OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

ok, I am wierd, been a coffee junkie of my local convenience store and loved theirs.  Never liked Starbucks

recently have gone cold turkey and back to my original fav.....ice tea!

it is likely a phase.....

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Had Starbucks once..........diesel fuel.......threw out the whole lb........like drinking mud....God bless those who can drink it....give me my Keurig.......love it, and the variety you can get without changing pots.......yum,.....always right there waiting for you.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Well im not a coffee drinker.Dh is.Future dil is a manager at starbucks so dh gets pounds and pounds of it for free. He loves it.

• duckyb1

Mary........it is so strong......if you ever decide to clean your whole house ( windows included)........drink a cup.......you will complete the task in 1 hour....lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hope this reflects your day. (Its Monday here now)

• proudtospin

oh, so cute

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Hey ducky there you are.How was the shore?its so freekin hot here.

Was you new great grandchild born yet?

I don't talk about coffee cause I cannot drink it.grrrrrrr..

Anyway welcome back.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

AWWWWWW c'on!!!!! Starbutts isn't THAT strong. I only have espresso at home, double shot in the am and back to bed in an hour. And sleep soundly

• marywh

Oh Ducky And Granny? Yay!!!!!!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Ducky - Starbucks makes a bunch of different coffee "strengths".  I like the really strong/bold coffees like Sumatra or Komodo Dragon.  They used to serve those all day long.  Unfortunately (for me) most people apparently like a more mild coffee, so they now have the Pike Street Blend - which I dislike, and they've come out lately with an even lighter coffee - but the name escapes me at the moment.  To me the light ones taste like coffee you'd get at McDonalds.  As a result, I never buy their drip coffee anymore.  When I have coffee there I get a triple tall breve latte, and then I'm a happy camper.  :)  Though sometimes I just get a double espresso.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Garden I hink it's called Blonde or something like that very light---Not for me either. No one likes me to make coffe I try to not make it to strong, but everyone is like how can u drink this and I think if I'm going to drink it I want to taste it. My dad and I always shared coffee in the morning and he's make it so strong, my mom would out hot water in it. my mom was wimpy that way, but I got used to my dads I stopped there everymorning before work for like 1/2 hr and had 2 cups of xoffee just with him, my mom would still be in bed. So tjat's where i got it from.

Ducky u'rback--u've been missed--were sll talking about u getting home. Did u have a good time? I hope so. We're all rainy here this week so water is around us here too. Glad u'r home safe and sound.

• proudtospin

my nephew  worked for starbucks for a time, he was in New Orleans when Katrina hit, and his girl friend was prego.....interesting time for him!  But Starbucks aside from giving employees a bag of coffee each week, I still have a couple of bags!  they were a good employer duing that really wacky time.  After it was all over and cleaned up, they offered him a job anywhere in the country as bonus for having worked in the Katrina clean up

He picked North Carolina for his new home!  

• marywh

Well, heres a little story that happened yesterday while gs and I were at Wal-mart. He has just recently been very obsessed with me only having 1 boob. He just cant figure it out. I dont were a prosthetic boob, so Im flat on that side. So we were in the check-out line and he announces in a really loud voice, My Grammy only has one boob. and looks around to see if he drew anybodies attention, of course he did, and then says, It got sick and fell off.Embarassed

• duckyb1

Like I said .....threw out a whole bag of Starbuck's after 1 brew.......like jet fuel.....last thing my stomach needed...lol

Weather was great...came home on Saturday night to avoid the Sunday rush back......I hate traffic....

Made spaghetti and crabs for dinner (11 of us), which was my grandson's request, and left around 7:30pm......nice weekend cause I saw my newlywed grandson and his wife who flew in from Chicago on Wednesday night, and we drove down together.......not sure when I will be back down.......oh well.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

Mary - Out of the mouths of babes!  So cute!  So funny!  I love it.  Hope you have some place you can write that down and give it to him when he's old enough to be embarressed.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary- I loved your GD saying it got sick and fell off. Can I use that explanation? Too cute.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Mary, Definitely my big laugh of the day! I've thought of explaining it to GS by saying it's like an apple with a bad spot. When you see that you cut it out. But if you discover there's a lot of bad spots, you throw the apple away. I do wear my foob around them, so it doesn't usually come up.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary, that's hysterical!!!!!...as Jan said....out of the mouth of babes......lol...

• camillegal

Mary that's hysterical----everyone had to be laughing.

• marywh

I dont know I just kind of smiled, grabbed him and my stuff and was out the door before anybody could say anything, but as we were walking out, he was waving at everybody like he'd done something really special.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Mary we had better not put him with my GD who, at two was sitting on my knee at a cafe when she looked down my blouse and annouced ' Granny that boob is not real your real one its broken cause they had to cut it off, that one is real!! Another day I was having my check up and DD and children had come with me. GS was a baby and DD sat feeding him. BS was talking to them and asked GD what GS was doing. She answered that he was having a drink and added, 'do you know that Granny has only one boob cause the other one had to be cut off, but that's alright isn't it? BS and another person in the waiting room were laughing so much. The woman waiting later said that it had given her something to smile about  on a difficult day.

Children are just so open about things. GS, now a toddler would pat me and comment that my prosthesis was my funny boob but as yet not loudly or publically.

• camillegal

They are so funny they know enoight to say something that ends up being hysterical--Those are smart kids.

• duckyb1

When my husband died 21years ago my 4 year old grandson saw me sitting in deep thought about a week later.......he said to me "Nannie you really miss Poppie don't you"............I said, "yes Joey, I do"..........he said "I knowthat Is why every night when I say my prayers I pray for you to die so you can be with Poppie".........absolute true story.......today that boy is 25....,.,,,lol

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

I love the kiddy stories....keep them coming!!!!!

Ducky that is too funny. Did you ever tell him that one?

• duckyb1

Oh yes, and we laugh about it.......

• camillegal

I laughed out loud Ducky, hahaha--they mean to say comforting things but what comes out is anyones guess.

• camillegal

Proud I meant to mention this and maybe I did but that was great what Starbucks did. Not many places are loyal to their employees anymore.

• duckyb1

Another grandson was in kindergarten, and came home and said to my daughter.....Mommy, guess what I saw today.........she is waiting with baited breath for a story of true discovery......she says "I can't imagine Patrick, what did you see"........his answer.......WAX IN ALI SHAN'S EARS......peed my pants at that story....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I have two grandsons that know grandma has a boo boo and they have to sit and hug on the other side but they haven't said it in public in front of me.. But I hear from my daughter that the 3 year old tells everyone about me for about a week after his visits with me LOL.. Funny thing is, the younger one is a Grandpa's boy, and only is with me when he wants to play ToonTown with his brother and I.  ToonTown is an online game for kids where they can play with other people. The rule at the moment is its a "Grandma Thing" and they only get to play with grandma and grandpa's toons when they are with us...