OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I won 12 bucks....we play all kinds of different poker...wild card and all.I play texas holem on the puter,but thats free.im a gambler...at least i used to be...never had much $$$$ to lose but i would go to AC a few times a yr....no more....the only other gambling i do is the Super bowl.I did win a few times.Dont even understand the game...see i told you im a gambler....Im Italian...they gamble on anything.ha.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

The only thing I do is the $ scratch off tickets. Sometimes Ill win 10$ or so, then I turn it in and get 10 more tickets...big spender. My oldest ds went to Vegas last year and gave himself a limit of 2 hundred $ a day to gamble on. I told him he was nuts. He thought he was going to come back rich, but I had to spot him gas money the next week. What a racket.Veggy know what you mean about the pity party. Ive been like that for 2 weeks, but I cant seem to cry. I just bitch at everybody. except you guys. I know Im no fun to be around right now, thats why I hide on the computer.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Granny u bet u'r sweet a$$ we gamble on anything--it's a habit I  guess, if that's what u want to call it. I'm still waiting for the angel guy, or am I on a waiting list. Granny I used to love to play poker we did it every week for yrs. my cousins, their DH's and me and then we started loosing husbands and we stopped playing but it was so much fun, so I can imagine how much fun u have. And I'm glad u do it.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

No cure guy around here.  Live too far from civilization to see just about anybody.  A trio of squirrels were chasing the neighbors cat around the house (outside) yesterday.  Looked like all were having fun.  DD#3 and DGD#2 are going to visit tomorrow, SIL has to work (pediatric RN).  That's the goings on here.  Next week I have 2 major doctor appointments, so I'll be on the look out for cure guy.  Boring, I know....

Our neighbors that we don't talk to have guiena hens.  They look and sound so funny.   Like to have ordinary laying hens, but DH would unglue. 

I'm a retired English teacher and writing on these threads intimidates me.  I love everyone's informal writing style, humor, attitude, but I've got to learn to loosen up because I really want to participate.  Jan I Am

• marywh

Jan, you can act and be anyway you want on these threads.We are out in the boonies too, but I love it. Close enough to Charlotte to go if we wanted to, but try to stay away. Its a crazy place. I love my little farm...Although I only have the three dogs now. Used to have horses too., but never had much luck with them. They were all nuts, but I loved them.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Jan,.....and we want you to join us.....nutty bunch.....except me, I'm the pretty, intelligent sexy one that has to whip these Chicks into shape every now and then..lol

We all have a story to tell.......when no one wants to hear you, there is always an open mind and understanding heart here......so welcome

You really want a crazy crew....go to STFU thread.......now they all need help.....won't name names, cause some are on here, and you know who you are....lol

• marywh

Tongue Out

• duckyb1

Lol.....hello Missy Marywh........lol

• FireKracker

ducky....be nice...easy on the new sista...

• duckyb1

See, the Hooligans know who they are......Lol....gave yourself away Lavender.....

• JAN69

Thanks for the welcome!  I'll try to find some craziness around here sooner or later.  Right now I'm thinking I'm the crazy one.  I'm making lap quilts for a kids camp for sick kids.  I've got 30 ready to go and at least another 20 in various stages of completion.  ( I sorta do an assembly line),  Now the crazy part------ I'm so tired of the project that I want to throw in the towel.  But I've invested months of time and hundreds of dollars that I'd never get back to if I stopped.  Yep crazy goody-two-shoes!  On the other hand, it has been good for me when I get too worked up over my scarey health issues.  When I get in a ranting mood, you'll hear all about those issues.  In the meantime, back to the sewing machine.  Jan I Am

• duckyb1

Ranters welcome......ranting acknowledged here....

• FireKracker

Oh Ducky....we can add lavender to my new name.....you crack me up...we are gonna meet one day...you can bet on it.if no pa then nj...it's gonna happen....it betta happen.

• duckyb1

We will meet one day Granny....we have so much in common, other then our age...I have you by 6 years......

Been up since 4am....went to my grandsons graduation......from Franklin and Marshall College....then out to eat, back to his place to bring some things home, and then to my house....did a lot of walking, so the back and knees are killing me........really have to have my fractured vertebrae fixed.....and I need a knee replacement........calling Monday for the back....need to do this.......scared of the knee replacement...

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Jan, nice to have you. An English teacher....my heart be still! Some of the chickadees who hang out on this thread  can't spell worth sh, er, a hill of beans. It will be so nice to have a real live English teacher join us. Welcome! I think Alyson is a retired teacher, right Aly? She's a retired something that's classy, I forget what. I used to be a good writer, good grammar skills, but lately I need to spell check every other sentence. Educated by nuns - didn't appreciate them too much then, but do now. Anyway, I think teachers are the salt of the earth, the most important profession in our society. So good to have you on board to round us out!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Evening all

Well its Sunday night here. Have had a really busy day. Yes I am a retired teacher- taught history and Social Studies, and Classical Studies. Have taught English as well- have double major but my English was mainly Medieval studies and language. Well thats me but I know I'm mad.

Was up at 5am to drive 2+ hours to a meeting even though it was mother's day. Was doing a minister's development review - an appraissal. I am exhausted because they asked me to fill the sermon slot at two services so I talked about the origins of mother's day and the images of God as a mother. It was great fun really but my back and joints are killing me. Luckily DH went as driver. Did the review now just have to analyse all the questioneers that I have. One dear older lady said she didn't know what to write but that the minister was lovely so lovely she could take him home -She is actually right.

Madness resumes tomorrow when I continue the search for the cure guy.

Please pass ther asparagus, i need a realy big puff - it might ease the pain.

• duckyb1

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY............

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY AND HAPPY MEMORIES OF OUR MOMS. l&h&p'S SASSY

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Here's your roses for Mother's day - just pick one :)

tr

pink rose

Pink double rose

• gmafoley

Oh and for you all that don't like pink Wink

Just for you!

yellow rose

• duckyb1

Beautiful........

• FireKracker

To all the school teaches...I cannot spell anymore...forgive me...I have spellcheck on my iPad but not on my puter..

I think Facebook burnt out my puter...gotta leave it sleep for a while.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

ducky....I'm gonna hold you to what you said about meeting..

Huggs sistas

Grannydukes

• JAN69

I don't worry about spelling.  I taught English as a Second Language for many years.  I learned to read about anything ever written in their attempts to write in English.  It was a very fun job.

Beautiful roses.  It must be a breath-taken to see all those flowers.

Happy Mother's Day to each of you.  Jan

• camillegal

OMG I with all these people who are really smart and can type---I've only been typing for 50 years and this is as good as it gets. I have reached my peters princaple (sp) But listen please just get used to my typing and spelling cuz it is what it is--I've opened up my no breast way to all of u somewhere along the line so and shells is right there's no line here---everyone is together and we've all come together with thos horror of a disease. So we try to make the best of it.

• Alyson

Morning

Don't worry about spelling etc. One mine's terrible and like Jan I can read pretty much anything - it's amazing what i can read after years of marking interesting spelling and grammar. And typing I only learnt when computers came in - have improved to about five fingers.

Thought we might try chicken dancing.

• Alyson

Hope you had a happy mother's day.

• FireKracker

Me too.stupid cancer.

• camillegal

Allyson like those pics.

• gmafoley