Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Options

Comments

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    Options

I use Tom's deodorant and like it as well.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797
    Options

Special K-pelvic ultrasound is pretty much the same. LOL.

I posted this on a couple of other boards, but thought I would fill you in on my near heart failure shock this morning.

I went to change the guaze pad and I was looking at a very good half a tatoo on each side. Top half on one side, lower half on the other. WTH?????? I was getting all worked up thinking somehow the inkhad absorbed, or something weird had happened, since I am part of the TE removal club, have had rashes, hives, etc.

I called the office in a panic, telling his manager that something had gone terribly wrong. She burst out laughing....saying that is how he does it. He finished the other half when he makes the nipple and does any cleanup/revision then. She said he told me, lol....all I must have heard was tatoo, tatoo, tatoo

So....my halves look really nice and the spot is inked for the nipple and it looks good...and i am calming down, but that was a moment.

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178
    Options

Happy Birthday Lago !!

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303
    Options

Happy Birthday Lago!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Thanks I'm still celebrating. About to go out to lunch with friend.

• bucky317
    Options
    Lago Enjoy ur birthday lunch with your friends!  I just had lunch and had a few,well.... maybe more than a few "Lay's" potato chips. I checked the label on the bag and great news!!!...... there is NO SOY in them!!!  That means they are good for you right?   Tongue out
  • dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

fluff, that is a riot.  I can soooooooo see myself doing the same thing! 

Happy birthday Lago!  

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,234
    Options

bucky - keep telling yourself that, lol!  I will admit I fell victim to Trader Joe's "Reduced Guilt" chips in December while visiting a friend.  All I can say is thank goodness there is no Trader Joe's near my house, because they are irresistible!

• bucky317
    Options

Special K  Lol!!! I LOVE chips!! any kind!!! They are one of my MANY food weakness's. I wish I had a private chef to prepare healthy, tasty,  AND cancer preventative meals for me everyday!!! That would be so fabulous!!!!

• specialk
    Options

bucky - if I don't see them I am good - if I do see them I am bad!  A private chef would be nice - I am finding the research on what to eat is conflicting so I am trying to just be sensible, but it would be nice if the right food was just there, all ready to eat!  Come to think of it - that is pretty much how it is for my DH, lol!

• bucky317
    Options

I just updated my Avatar with one of my inexpensive "internet" wigs. I liked this one more than my expensive "human" hair wig.  Go figure....

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    Options

That is a hilarious story, fluffqueen!  What a shock it must have been!!  And such a relief after the call.

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591
    Options

Hi bucky, I like the wig & have been looking for one to wear other than the expensive 2 I bought pre chemo. Im trying to keep those looking good, since I expect to wear them for many more months. Can you tell me where you got it & what its called? I attempted it a purchase on line once & even after getting the color ring in advance, I chose a bad color!

• missy_111
    missy_111 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Can you triple positive ladies tell me what kind of follow up you are receiving after treatment has ended?

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    Options

Funny Girl FluffQueen-- i just came back from my onc to see if I could get a redo on my right mastectomy scar and she thought that it was better for a plastic surgeon to do and she also told me I had to lose the 15-20 pounds I put on since chemo. I have to exercise everyday!!!  I am good with that but I also secretly thought well, if I am going to to get my chest redone, I am gonna get my abd done too!! 

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options
    Hi Quaatsi - How did the new chemo go?
  • lago
    Options

Missy the 1st year I saw my onc and BSeach 2x a year (someone every 3 months). Once the year was up I see  each of  them now 1x a year (basically one of them every 6 months). I just finished reconstruction so I think I will be going on a once a year schedule with my PS too. I did get another liver scan but hopefully this will be the last. There was some cysts spotted initially and they want to be sure that's all they are. So far they have been stable. I also assume they will continue with bone density tests yearly since I'm on Anastrozole and I'm slightly osteopenic, small boned, white with a family history.

I also have LE so right now I see my LE MD once a year.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566
    Options

Happy birthday lago!

This may be old news to many of you but did you know the number one ingredient in mayo is soybean oil? It's in everything!

• lago
    Options

Soybean oil is in my supplements too. Small amounts though. You can't drive yourself crazy.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I t hink I will be celebrating with one more friend on Saturday, then I'm done till next year.

