OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG those legs are so ugly with those ugly feet, but u all know I'm not a lover of birds of thing that have wings. Chevy of course thinks they are so cutesy. Not me Ducky, And yes her legs were insured for like 1,000,000--which for those day was a fortune beyond belief.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

The legs were really ugly, but the color is pretty..I wish we had birds like that around here. We did have a bear wondering around though-which is pretty unusual. He was pretty close to our house, about 7 miles away. Thats a little too close for me...he vanished and nobodys seen him since.That was 2 days ago...Im keeping my eye out..

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

That swamp hen looks like she could do some serious bug digging with those nails.

• camillegal

I don't like animals where they shouldn't belong, of course we go and dig out theire place called home, so i guess we should expect it.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

me pet peeve is people that take their dogs to flea markets or to parks where kids are running around.....guess I am a B oh yea no guess I AM!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all

Actually quite early here. DD needs to go out to the airport and Dh is going to take her. Doesn't matter how old they are my DD's have their father round their liitle finger.

Back to birds. I don't like touching birds other than hens. The pukeko is a very strange bird really,  have a look at these adverts   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw8QJWdC650 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghGPbuqj2As

Well chooks I need a big puff today to get going. Please pass

• camillegal

thanks Ayson--Birds tht's all we're talking about lately --one of my least fav subjects but if that what's chosen OK

• Alyson

Cami, would rather check out the cure guy except its rather cold here at present. We became chooks many pages ago.

Maybe one of these is the cure guy-

Though I think they are too young!!!

I need a coffee.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

coffee

• Alyson

Have coffee!!! The world is looking better already.

• luvmygoats

I do not function without my morning coffee. In fact a nice cup of iced coffee sounds great right now since its 107 outside. If I wanted to live in the desert I would move there. Gesh! I think I need a popsicle. Just came in a bit ago from getting goats cold water. Not a cloud in the sky. WeatherUndergound says its almost 110. PTL we are getting a "cold front" tomorrow. 90s sound good right now. I get tired of sitting in the dark house with the curtains closed. Thank goodness no where to be until Sunday morning church. Need to find something that does not require pantyhose.

I'm with you Blondie. Hate dog poop and chewing gum.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

ok, confession, been drinking huge things of ice coffee every morning untill recently, I am...sick of it!

coffessed to having a snapple ice tea this morning.....

• marywh

Cant drink coffee or anything with caffeine in it, so my morning drink is.......pedialite with water-Yum!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Zometa day!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I drink iced tea all day, every day, all year long

• proudtospin

I used to be a tea junkie but gave it up when my bladder got crankie....interesting but finally got that under control so back to ice tea!

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617

Luvmygoats: please throw away all of those panty hose! It is too hot to even think of them.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Panty hose are great for tying up plants such as tomatoes. Wearing? Awful.

• camillegal

Wow I haven't worn pantyhose in a xillion yrs. Nothing can hold me in, plus going to the bathroom is a pain in the neck. U se them for Tomatoes---good thinking

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617

I put all of my unopened panty hose in the charity box for pick up......maybe maybe they will help somebody else's tomatoes!

• Alyson

Sensible things to do with pantyhose -http://www.instructables.com/id/25-Unique-Uses-for-Pantyhose

You can make things with then - have made dolls heads. You can make fairy wings and if we had some pink ones we could make pink fairy wings for grannydukes LOL.

Actually I do still wear pantyhose but now more often wear heavier tights in the winter but have put pantyhose on under legging for warmth. Certainly don't wear them in the summer if I can get away with it.

This is evidently made from panthose so an idea for all you creative one!!!!

• marywh

Alyson, thats very creative,but, what is it and what would you do with it?Smile

• proudtospin

it is a work of art of course !

hang it on the wall

• marywh

He would actually make a good wind-chime hanger. I dont think I own a pair of panty-hose though. Probably wont until ds wedding in November, and I dont know if Ill be able to get them on then. I dont bend at the right places anymore...

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

so the subject is now pantihose....gotta tell ua a story

its the truth.

when i was workin in AIG pantihose was a must...all yr.round.Well when 9/11 happened we had to get to Ny by boat.yeah boat.it was like 100 deg.and the boat was delayed...people wehre everywher.Now dont forget i freekin hate the summer and i was dying with those damn panti hose with no boat in sight.i gathered all my friends to cover me up and bam i ripped those suckers off and started to swing them around and into the water they went....the croud went wild.remember only my friends(female) saw me pick up my skirt but it was soo funny that everyone was screamin and laughing at the same time.

Now i have a wedding July 12th.freekin hot summer but im wearing a dress soooo I do need pantihose once again...do i like them...hell no.but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

• marywh

How I would have loved to seen that one.I hate them too, cant say Ive ever ripped them off and thrown them anywhere though.lol.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

OK here's my pantyhose story.  I haven't worn them since we moved to the mountains more than 20 years ago.  My mother died about 3 years ago and I had some "leftover" pantyhose still in package.  Packed them for the trip to funeral.  They were so old (pantyhose) that the stretch top was shot.  I had no choice but to wear them, but what a pain to make sure the panty part didn't let go and roll down.  Went to a friend's funeral last summer and NO ONE wore pantyhose!  Her granddaughter even wore a strapless sundress!  No taste around here, even me.  I'm boobless and run around everywhere that way.  However, I've never ripped off my pantyhose and swung them around.  Just sayin.  J

• luvmygoats

Oh Mary - I SOOO know about not bending in the right places. It is a struggle to get toes in at all and then the rest must follow. I so wish I had nice looking legs. I could deal with elephant legs and cankles if the color was pretty. Looked down the line in SS this morning and sure enough I was the only one in pantyhose. Two in pants and the rest is sundresses/skirts/sandals. Even when it was cool enough to get some sun on them they still are veiny. I could handle pale. Never had pretty skin. DH has skin like a girl, WTH???

Granny Dukes - To top it off pantyhose are hard to find even Legs Brand. They had $8 Hanes hose at Target of all places. My favs are Penneys brand but hard to find. I do wear tights in the winter to church. Sorry you were involved in 9/11 but your hose story is priceless.

Beatmon - I wish I had some tomatoes to tie up. I think blight has already taken 2 of 4 I planted. You get the "cool" weather? Somewhere between 95-97 here right now. I lived in El Paso in high school so know hot.

Think I see strawberry limeade in my future. Have some that need to be used up.

• Alyson

Well Dh did brimg me a cup of tea before he left but now -

Love the pantyhose stories. I wore them to DS's wedding and did wear them when DD got married, it was a very hot summer day. Actually got out of them and changed shoes before the reception. I wear tights and have fallen in love with leggings and even wear mid calf ones under summer dresses/ long tops.

Must do something about the coffee.  Feel an bit like this at the moment.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150