OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

I dont know, really he just looked like something that would sting me.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OK Mary u also need a psychiatrist (sp) I keep on hearing fireworks forgetting what tomorrow is and I'm like what the hell is going on. Boy am I out of tune.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

For those in the US.

• camillegal

Those are cute, I tried one but it made the page huge, I'll try again.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Awwww, thanks Allison!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• marywh

cute!!!

• Alyson

Would have to be a lot of magic potion to work for me!!!!!

• camillegal

There is no magic potion strong enough for me--it would be nice tho.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• camillegal

That's the way to have coffee. Finally. LOL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Unfortunately - my caffeine comes this way but I am actually

After a year of slowly getting off (with help of my ONC nutritionist) I am down to 2 a day! Used to drink 5 of these a day:

• Alyson

• camillegal

Alyson, so true. I end up in the hospitl more often that I like, but they have a Starbucks--so everyone thinks I'm crazy cuz I wait for my Starbucks--I get so excited--with all these tubes and things inside and I'm happy about Starbucks.

OK this is probably what my GS relly thinks of me--I just found this note that he wrote----How to turn on the A/C----turn switch to cool.Obviously there is no cure for Stupid--I'm proof. 

• Alyson

• marywh

Oh Maxine, you are the bomb...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson and ChrissyB, I've called you all southlanders forever. When I asked you or Chrissy. if(you) had you ever heard that term, whomever stated no. Well, I signed off STFU by saying I was going to find the southlanders. So then googled it. It exists. I must have seen it as a young one in a book. To you, we then could be oppositely termed the northlanders if you care.

dictionary.reference.com/brows...

Sounds a strange thing to think about, but I never understood on either sides of the ponds why no one new the term....it was so clear to me the usage, ergo, something wasn't right. I guess it's a very fallen away term.  But I like it b/c it's ecompassing. When I say southlanders, I'm thinking Austarlia, Auckland , New Zealand(sic?)

• Alyson

Sas I know the term southlanders and here there is further meaning as I am certainly one as I come from the South Island and my family are real Southlanders because that's where they come from and where thr next stop south is the Antartic. The term used to be used in seashanties amd folk songs as well. And yes you are definitely Northlanders though I think the term really refers to Canadians and Scots.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Cami, I know what you mean about the starbucks. I sent DH and DD home after my mx because they both looked like they were about to fall asleep and fall out of their chairs. The next morning DD showed up before breakfast with my latte. It tasted wonderful! I don't know what they do to hospital coffee, but it isn't pretty.

• camillegal

Wren to me that's so silly, we're in a hospital and think of starbucks hahaha

• spookiesmom

It's not just the coffee that's not nice. How can they call that "stuff" food is beyond belief. I wouldn't let Spookie have it!

• Alyson

Your hospital coffee must be really bad if you think Starbucks is great!!!! HAHA. I hate Starbucks, sorry girls. We had been led to believe that you lot had great coffee but it is generally terrrible and this is not only my opinion. New Zealanders and Australians have taken to coffee and really have perfected the technique of making it. A girl that we know from the US lamented was having to live without Starbucks when she came here for a year. On leaving she lamented ever getting a good cup of coffee again as she had been so spoilt here. (We do have Strbuck in the big cities and its fine for your fancy drinks but not for COFFEE.)

Food sounds very similar to our hospital, that is unless you are in a private hospital and then its really good.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Alyson, I totally agree about Starbucks and American coffee in general.  I love coffee but rerely drink it anywhere but at home.  We do have one coffee stand here in town thatt makes a passable cup but I wouldn't call it good.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305

In 2008 or 2009, it was August anyway, I received 2nd and 3rd degree burns from a defective, exploding tiki torch. I was in the Burn ICU for a while. Can you believe they served SMOKED SAUSAGE to a burn unit??? The smell was sickening!!!!!!!! I mean really. I had to laugh. Of course, they did have me on a LOT of pain meds.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Sorry, Alyson and Chabba, but I like Starbucks.  I won't drink their drip coffee.  (It used to be good, but in order to please most Americans they ruined it (IMO) and made it too much like something you'd get at McDonalds).  But I do like their espresso.  Not saying that there isn't better espresso around, as there certainly is, but not from a chain (IMO). Theirs is consistent, and (again IMO) well done - not great, but good.  I've had so much really crappy coffee, that I appreciate their consistency. 

I drink their tea as well, but prefer Barnes and Watson tea, personally. 

• Alyson

Have to confess I haven't had espresso from Starbucks as there are just so many good places to get coffee. I only drink espresso, usually a double and yes I am very fussy about my coffee. We can get passable espresso from McDonalds - they have had to because of the competition

Now my tea is totally different as I have it really really weak so normally don't drinl coffee when I am out.

• Alyson

• camillegal

Alydon I bet the coffee there is better as it is in certain places in Europe. Well I don't know, but my dad would tell me coffe here is not the best in the world. But I do like Starbuck's it's pretty good. better than mine and I'm fussy bout my coffee. And the hospitals around where I live in IL the food is fantastic, u call anytime order what u want and it's ver good. Made when u order it, and it's open til 10PM and I like the idea that u;r not on their schedule so I had no compaints about food.

• spookiesmom

I'm a Starbucks girl at home and out. I can't stand the canned crap, McDs or anything else. It all smells and tastes like the chemicals they use to process it. Starbucks uses a water process