OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

GMA picture kind of reminds me of this morning when my most recent "adopted" son - my cook's helper and breakfast cook in his own right on Sundays - gave me a hug and said "Happy Mother's Day Mom".  Just like the mother hen trying to care for that "huge chick" I wondered how do I at 5'10' and 115 lbs hug this 6'6" lunk of a young man?  He is the only man I've ever tried to hug since probably the 6th grade who could rest his chin on the top of my head!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chabba that is so adorable--u had to smile ear to ear. Laughing

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

I graded nursing papers by hand at our local state college for a few courses I taught in the mid 80's, then  had a rude awakening in 2006 when I did a course after the school converted to on-line submission of patient assessments. Took  FOREVER to correct the student's misspellings in red type online.

They all got A's, by the way. I worried that I was too generous, but after the first month, when I showed samples of their work to the PhD. course coordinator, she agreed they were all A level submissions.

I got my undergrad degree and two masters 32 years ago on a typewriter. Then, became a grad student again 7 years later this past fall and spring. Holy macaronium, EVERYTHING was on-line, except for perhaps 9 classes all semester. I am so done! Lord only knows what it will be like in 10 more years... 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

GMA......OMG.......adorable.....love it.....

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

Shellshine - OMG what a difference between writing term papers in the 60s when I went to school and now.  I loved getting a computer generated (and therefore decent looking) work when I taught at college level in the 90s.  More recently, I was catching kids copying material directly from internet without citation.

Gma - What a cutie!

I'm off to work on those quilts.  Hope to finish up at least 2 today. 

Hoping everyone finds some joy today.  Jan I Am

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh I love that picture--so cute.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Do wish there was a like button - wonderful image.

• Alyson

He forgot the panties!!!

• Alyson

• Alyson

One of the most stupid pieces of coping I had Jan was in an essay which I looked at and thought it was familar. Searched and guess what it was from an essay I had put up as an example on a History site!!!!!! Now thats stupid.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

From the Chicken Chick - love her FB page and website:

Photo: It CAN'T be Monday already...I haven't finished my weekend yet!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Thats what I looked like today after sitting in chemo all afternoon and not getting a thing accomplished!

• duckyb1

Mary......LMAO.......

• Chrisesta67
    Chrisesta67 Member Posts: 3

Hi, Sandy. Honestly, I would love it if some so-called stupid people sent some curative ideas or cautionary tales my way. For the most part, the people in my life seem not to know what to say or do so they say and do nothing. Breast cancer = how to silence formerly talkative friends and co-workers in no more time than it takes to say the word mastectomy. If someone offered up an asparagus cure to me, at least I would know s/he was thinking about me and cared to reach across our distance somehow. At least I wouldn't feel so alone.

• Alyson

Hi Chris. Don't feel alone, come here and have a bit of fun and laugh.

Yes BC does mean silence from some people and we include them in the stupid. I have a cousin who hardly spoke to me during my treatment and later when I had a recurrance in the chest wall she broke down in tears when talking to my DH.

One thing I have found is that I call it what it is - cancer - and have asked if they are uuncomfortable with it?

Big hugs

• JAN69

Chrisesta - Ah, the silent treatment.  Isn't that a shameful human trait!  I'm sending you a boat load of asparagus.  And good wishes.  Jan I Am

• Alyson

Just seen this on FB

The fruit's extracts from Annona muricata tree selectively inhibit the growth of human breast cancer cells.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

alyson - do we have to dry it before we smoke it??  Do we use the fruit or the leaves?  Maybe wrap the leaves around the asparagus with the Cure Guy's feather?

Just curious. Let me know!

Phyllo

• JAN69

Alyson  - If I understand wikipedia correctly,  Annona muricata might cure life, too.  Seems to be neurotoxic.

• JAN69

Oh, I guess it's just the seeds you'd better not eat, but you can buy seeds online from a company in Georgia!

• Alyson

Not sure what we do with it but knowing us it will be creative, maybe dry it and sprinkle it on the asparagus.

Chrisesta and any other newer chooks head back to the beginning and have fun reading -it's well worth it but do be careful you will laugh till you cry. The silly chooks start about page 40.

Big hugs

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Any remember when I smoked cinnamon, Awful report I have. It's a thing among kids to in hale it. NEWS REPORT ON msn,   ON TOP OF THAT IT IS ABSOLUTELY --NO KIDDING ABSOLUTELY TOXIC TO THE LUNGS. PLAYING AROUND, BEING SILLY WHAT A FU

STICKING TO ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS, PUFF PUFF PASS BRWAGKKK

• Alyson

I know that SAS but this is a fruit I was told it would stop BC. I have looked it up a do suspect this like the asparagus and everything else in our cure recipe is 'stupid'. Eating the fruit won't hurt you - good siurce of vitamins.

• sas-schatzi

Hey southlander, Cinnamon like so many other things belong in a right place, Inhaling into the lungs is deadly.. So, Hen of the south whats your travel plans. Are you going to range as far and wide as Chrissy?

Alyson I'm the only one that calls ya'll southlanders. Why do I do this? I figuired it was from books as a child. Any Idea?

• sas-schatzi

Did a google search, only recent stuff related to a musical group. It' in my memory bank that at one time ya'll referred to us northlanders, and we referred to you as southlanders. Am I off the word chart? Need to know, if I'm wrong, will stop using the word

• Alyson

No idea. where you got Southlander but my friend Mel called Chrissy and I the same thing so I presume its some strange Southern habit. So its one Southern chook to another.

Getting quite a distance round US. Arriving in Vancouver then to New York, Boston, Pennsylvania to see my Aunt, will get to Philadelphia  then driving up to Toronto to visit my family DD, DSil and children, down to Denver and LA before flying home. Wish I could get to see more but time and money are a problem.

• duckyb1

Hey Aly........want to give you an early HELLO AND HOW THE HELL ARE YOU, from my neck of the woods........live right outside of Philly, in the suburbs........have a great trip.....it sounds like a blast......hugs

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Aly....have a dandy fine trip, you have some great cities to visit, if you end up stranded in NJ there is always an extra sofa in my place, sort of think you will be busy though so have a great time

let's see, in B Town, you need to get some lobsta

in Phillie it has to be a cheese steak~~

NYC, well guess it will be a really fine big bagel with everything including smoked salmon and such

so guess where my mind travels? can not help on Denver or West coast but sure others can

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Aly we call that soursop in Hawaii. I have a tree - or had one - haven't seen it in awhile!