OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

By the way...I have another great granddaughter.....born July 4th......her name is Shea-Lynn..

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Ducky congratulations--such a pretty name and such a blessing.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Oh Congrats to you, Ducky, what fun. I love little babies. Dh and I were talking about it yesterday,ds and his gf spend alot more time with her parents than at our house as they are avid golfers and we're not avid anything. I told him, just wait, we'll be the ones they ask to baby-sit.....

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Ducky......congratulations!!!!! And keep those stories coming....you should be writing all

all this down....while we still have some brain cells left.....ha ha ha

• duckyb1

Scottie...I have 18 grandchildren, so there are many hysterical stories. Thy do keep you laughing....even now that they are older.....

When my daughter Ginny was in first grade in Catholic schoolI I would give her milk money (back then 5 cents), and she would put it in her uniform pocket......well the pocket got a hole in it......so for 3 days she put the nickel in the pocket with the hole when walking up to pay for her milk......each day she came home and said...."mom, Sister said for you to sew the hole in my pocket"........by the 3rd day I got sick of hearing it, so I said to my daughter......"you tell Sister if she wants the hole fixed so damn bad, then she can sew it"........and the next day when the Nun said it that is exactly what Ginny told her....................then Ginny came home that afternoon and said to me......"mommy. sister said to tell you...."she got your message"..........."what does that mean", and guess who was President of the school PTA....yep.....ME.......

• Scottiee1

Love it....lol....Ducky....I think there is a "children's book" in there somewhere.....lol

• marywh

lol.ducky. When oldest ds was in kindergarten,he was the king in the christmas play. It was a big deal. First I was late for the play, and they had to wait for the kings mother to get there. Then as the play was going on it was being video-taped for the whole school to see, the "king" did the entire play with his finger up his nose.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• Scottiee1

Oh Mary that's priceless....now I think you and Ducky should get together and write a book.....lol

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

My grandma started a book about my age and put down all her family memories and it was published after her death.  I have the original type and written copy.. Loved the old kids songs and tales of how she got her name... I wrote a list of things I want to pass down to the kids but haven't written the stories down yet.. But I agree.. Mary and Ducky you all should get together and write a book of "What grandkids say"!!! 

• marywh

Oh, both my boys were wild, the stories I could tell you, Im just so glad I had a girl between the 2 boys. She was my saving grace. She has decided her 1 boy is enough, and doesnt want anymore...

• duckyb1

The 2 grand kids I watch now are 14, and 12....when they were babies my grandson was standing watching me change his baby sister's diaper.......(he was 2)............I could see the wheels spinning as he looked in amazement.........after about 3minutes of observation he said to me........"Nannie, how come Makayla has 2 hinies, and no birdie.....try explaining that one to a 2 year old......

He really did not like her much, and one day he said to me........"Nannie, can we send Makayla back now, she stayed long enough"..............hysterical.....

• marywh

I wont bore you with all my stories but the one that sticks out in my mind, When all my kids were little, we went to the beach for the 4th of July. We went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff and while we were there youngest son disappeared in the store. Looked everywhere for him. All of a sudden we hear over the loud speaker to please evacuate the store. I was kind of frantic cause I couldnt find Rob anywhere.All of a sudden here comes the manager dragging Rob by the shoulder. I think he was about 4 at the time. Anyway the manager is pissed ands says Mam, your son was hiding behind an empty register pushing the silent alarm....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Ducky, My Mom made a little pocket in the shape of a duck. It pinned on my dress and was just the right size for lunch money. Closed with a little snap. She never made lunch after I started school. And when my Father retired, she informed him that she married him for better or worse, not for lunch. So they went to the cafeteria every noon for lunch.

• duckyb1

Wren......when I worked I never took lunch, unless it was salad......always ate at the cafeteria, or out somewhere.....hated sandwiches unless it had all the fixins....lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Lovely stories ladies.

Hated school lunches really but it was sandwiches most days plus a piece of cake and some fruit. Never varied.Bought lunches very occassionally, well you could only get them on a Monday anyway. No cafeteria in those days. Somedays we could actually buy fish and chips but not very often.

DS always had plain ham sandwiches - he made them himself - and when he was about 11 I discovered he was selling them.

Grandchild story; everytime I speak to them on skype DGS has to kis me goodbye. DD says the screen is getting rather sticky. It is so sweet. DGD blows kisses. I really am missing them.

Ducky congrats on the new baby.

Must go, actually who has the asparagus as I do need a big puff to get me moving this morning.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

It's afternoon here and I need a puff to get moving too.

• marywh

No asp. here but I do have a lovely bunch of mushrooms I'll share...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson please describe coffee type and the process you use to make it. If you do this, please Pm it to me too, as I'm off and on thanks in advance :) sassy.

• FireKracker

Marywh.me no like mushrooms.

• Scottiee1

I've got some brownies I can send to those in need......💃

• marywh

Just what kind of brownies are we talking about Scottiee? and Granny, I dont eat them, i grind them up and put them into capsules. They're good for your skin.

• Scottiee1

Mary....brownies stuffed with asparagus.....ha ha ha ...got to keep up with my veggies.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

Scotti   Where do you get your ingredients?

• Scottiee1

Jan.....you can buy them anywhere, but Jan...lol.....I've never made one myself.

• FireKracker

Marywh.....u will love my brownies...yummy.come on over and ill give you some.lol.

• marywh

Be there in a jif.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I have some extra bacon!

• FireKracker

Ill be waiting with open arms and a big batch of brownies.

They have your name on it.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

You better have some for me when I get there!!!