• shore1
    Options

Hello, im hoping some of you who are doing or did herceptin after the initial doses with chemo can tell me if achiness is common and how long it lasts. I hardly had SE at all on 12 weekly taxol/herceptin but git the first of the every 3 week doses yesterday. Within hours of infusion I felt achy joints & by bedtime it was worse. Elbows, knees and even fingers ache. I know its a bigger dose than the weekly, but have any of you experienced this? I hope its not going to last 3 weeks til the next one! Ugh, and I hate to start tamoxifen tomorrow and experience god knows what. Thanks for any replies!

• specialk
    Options
    shore - that definitely happened to me, and it took me by surprise.  How fast did they do your infusion?  I had previously received it in 90 minutes when it was combined with Taxotere and Carboplatin.  The first Herceptin alone they did in 30 minutes.  Omaz recommended receiving it more slowly (back tothe original 90 minutes) which I did, and it was much better, although I still did get some.  For me the water is muddied as well by Femara.  My onc P.A. did confirm that this degree of achiness can be caused by Herceptin and that by the 5-6 week period after the last one (Jan. 19) it should improve.  For me that first one caused pain that lasted about 4-5 days after the infusion.
  • lago
    Options

I had aches/stiffness (mostly thighs) on THC but I thought it was all from taxotere. I was better 5 weeks PFC but still a little stiff. It wasn't till after I finished Herceptin that I got even better. I'm still a little stiff but that's from the Anastrozole. Still better than I was on chemo or just Herceptin. I always got my infusions every 3 weeks.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options
    shore - Slowing the infusion really helped me out as SpecialK described.  They may think it's silly to do it slow but just ask them to humor you - !  Drink lots too, even at night.
  • ashla
    Options

An easy nutritious recipe ...

1 lb box orzo cooked and drained

8oz feta cheese

1 lb Greek olives

1 medium cucumber

1/2 med  jar roasted red peppers in water

4 oz fresh or (half bag frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed of excess liquid)

1 small red onion chopped finely

Your favorite salad dressing. Mine is ether Greek or Italian.

Serve warm or cold.

I add more veggies but you can adjust this to your taste.

• ashla
    Options

I hit send before I finished...of course chop the peppers and cucumbers and crumble the feta. You can substitute fresh red and green peppers too.A bit of chopped dill adds a nice touch as well.

Orzo Salad....

• dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516
    Options
    Shore1 I've noticed a significant difference in the joint pain and aching. I had terrible stiffness during chemo and it got a lot better within a month after chemo ended. I was on the Herceptin alone for 3 months before I started Tamoxifen and didn't notice any significant joint/aching problems. Since starting the Tamoxifen just over 5 months ago the joint pain has been severe. I've had terrible shoulder, hip and back pain to the point that it wakes me up every night. I believe the Tamoxifen is much more of a problem than the Herceptin. However, I just finished the H last month and I'm curious to see if things settle down now that the two drugs are not being given in conjunction. I'll keep you posted...
  • shore1
    Options

Thanks for the tips - I will definitely ask them to slow down the next one. I thought I would feel better with just herceptin & it just really sucked to feel worse today than I did after a chemo infusion.

Dragonfly, I was told to start tamox in the next few days - is it more common to space out herceptin alone before adding tamox to the mix? That would make more sense it seems. Sorry you have such pain from the tamox - let me know if it improves.

Recipe sounds great Ashla.

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    Options

Shore: I had a TDM1 (conjugated Herceptin) infusion yesterday and I am so sore today I can't even move. I feel like I was pummeled in a street fight, or like my body is being sqeezed in a vice press. And definitely achey like I have the flu.

And I'm supposed to start Tamoxifen next week too.

Oh, my.

• dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516
    Options
    Shore1 My onc wanted me to wait to start Tamoxifen until I was completely finished with Rads so that there wouldn't be any confusion about SEs with so much going on-she thought it would be tough to sort out SEs if I did H/Rads/Tamoxifen together (but I know others have done it). So I started taking it the month after Rads. That's why I had a 3 month break between chemo and starting the Tamoxifen. I'll definitely let you know if this joint pain improves now that the H is done. I sure hope so...
  • shore1
    Options

Windlass, surprising to feel so crappy, right? I picked up the tamoxifen today, but am waiting til Sunday to start it. My birthday is Saturday & I want to be able to go out to dinner without feeling like I've been beat up. I don't know what tamoxifen will bring, but I will find out after I turn 42!