OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Gma--me too we both have fried chicken brains.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Time for sleep here. Big day tomorrow, saying goodbye to the family will not be easy but then we will see then very soon.

• Alyson

Just seen this.

• camillegal

OMG that is funny---

Good Morning everyone--hope it's a good safe day.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

catnip

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh dear, looks like me on my codeine cough stuff!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Lol GMA!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

lol everybody!!!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• gmafoley

• gmafoley

Not sure how to take this one but will share it anyway.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Speaking of lost minds........years ago after my husband died, my kids began to treat me like the Village Idiot.......like I was the child, and they became the parent.......acting like him dying had caused me to become feeble minded........

One day I was at my wits end with them, and called them all to my house.........of course they came running and wanted to know "MOM, WHAT IS WRONG"............I said" nothing", just want to make this announcement once.......REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE......I LOST YOUR FATHER........NOT MY MIND.......DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR...

The parachute brought back memories.......LOL........must say when I got cancer it all started over again........but I let them alone....funny now they think I'm "CURED"..... So I'm on my own..........silly little munchkins, we are never cured..

• Alyson

Well it is here. My babies leave for Canada today!!!!

• Alyson

• gmafoley

Oh Ducky - I am really struggling with that part - "cured" "cancerfree"  I have a "friend" that said, "I just want to hear you say - I'm Cancer Free - You need to say that !"  She drove me nuts that day - Yes, I'm cancer free, but look at all the SEs I'm left with.. They call that a "cure"??? SEs from cancer treatment - SUCK! bigtime... ok I STFU now... I'm going to go sew ChickaD's surprise!  She hasn't seen the new fabric I found - Think she will love it!!! 

Oh did I say I will STFU now??? Hmmm - ok I will....

• Alyson

Don't want to get moving but we have visitors arriving just to add to the craziness of today.

• gmafoley

I miss my kitties - Where we live and with a doggy door, it would be hard to keep the kitties in. Outside is too dangerous - kitties don't last long with eagles, hawks, cougars and bear.

• gmafoley

My other life as a toon!

toon

• gmafoley

grammie

• camillegal

Have u all finally lost u'r mind???? YYYAAAYYY Now u really understand me. Finally we know their is no cure.

Now whoever asked about being cured--do they know the CURE cuz ask them immediately. Everyone wants to know then we wouldn't have 1,000 SE's to deal with for for ever?????

• Alyson

• camillegal

OMG that's me. hahaha

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Lol Alyson. I'll sit that one out with Cami.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I just heard an interview with the scientist who discovered BRCA1 gene. She's local at the University of Washington. She makes her research public because "if public money paid for it (NIH), the public should have access to it." She said there's a new test being developed. Women will have a choice of ways to be tested and can't be held hostage to one manufacturer who can charge anything they please. YAY!! We need more like her.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I heard something this morning that courts were trying to rule on if it was legal to paten and limit access to something such as genes like this

sorry if I am not more clear but it sounded possitive to me~

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

It's very positive. No human genes can be patented. It means anyone can do research on the gene, not just the company with the patent.