
    Options

Missy - I am 2 years out from diagnosis.  During chemo I saw the onc at every AC - every 2 weeks.  And then during TH and then Herceptin alone I saw the onc at the ones with Herceptin - every 3 weeks.  After finishing treatment, I started seeing my onc every 3-4 months - sometimes more if there are issues - like when my platelets were low in December I was back weekly for a bit doing bloodwork.  I see the surgeon every 6 months.  I have a mammogram every June and a breast MRI every December.  My rad onc had initially told me to see him yearly, but I don't do that - I feel like I'm seeing enough doctors.

• bucky317
    Options
    dragonfly  you took the words right out of my mouth.. that is EXACTLY what I am experiencing! and when I think about it , It does happen right before a "hotflash"  LOL!!!
  • dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Hey all - when you have a port, are there any restrictions on arm movement?  I do aggressive dance with full range arm motion at high speed...wondering if I end up having treatment if I have to give this up for a year...?

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,234
    Options

dance - my port is subclavian - right up by the hollow of my throat - no arm restrictions.  I am not aware of anyone having any issues except for those that have their port kind of on their side - and then, yu would just have to be careful.

• dragonfly1
    Options

Dancetrancer aggressive dance with full range arm motion at high speed? sounds awesome! You might need to post a video:) I can't imagine that the port would stop you once it heals-I was sore for a week or so when it was first put in but otherwise no problems. Mine has never restricted me in any way. I shocked my vascular surgeon when I asked him if I would be allowed to go skydiving with a port and then he said, I don't see why not (see video link below). If I can fly, you can dance...Keep on dancing Dancetrancer! 

Omaz you summed it up-chemopause certainly does have it's own climate:)

• dancetrancer
    Options

Thanks you guys!  Dragonfly, I DO have videos!!!  It is so, so much fun!!!  We put on performances now and again.  Makes me feel young.  I miss it so much! 

BTW, watched your video - love it!   

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    Options

Hi Omaz, it went well.  I am tired especially if i exert even a little bit but otherwise, quite fast (8 minute infusion) and I was done in about 90 minutes all told.  I did get a few premeds but no steroids!  all is well!  When are we going to meet for breakfast???  q

• fluffqueen01
    Options

Dancetrancer...mine is on my right side and no problems, however, it is also right about where a bra strap goes, so if it rubs across it, it is a little tender and gets irritated. I notice it sometimes when exercising and have to shift the strap. Just a thought if you are crazy dancing

• dancetrancer
    Options

Good to know fluffqueen - if I do this, I need to make sure I discuss placement/issues with the surgeon.  

• dragonfly1
    Options
    Dancetrancer Wow! Love the video. You should polish up a routine and head for America's Got Talent...
  • omaz
    Options
    Dance - My surgeon asked me to draw an area on my chest that was a good place for the port so my bra strap wouldn't hit it.  I actually drew a box area in sharpie.
  • Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    Options

my port gets bumped by the truck safety belt!  it can a be a pain sometimes, especially right after chemo it seems a bit more sensitive. Gee I wonder why????  LOL

• dancetrancer
    Options

Thanks everyone for the feedback and tips.  I will have to pick a favorite sports bra and draw where it DOESN'T cross.  So glad I asked you all!   

Does it leave much of a scar?  It seems like it would be in an area which would limit the kinds of shirts you could wear.   

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245
    Options

My onc nurse told me to restrict some of my movements and to limit how much weight I lifted only when they could not access my port at the first few infusions.  After my port started working, no restrictions but it does get sensitive after infusions.  The scar from my port is by far my worst one - hoping he will fix it when I get the port removed.  It's on the left side about 3 inches below my collarbone.  The actual port sits about 2 inches under the scar and you cannot see the port at all - however, my port is deep and tilted and they have a hard time accessing it almost every time.  I use emla cream covered with tegaderm adhesive to numb it to some degree before they go digging.

• missy_111
    missy_111 Member Posts: 97
    Options

thank you, saralmom!

• omaz
    Options
    dance - When I picked my spot I also made sure it was to the side of a shirt opening.  I have about a 4cm scar from the port. 
  • fluffqueen01
    Options

I barely see my scar. It is small. However, when wearing summery clothes like skinny strap stuff, i can see the bump where the port is. I notice it most on those shirts that cut into a high neck, leaving outer arm area open.