OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Ok new subject for you. Bugs .Just got back from the emergency room after getting stung by something on my front porch! Was going into anaphylactic(sp) shock, and dont even know where I got stung or what stung me.And I was So pretty, hives, eyes swollen shut,wheezing. This is like the 4th time in 2 years its happened. Cant do the allergy tests due to chemo,so they pumped me up with More benadryl, steroids(arghhhhhhhh) and anti-nausea meds and sent me on my merry way.Im going to bed now. As my late bil used to say, Sh@% happens and then you die.Ha.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Very silly bug to bite Mary!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Mary, have they suggested an EPI pen? DD is allergic to walnuts and she carries one.

• marywh

I have one that I carry with me all the time, but they didnt want me to use it cause my heart rate was so high.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary, I'm gonna look for a "pink" space suit for you girl so you can get out and about.

Oh God, I hope the Princess doesn't read the "pink" word....lol

• marywh

I have a    bright yellow bee keepers suit that I really wore when I had my face surgery. That was back when I had my horses, and I couldnt figure out what to wear to the barn. It was one of those with the screen all around the head-damn, if I didnt look charming in it. Horses wouldnt let me get near them.lol.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

oh Mary, please be careful, I was just about to say epi pen when you said you could not use it!  I know my former BIL got stung once and they rushed him to hospital, he did not even realize he was alergic so it is right dang confusing.

But I know what my doc told me when I had reaction to motrin the first time, be very careful as each time you have a reaction, it will be worse!

Careful babe!

• marywh

Thats whats so scary about it. I dont know what got me. Didnt feel it stinging me I have a feeling it was an ant but just not sure. Im very allergic to ant bites.but never saw the little sucker., So dh has rigged me up a smoking room in our spare bed-room.Db is supposed to be out next week to start on my porch, but have been hearing that for 3 weeks. Hoping this spurs him on...I will not live inside the rest of my life. somebody said something about a buuble, the idea sounds better and better, cant you just see rolling around in a plastic bubble? Our nieghbors think we're weirdos anyway. That would really top it off.lol

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

well just let your neighbors think what they want, you just take care of yourself,

wish I had a good suggestion on how to avoid the dang bugs, I got bit by a deer tick and ended up with lyme disease years ago but I never say the silly tick!

cover up when out is my thought~~

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Mary that's a scary thing, my cousin is like that and in the summer it's really difficult to be outside there are so many little things flying around.

Granny that was a hoot about u;r panty hose--u made a bad day inton a good laugh for alot of people.

I don't even own panty hose I hate them and if anyone needs them it's me. but can't stand them. The only really good thing about them is if u'r robbing a bank, putting them over u'r head will disfigure u'r face enough so no one will know how to identify u.

• marywh

Now I dont know how true this is but a friend of mineyears ago told me that if you put a bar of soap in a pair of panty-hose, and you beat somebody with it, it wouldnt leave bruises. She used to do it to her dh when he was passed out...never knew what hit him...lol. Never tried it myself, although the idea was tempting sometimes....

• camillegal

Hmmmm more uses for panty hose--that sounds good. LOL

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• veggy

• marywh

I Love Maxine.....shes such a trooper!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Maxine is my hero!!!!

Go Veggy!!!!!

• Alyson

• camillegal

I'd vote for her too--She's at least funny.

• Alyson

• Alyson

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• camillegal

GMA    ahahahahaha

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

GMA  OMG so true!  Sometimes I look in mirror and see my mother instead.  Worse than that, I sometimes see my grandmother!   Yikes, I wonder what my grandkids see when they look at me.

I'm off to get a haircut.  I always had very curly hair.  Post chemo hair is straight and lifeless.  Kinda like me, I guess.

• Alyson

Love it Gma.

• Alyson

Actually I am not out of bed. Intend to read the paper before I think about getting up.

• marywh

Any body see the bug on the google sign in page today? Thats the one that got me!!!!!!!!

• camillegal

Marywh how do u know--u said u didn't see it--if u know that;s good but I don't kniw cuz my computer goes o different opening pages ak the time. It's got a mind of it's own and it's a crazy mind. Hmmm kind of reminds me of someone.