Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Etherize----------Well when "The shit hits the fan-"--------I so get what you are saying, I was told on the same day that I had BC that I had a brain tumor------so sucks. Except they couldn't say what type or anything re: BR tumor. Now it's growing. AND mouth tumors. SO what do I say----WTC.

• Kymn
    Kymn Member Posts: 887

ok girls you want stupid I got stupid....my X DH as of 7 weeks ago left me during treatment cause BC Changed me!!!! well no shit....said they cut it out of you all you had to do was get through treatment.....HUH....fml

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I'm helping my best friend of 26 years. She has stage 4 breast cancer and is losing weight. My heart is breaking watching her use a walker. Just a few weeks ago we were working side by side on a project. Now she can barely walk up the stairs. She's hopeful and still has lots of spirit left. Her husband died 1 1/2 years ago. I can barely deal with this. I'll be perched in my nest for a while if anyone cares. I don't feel humorous. I'll be lurking. Thanks hens for listening.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

So sorry veggy.  My prayers are with her and with you as well.

• sas-schatzi

Veggy----sorry sweetie. Everything has been tough, and it's seems it just isn't letting up for you.  So hope things improve for you and friend Hugs S

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
  • sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431

Lololol..........stand up and be counted!!!  

Begaawk

• darlam
    darlam Member Posts: 24

That one really did make me laugh out loud!

• veggy

Finally had the graduation for my son last night. Its been a busy summer. I was a nervous wreck. We had a lot of people come and a lot of food left over. I had a blast being busy and not having time to think about cancer. My mother in law  kept worrying that the party was too much for me. ( I had cancer, you know.) I had a lot of help with setting up and cleaning up. I just had to mqake sure the food dishes were full and mingle with friends. I think everyone saw that I am getting back to myself. I hope.

I'm still helping my friend and will be helping her now. She's still hanging in there.

Miss you all!

• etherize
    etherize Member Posts: 43

sas-schatzi, I didn't see your post until now.  Wow, I'm speechless!  I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with all that --I can't even imagine.  I hope and pray you are doing OK.  (Although that sounds stupid!)

Kymn, yup, that's stupid!!!  Good riddance to that guy, I say.

Joan811, that's hilarious.  And yes, very stupid!! 

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Etherize:

Kymn:

Sas:

Veggy:

My feathers are ruffled...cluckin disgusted when my friends are in pain. I had a thought where we all did gather-supported each other on everything...naturally, outrageously dressed and smokin' everything...but, sitting is out of the question - chicken dances are still in!!!

Just a really fun day dream that this entire board room was in...(minus the smarmy booted broad...)

• joan811

Veggy,
    As I'm pretty new around these parts, I am really feeling for you as you help your dear friend.  So glad you had the celebration for your son.  What a 'normal' thing to do and a milestone.  You've brought a lot of smiles to this thread and we all need it 'cause some days it just sux. 
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your friend.

Fuzzy, maybe that isn't such a far-off dream....I'm gonna find my chicken dancing shoes.

Joan
    Time out for dancin'

• sas-schatzi

Veggy ---so happy you had a "normal" day. and son's graduation clucking good news

Etherize----thanks for the kind thoughts, so used to all the trouble now, rarely get bummed about it. It's life. As a nurse though I do have to admit, I wish I didn't have over all of time know about "stuff" b/c it happened to me or family. Irony. Now I get to learn about "skull base surgery" . But considering I had to teach my ONC and Neurologist about it, at least they know it's available for other patients. Then paid my neurologist 200$ , I should have charged him for the education!Thankful, neurosurgeon was able to offer it as an alternative. Would have been bummed if he hadn't known about it. Have found that it was beginning to be offered from aroun 93-95. That's along time to not be considered mainstream common medical knowledge. The approach is with ascope similar to a laproscope.--------Trivial pursuit the Laproscope approach was invented by DR. CRILE in around 1906, he founded the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.It was rediscovered by OB/GYN doc's in the 60's. When other doc's wanted to use it for other sx's, The OB/gyn doc's tried to claim it as for "their use only". Now almost everybody part a scope can be used on.

Fuzzy,-----dream  sweetie dream

Joan-------yes chicken dancing sounds good. Been trying to get someone to take country line dancing with me, but can't find any takers. May have too take them on my own.

Clucking love you all. Sheila

• veggy

Everyone do the chicken dance!!!

• veggy

Everyone is trying!

• veggy

The pigs are having fun!

• veggy

The horses have joined in too!

• veggy

The sheep are in good step!

• veggy

Holy Cow! L@@k at them dance!

• veggy

What do you get if you put some marijuana in your "4-Leaf Clover Stew"?

Pot Luck

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I need the pot luck veggy. Hope I don't get called for jury  service today, maybe I should do the chicken dance!

Thats not a great idea as this old chook is not moving well. WTC here goes

• Alyson
    Maybe this is more appropriate!!
  • Alyson

Actually I like this best

• veggy

I wish we could have a real hen night and rock the chicken coop!

• joan811

Thanks for the smiles y'all!  I hope someday we CAN get together and rock the coop and ruffle our feathers. 
    I made it through rads-sim today - not a big deal to most of you, but  due to my claustrophobia and inability to stay still, it was a 3.5 xanax day for me.....My daughter (36, 2 kids) is into natural healing arts and we discussed a dozen remedies I should take to relax and finally she said, "Mom, why don't you just smoke some pot?" LOL 

• veggy
  • joan811
    I  L'd O very L'ly   Surprised
  • etherize
    etherize Member Posts: 43

LOL at all the dancing critters!

Joan, I'm glad you made it through your rad/sim ... seems like every turn on this journey offers us new challenges. Pot or Xanax, it's all good to me! ;) Hopefully the next visits won't be bad (I guess the first time takes much longer due to setting it up, right?)

• joan811
    Thanks, etherize...I gotta keep it legal - educator at public college.
    Yup, rads appointment for run-through is Tuesday.  Of course, I got a bad cold so there goes the meds plan - but I know I can do it.
    Hope you are doing well, and happy week end to all.
    The dancin' chicks are amazing.  Not a good week for turkeys, though.
    Joan
  • veggy

Better go hide!