OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

If you love nurses, click LIKE and let us know!!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245

LOVE this photo, GMA. So sorry about your friend.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

GMA - you've got lovely Grands.  I feel for you only seeing the occasionally.  Our grands live in Hawaii and we only get to see them once a year or less. 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Aww Gma.im so sad for you

I lost 2 friends this month

That was so hard

Ya no u can put her on the angel thread,lots of prayers go for u and her.

You and the grands look great...

Beautiful pic,needs a frame.

Ill be back

Xo grannydukes

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

GG.....wow that must be tough.......thank heaven for Skype, FaceTime, and th like......hopefully you have one of those.......

I am fortunate...I have 18........only 2 are far away.......brothers, both in Chicago......but guess what...having them close (only 20 minutes away).......does not mean they are knocking your door down to see you......lol... But at least hey are nearby.......hugs

• gardengumby

We Skype occasionally - mostly use the phone, though, as it's less problematic.  My son (their Dad) isn't good about arranging things, his wife is - but mostly so they can talk to her Dad Smile.  We'll see them this November and I'm really looking forward to that (both seeing them and being in Hawaii).  Our family in general is fairly weird, though - not that many people, but lots of angst and little contact. 

• duckyb1

Garden ..........in our family we have saying...WE PUT THE "FUN" IN DYSFUNCTIONAL......

• gardengumby

I think we're just dysfunctional without the fun part....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Scottee! so glad you made it home safely and had a good time. Veggy glad your home. hope you're feeling better. On top of all my other chit going on I have an infected lymph node in my armpit..Hurts like hell, Ive been laying low this week hoping this antibiotic will do the trick...

• duckyb1

Mary......hugs.....

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731

Scotti  Missed you, but knew you were having fun with friends.  So happy for you.

Mary  Hope that antibiotic does the trick.  I've never heard of an infected lymph node.  Sounds serious.  Please rest and let the medicine work.

Functional and dis family ladies, well, I'm trying to think of something meaningful to say, but, well, ok, hugs.

Phyllis  moan and groan all you need.  Just hope it works.  Do you have any company with your misery?  hugs

I've been through a scare from a spike in my TM, but now it is back to normal.  I'm such a mental case, believing I had mets and was actually starting to develop all kinds of symptons that somehow have disappeared today.  Now I'm off to the neurologist's office to get my lab records. She's never in the office and won't call me back.  She cancelled today's appointment and can't reschedule until October.  OK I'm done.

And to all, a happy weekend.  Jan

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary- hugs!

I feel like I am on a leash with this oxygen and tubing. I had some nasty nightmares on the oxygen. I wish i could forget them.I'm trying to get some work done, slowly of course. I managed to get four loads of clothes folded.

It's great to be home and yelling at my guys and telling them what to do. Now they are just doing things without being asked. The hospital called to see how I was doing. I told them that I miss one of my nurses. She was so nice.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Big hugs to everyone. So pleased to see you home Veggy.

It has been a realy hard week with one friend losing battle with BC -10 years and another not going well. Really didn't help my state of mind.

I miss my babies terribly - they are the ones who have moved to Canada. I have had some lovely cards wriiten by my almost 5 year old DGD and both of them like chatting on skype although it is difficult to understand what DGS is actually saying. It is very sweet when he kisses me goodbye though.

Saturday morning and guess what----

Have to wait as we are having brunch with DS and DDiL - two hours will I survive.

Big hugs

• gardengumby

It's 2:30 Friday afternoon here in Seattle, and I just had to go get a cup of coffee (Starbucks is in my bldg) as I was so dozy, that I was afraid I was going to fall asleep at my desk!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary and Jan...thanks for the welcome home....if you go to the 2013 survivor thread there are some pics.....had a blast with some of the most amazing women I've had the privilege of meeting.

Alyson....condolences ....hard to lose a friend.

Veggy.....hang in there....hope it won't be for long.

Everyone else....((((()))))

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson so sorry about your friends passing and the other not doing well

Granny the same. Sad

Veggy, at least you can tell the boys it'll be easier to lasso them when you need them LOL.

Mary good luck with the antibx. My twin had to do it frequently over 16 years. and it always worked for her. Hers almost always started with bug bites. So praying that this will do the trick for you. :) We'll celebrate when that porch is done and do a happy dance.

Jan miss you come visit us on STFU when you have time

• marywh

Where is everybody????????????Hellooooooooooooooooooo?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

hmmm, doing some work on a business proposal but sure would rather  be looking for the cure~!

• veggy

Lurking..

• FireKracker

Me too,,,lurking.

Veggy how u doin?

Proud----business proposal,,,hmmm.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

This is loading sooooooooooooooo slow bet everybody gave up

• FireKracker

I thought it was just me

Time to contact the mods and see what's wrong

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

The mods put a note out this past week that they were working on the problem. Wouldn't hurt to ask for an update.

• veggy

Im just sitting around doing nothing and its getting to me.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,504

Hey all, 

We agree the site is very slooooooow today (and has been off and on this past week).

Thanks all for your patience...we are working on it and hope to have a solution soon!

(((The Mods)))

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

well good to know it is not my computer but you guys!

• FireKracker

Thank you for the quick response

Xo to the mods.

Grannydukes

• Alyson

Started writing then lost it. Nevermind. Have found BCO slow as well but open well this morning. It's Monday here.

Having my cup of tea then I must get moving as I have a report to write before a friend comes for lunch. But meantimes.

Obviously a bad hair day.

• marywh

Sitting around doing nothing too. computer has been soooo slow, just like everything else...Scottiee was supposed to look for the cure guy while she was on her trip....

• Alyson

I think I spotted him the other day - oh my he was beautiful but I was driving and he was crossing the road. Not a young hunk but just stunning.

I promise i will keep looking once I set out on our trip which is now less than four weeks away.