Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Maggie Darling - I totally feel the same.  We have what we have for a reason greater than we will ever know.  It's PURPOSE that we are here for ... and what ever that may be, we have to know that it was our design.  Special, just for us. 

Peace, puff, pass ...

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754

Egads Alyson!  That's one HELL of a bug!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    A few seconds ago sas-schatzi wrote:

TO ALL          OK went to Moffit today- There are 17 NIH cancer centers in the USA---Moffitt is one-----After contact with all their people------I was undecided-----then I remembered my proactive stance the last time with going for the elective BMX  which saved my life-------I then went------duh----what are you waiting for-----out it comes. ------------Now have to work on scheduling.
    At one point I said to the doc "I'm tired of cancer, I'm tired of talking about cancer, I'm tired of waking up in the morning worrying about cancer," Then I think the clincher was he said if I was 30 they would remove it , but at my age(61) they would wait till it was larger. I'm thinking bad words at this point In my mind . Then he starts talking about it negatively impacting someone's life. I say" Doc If I were to ask you on a date right now and then have to say -------well , I have this brain tumor that's being watch for cancer---what would you do" Clicked my fingers as the hand waved backwards and went PHFTT with my lips. He is a serious doc -------He leaned back and laughed.

He is also, the first doc that when asked this question which is important to my type of  brain tumor."Can you tell me that b/c it doesn't have a mass effect or edema that it's not producing estrogen and is not malignant-----His response was "No" Only doc that would commit to that statement. Give him great credit and respect for that.

I  said "I can't move on with my life till we know this is negative." One way or the other I have to tell the truth should I meet someone. Until a pathology report is in I can't do that."---------

Then on the way home, I got near a weepy spell , just  then I realized I was going to Ocala and not home--------took and extra hour , but gave me time to think and resolve. Bean is going to be history. I will add to that Bean will be history before I am.

Now I am amazed that I did not end up in a trauma unit b/c the expressway traffic is crazy. It's like Miami-------Everyone exceeds the speed limits by 20 to 40 miles per limit.Weaving in and out.

Chrissy will so get this b/c we went to Miami together-----------totally nuts

I'm going to C&P this to several threads. For all that have prayed thank you, for all that cared about what I was going to do with Bean, thank you, my resolve is strong without reservation, Sometimes a wrong turn can turn out right. L&H's Namaste sheila

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Here's one we all hear. I haven't heard it for some time until this afternoon.

Acquaintance-  How are you?

Me- I'm okay.

Acquaintance- No, how have you been dooooing? (you know the tone)

Me-(steaming up inside) I'm doing great.(sarcasm)

Acquaintance- You look really good.

Me- (What am I supposed to look like? ) yeah, thanks. (couldn't wait to get away).

It has almost been three years since I found the cancer. I want to forget about it and not have that pushed in my face. I look great because I did my hair and make up. Now I feel like I am a cancer person instead of a great looking person who for a short time went through hell and back and now wants everyone to leave it alone.  Talk to me about the weather, how your kid is a idiot or how the prices are going up on eggs but PLEASE let's not talk about cancer. 

• veggy

The radar picked something up.

Thought maybe it was the "Cure Guy".

No, it was only a glitch.

I'll keep watching.

• thefuzzylemon

RATS!!!!  I was going to use that snake...now I'll have to clean it.  Who does that guy think he is sticking my snake up his nose...Mama's coming to get ya, little snakie...

I'll just get in my car and shrooooooom on over ;)

Sas...prayers and healing thoughts always, darling.

• thefuzzylemon

Hey....maybe I can borrow hers...it looks clean...

Might have a little trouble getting it in my nose at first...

• sas-schatzi

Fuzzy thanks

BTW I think that big one----snake I mean, we all now someone that we could shove up their arse. Please repost this pic on the Bonfire site.

Veggy I can deal with the spiders. It's okay.

Allyson--glad you posted a Weta, I have a friend from NZ that kept making jokes about them, but couldn't post a pic. The look similar to our grasshoppers ------gotta go sheila

• veggy

me tonight

• thefuzzylemon

Oooooh yeah. Veggy, here's to you my friend. Bottoms up!

Do they make pipes for asparagus? There must be an Asparagus headshop somewhere right??

Sure would make smokin it easier with this snake in my nose...

• thefuzzylemon

Juat like my coffee ... I need a little variety ...

Boader patrol almost didn't let me through ...

But me, Sas and Veggy convinced them that we were Curing Us All!

It was a little scary at first ... these guys don't mess around ...

So we had lunch ... afterall, the munchies were calling ...

And then back to the boards to share our story ...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

• veggy
  • thefuzzylemon

I'd like to thank my family...my friends...my sister's on BCO...all of my fans....I'm sorta irritated with the paporazzi and the embarassing "I forgot my undies" shot...and the one where I went crazy and decided to shave my head (well, that's what the tabloids said - it was from chemo but they don't need to know that...)

LOL!!!!

• veggy
  • veggy
  • 1vamom
    1vamom Member Posts: 82

thanks for the hand veg, nobody here seems to appreciate me as much as you...

• veggy
  • sas-schatzi

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/781867?page=1#post_2830873

Anyone interested I wrote a new topic thread on constipation------ah the things we share-sheila

• thefuzzylemon

1vamom -

• Janie-bug
    Janie-bug Member Posts: 39

You guys are harlorious (spelling). You always make me smileLaughing Thanks

• 1vamom
    1vamom Member Posts: 82

thanks fuzzylemon- i'm smiling too! and can really use it, THANKS !!!!!

• sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/781867?page=1#post_2830873

Anyone interested I wrote a new topic thread on constipation------ah the things we share-sheila

• thefuzzylemon

Oh Sas. .. you are some kind of genius! LOL. Definitely conversation worthy but it scares me a little!! Asparagus has fiber right? LOL

• veggy

only if it is eaten and not smoked.

• sas-schatzi

Fuzzy, scares me too, I posted it here twice. Where's my brain. May be it's plugged up too!!!

Yup all veggies have fiber , some more than others.  Veggy is right about the veggies LOL

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

At least this lot are happy about what will become of them, maybe they have had a little smoke!!!!

• sas-schatzi

OH Allyson ----they all look so happy on their way to the dinner table sheila

• sas-schatzi

Veggy ------your card on friendship--------ditto-------((((((((H))))))))))'s sheila

• thefuzzylemon

OMG...now we have to add Lima Beans to the Cure ... Dr. Oz is all over this.  Does he even realize HOW MANY FRICKIN CURES HE'S RECOMMENDED???

Give me my tin hat ... I need to find a quite little corner now ...

puff ......... puff ......

• veggy