OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Didn't know the term was used in the US. Quite common here and it is the young who are using it again.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I've only been hearing it used by younger adults referring to "old people".

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I associate it with my great grandparents. And English novels.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I'm hoping this will be me:

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

that's a plan!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I went shopping today with my son.

Question: Did anyone get a fuzzy face after chemo? What did you do about the fuzz?

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Veggy, I never got fuzzy, but I did have a few wild hairs that grew on my chin...I just shaved them off.

• veggy

I had an inch of fine fuzz, like sideburns and beard. I shaved them off last night. I just hope it doesn't grow back.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

sounds like a reaction to the meds, pal of mine got that when she was on cortizon years ago, it went away eventually

• Alyson

I got fuzzy veggy and it did go away. It was quite a downy fuzz- no hair anywhere else though at the time. There is a topic on BCO 'Facial hair after chemo'

Gma I sitting with you on that bench planning what wicked thing to get up too next. Which makes me think - what am I going to do now, Think its coffee time.

Be good.

• marywh

Oh Alyson I cant believe you would EVER be wicked.... Is it my imagination or is the board getting slower and slower computer wise? Anybody else having trouble?

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Mary.....it's not you.....it's happening to all of us.....the mods are working on it.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

It's been slightly better for me today. Lately it's been slow for everyone - watching paint dry. Maybe they're trying to get the impatient people to leave (like me).

• proudtospin

guess you can count me as impatient, was blaming my computer but nothing else is a problem

someone needs a new IT manager~~

• Alyson

• Alyson

Mary thought for a minute that you meant we were getting slower!!!

Told DD I was slow today  and her reply was -'can't you find your broomstick?'  They are never too old to clip round the ears; problem was she was on the other end of the telephone.

• marywh

Must have been Snippy DD Day today...Mine was full of herself too. She found out her husband is engaged again, he and dd arent even divorced yet. His girlfriend is her ex-best friend. He is such a butt-wipe...

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

OMG, had a follow up appointment with my PS. First words out of his assistant's mouth, "My, you look chipper today." I literally stopped in my tracks, saw each of your faces in a huge group and blurted out, " How am I supposed to look? Everything is good." 

• gardengumby

what's with this "chipper" thing?  A chipper is what you put sticks in and get out wood scraps to put in your yard.  Laughing

• gmafoley

Comparision shopping lol - What Does Chipper really mean??

Were they calling you a chipmunk?? 

Or was it a smiling lion?

I think I would have growled myself - I try not to take the things people say wrong but is hard to do..

• gardengumby

maybe they were saying that you looked mean enough to chew sticks???? Laughing

• veggy

People who call us chipper.

• proudtospin

remember the guy in CT who put his wife through the wood chipper?  they finally got him as they found a piece of fingernail along the highway or something?

eek

• gmafoley

I think that was on "Bones" - they woodchipped someone there too. Being a Forensic Anthropologist in my prior life, I could see that happening.. 

• veggy

Cry Bad news Cry

I don't want to talk about it.

• proudtospin

there really was a case in CT years ago, I think some cop got hooked on finding the solution and finally, after years, solved the crime!

I used to torture my BIL as he had a little chipper...he promised me no persons would be chipped

• gmafoley

Veggy (((((CyberHugs))))) again.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

((((Hugs)))) Veggy.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Maybe chipper is the word of the month? If somebody says I look chipper I might have to smack 'em upside their head with a tree.

Veggy. Hugs

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245

So sorry, Veggy. Huge Hugs coming your way.