OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Big hugs Veggy.

Here chipper means you are bright and spritely. It is quite 'English' And its considered a very pleasant and polite thing to say. Funny how words can mean such different things in different places.

Must get on with some work.

Hugs to all

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Alyson - chipper means the same thing here...  it just ALSO is the name of a tool that chops up sticks.  I was just havin' fun....  :)

• gardengumby

another big hug for you here, Veggy:

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575

Alyson, as Garden Gumby said it means the same thing but it isn't used often. My issue was-what did I look like 2 weeks ago if I looked chipper yesterday?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

yeah, like when you get a siple hair cut and folks say, wow, you look so much better....did I look that bad before?

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I am not chipper!!! My oncologist called and told me the lesions on my liver are cancerous. My chemo vacation is cut short. Been crying . I had to tell my mom and sister. They cried too.

Thanks for the hugs.

• Alyson

Its being used alot here at present. Wonder what show it has been used on?

• gardengumby

that's probably it! Television!

BTW Alyson, I see you were on femara. Are you still, or did you stop at 5 years?

• Alyson

Veggy sending huge gentle hugs. There is something I want to say but think I might get banned if I did.

• proudtospin

I asm so sorry and have no other responses as I have not been in your shoes

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

veggy, you are in my heart and prayers

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

That word chipper for some reason really bugs me. Maybe it stems from being in elementary school and there was a little boy named Chipper in my second grade class. None of the girls could stand him because he would run around and try to kiss us all....and he was not a handsome boy....

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Veggy......I'm going to say what I think Alyson wants to say......FUCK CANCER.....

Ok, your chemo break is over, I'm so sorry about that but now you need to get back on it and kick those MF cancer cells to the curb...you're strong veggy....you will do it!!!!!

BTW....has anyone heard from Granny....she hasn't posted since she went for her US....

sent her two PM's but nothing...😱

• Alyson

This is for Veggy   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKY_OysWu3k.  It works if you copy and paste it in for some reason didn't link.

This expression is used a lot here; it is an old ad but still funny.

Gg I stopped the femara at five years. I am actually on a trial to see if it makes any difference doing five years or carrying on. My Onc thinks that five years is more than enough.

Mary, we don't use Chip or Chipper as a name here. However I really understand about associations with names. As a teacher I had /have several I really don't like because of little darling I taught.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Oh Veggy, I am so sorry to hear this news.  Love, ((((hugs)))) and prayers.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

I'm with Scottiee on this Dear Veggie. Sending you all my love, thoughts and prayers to give you strength.

• Alyson

This is to make you smile. My DGS aged two. DGD has just discovered little brothers make good models.

• marywh

Oh Alyson, that is priceless...

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Very cute ALyson!

Praying for a calm after the storm.. I hope this picture will brings peace to the ones that need it:

One of my favorite morning pictures above the fog taken around 6am last fall.

• proudtospin

Granney is in the midst of moving so figure she is a tad occupied for now

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

I'm hoping that's what it is.....😄

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Forgot about the move......could be the reason......did it at at 70, and again at 76 (not because I wanted to at 76), and trust me.....it sucks......my next move will be to the cemetary....hope she is ok.......

• veggy

Thanks everyone for your support and love. This is so hard on my family and myself. My 20 year old lays in my arms and tels me he worried. I can't put into words how it rips my heart.

Price of camera - $200

Price of Tutu     - $12

Price of hat       - $8

Picture             - priceless

That was way too cute.

Hugs!

• veggy

• marywh

Just found out today,I will be on Ixempra forever or until it quits working...Cry

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

What is it? Pill? IV chemo?

• marywh

Its chemo..They call it evil Ixempra. Its an ass-kicker.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617

Veggy: thinking of you with loads of chocolate and sweet summer mornings. Brenda

• Alyson

Morning you lot it's almost bed time here. I am as we would say knackered. I decided to re-cover the dining room chairs and now my body has set up a protest committee which is about to call a general strike.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

For all that have little girls in their lives that are into the dress up phase, I just bought some clip on earrings that were perfect to go with an Ariel costume. The little one -4 y/o was so excited. They can be found at thrift shops. I wouldn't suggest the screw on types :)