• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Happy birthday Gma

When do you move GG?

Big hugs

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Happy Birthday Gma...many many more

Veggy...this shit storm will pass...I know it will..

Huggs to all my sistas.

I'm still unpacking

Grannydukes

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Well Im glad to see you granny, no matter how small a post ii is. Hope you get done soon..Alyson when do you leave on your trip? I doubt theres going to be any place to wear your wool coat...Where all are you going?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Granny I'm glad u'r getting settled back in.

Alyson if u'r coming to the states I doubt to if u'll need a heavvy coat, maybe a little jacket but not much more.(Marywhatdoweknow)???

Veggy OK starting Monday and it's in pill form. OK Take u'r pain pills regularly don't let this pain get a hold of u, sometimes we wat a little to long--please don't suffer if u have meds. And Xeloda is a good drug so have faith in it--cuz I do.  (((HUGS)))

• marywh

All I know is that its hot right now, and humid too. you walk outside and it takes your breath away.I will be so glad when fall gets here.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

It is so damn hot in PA ...

And my AC doesn't fit in the sleeve

I cannot remember it ever being so hot in PA

And

I cannot remember ever being without AC...

Grrrrrrrrrrr

• camillegal

It's not bad here a little humid but not like u guys and Granny no A/C---OMG

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Pa. Is that smothering kind of heat....the type that kills asthma, and makes you just want to stay in a/c....

Made 93 meatballs today for my grandson's birthday tomorrow.....my daughter always has dinner for the family.......I made them for her......roast beef,

, Greek Mac and cheese, pasta salad, hawaian wings, and garlic italian green beans...Iwilll make them too....plus a lb cake...his favorite......thinking about a pineapple upside down cake too...it is a hawaian theme.......busy day......

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

YUM!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sucky

The Greek Mac & cheese, do you use feta? I found a recipe with feta, yummy!

Tell us?

• spookiesmom

OMG. I MEANT DUCKY

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

I need recipe too. Sounds yummy wonderful. I went to Mr. Google - found with spinach, feta and "touch of cinnamon".

• duckyb1

Spookie......LMAO.......hey sometimes I am Sucky, especially when the Femara SE's kick in.....lol.....yes, Feta cheese........just finished my beans..now on to both cakes........ Busy, busy, busy...........

This grandson is the "love of my life"..........,,I have 18 grands, but this one just warms my heart.....no matter where he is, what he is doing, or who he is with.....when he hears my voice, or sees me enter a room, he is the first one to come running.......he will be 15 tomorrow........and an avid golfer who plays for his school varsity team.......last time he played he had 5 holes in 1...,.....

Great kid....took care of him from a baby....daughter has a great job, and I offered to retire so she could stay at her position....we both worked at the same Pharm. Co.....she would not put him in daycare...trusted only me......lol

Ok....Sucky signing out.........LMAO

• camillegal

Ducky he must be special--all that work--and no wonder u bonded with him every early and that's a bond that is never broken. I took care of my grandson (he lived with me) from 3 weeks til 6 months then he went back home but I stayed for another few months--that's why he acts so close to me I know we bonded too. (my DD was in hospital) but yummy to you, Wonderful food (he deserves it) He sounds like golf is a must for him and to be so good at his age--He has deep power of concentration, which is a gift in itself. And pinapple upside down cake not many people make that anymore and it's so good--my DD does for special occasions and everyone loves it. bJust try to relax some too--it's a lot of work. 

• duckyb1

Cami....hey girlie yes we do get those special bonds......

You take care, and good luck Monday....praying or you.......will be in your pocket......can I bring leftovers......lol......hugs girlfriend....

• camillegal

Ducky oh yummy leftovers, everyone will be attacking u, including me and the Dr.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Spookie my spell check always changes Ducky into Sucky. It is probably your spellchecker that got you.

• duckyb1

Ladies......still LMAO............hugs.....,Sucky......oops....lol

• spookiesmom

AWWWWWW Ducky that's sweet with the GS. I have 2, 8 and almost 6. Still bratty.

I'm on my iPhone all the time to post don't use a computer. My fingers don't always hit the right letters.

• duckyb1

He will always be my little man........lol.....he is 15 Sunday, and 6ft 1 in, and wears a size 14 shoe.....Doc says his pelvic growth plates are still wide open........he will be 6/6 or 6/8 by the time he stops growing......

He has scoliosis, with a 34 degree spinal curve, and is still 6/1........he wears a brace 18 hours a day.........till he stops growing...........and never complains......

• spookiesmom

8 yo is 4'7". Almost 6 is 4' they take after their dad who is 6'8. I'm a shrimp.

We have a spine surgeon here I call the miracle man. He specializes in extreme scoliosis curves. Like 100 plus. He and a friend just released an awesome book,The Gift of Scoliosis. If I ever get around to getting my lower back fixed, he's my man.

• camillegal

I have to say what I like (well One) about my granson he just turned 9 and almost 5' tall and i no longer have to bend over to hug him. I'm about 5'5" getting shorter all the time hahaha.

• spookiesmom

HeeHee! I'm 5'4"

• camillegal

Spookie I was always 5'6" ad now I'm slowly going down, I stretch as much as I can but doesn't make a difference.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Spookiesmom, you have to watch those spell checkers. Mine wanted me to change co-workers to cowpokes.

My 1st GS is 6'4". Neither of his parents are particularly tall.

• marywh

I often wonder where height comes from. Im 5'3 and dh is 5'7 but dd is 5'11 and neither set of grandparents is paritcularly tall. Dont know where she came from. Ducky your party sounds fun and yummy too...are we all invited?

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Hi all.....having a bit of holiday with a cousin who lives near Niagara Falls. She doesn't have a computer but does have an IPad but no wireless so I'm quickly borrowing hers. Ducky I'm thinking about you daily.....hang in there, you will get through this ...Granny.....hope you are settled....Gma.....happy belated birthday.....everybody else....hi ....will be home next week sometime....love you all.

• camillegal

Mary same with my DD everone in line are on the shorter side I WAS 5'6' and considered tall in my Italian family and my ex-her father was 5'8" so no one was tall ad then my DD became a little over 5'10"????? It's funny cuz when she was little she had the bigest feet that a kid could have and he was embarrassed and my dad used to tell her enjoy it, she was like a puppy with big feet cuz he needed them to grow big so she would be tall. And I've ofte noticed when people get puppies the size of their feet and when they are big I know it's going to be a big dog. Such a silly thing to remember but my dad was full of nature stories and everything else.

• marywh

My dd too! Her feet were so big when she was born I had to cut the toes out of her sleepers...other than her feet she was a petite baby. but she really grew into a beauty..Her boyfriend likes to tell her she got mixed up at the hospital..she doesnt look like either one of us.

• duckyb1

Don't any of you dare laugh.....I am 4ft 10in.......used to be 5 foot....last broken vertebrae did it........I said don't laugh..........