OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Funny thing is - I don't drink coffee - but the Diet Dr. Pepper is my caffiene - so I CAN relate to this!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

GmaFoley - Cute picture. DH gets up b4 I do and puts the coffee on so it's waiting for me. Do you like cream soda? A&W Diet Cream Soda is not too bad and it has caffeine in it too though the root beer does not. DD and I learned a long time ago that one of the coldest drinks in drink machines or even in the grocery chillers is the root beer since most people reach for Coke or Dr. P.

Hope the extended release gabapentin does the trick. That form is not something I am familiar with.

• gmafoley

Luvmygoats - I'm not sure what is going on - but I am having sweats, chills, no fever - Will tramadol take the place of the tylenol #3s? or am I having withdrawl symptoms from switching over?  Or is it SE from the new Gralise??? hmmm - now that is a quandary if I ever heard one.. Of course the pain doc did say to call his answering service if anything got too bad...

The only thing he said about the Gralise is that if it makes me too burpy or gaseous to stop taking it.. I said, " I am already full of hot air blowing at both ends, how do I tell?"  I told him if I eat too many dried apricots my DH has to leave the room. We both cracked up!

Edit: And my whole body aches in the morning.. I just feel weird - pain doc also said that he might have to add some gabapentin to the Gralise if my pain gets worse.. Just until the Gralise is up to what I was taking with the gaba.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Gma - I had many patients on Tramadol esp. those we feared would unknowingly take an extra dose or two. I had found it well tolerated. I cared for a case load of mostly NH patients. How long have you been off the Tylenol #3s? Have you taken gaba. before and how did you tolerate it then? Gralise IS gaba. in a once daily dosing form. There are evidently a couple of diff. forms of ER (extended release) gaba. with Gralise being one and Horizant another. Do the sweat/chills go away and do you take it with food? I read not to take with grapefruit juice - personally I would not take any med. with acidic fruit juice. To me is just adds to irritation factor and grapefruit juice I think speeds up absorption. Just know not to do it. Like Sassy says you need to make a chart of what sympt. appear when and what made them better if you know.

And about knowing which one is causing your sympt - that is a problem when making several med. switches at the same time. Extended/sustained release meds are made to NOT hit you all at once otherwise they would be ineffective and downright dangerous. Tramadol should be a fair replacement for #3's but would depend on how many you were taking.

Read to take with food with evening meal.

• gmafoley

Taking all with food - Doc explained emphatically, I need to take the Gralise with food, so it stays in my stomach long enough to swell.  Been on gabapentin at 1800mg for 2 years now and the nerve pain still gets bad with any movement.  

About 3 weeks ago, my NP (covering until my new primary gets here) told me to take the tylenol #3s three times a day regularly until I saw my pain doc.

Pain doc switched me to the new meds on weds - took the Gralise on weds.Didn't start the tramadol(and only half a pill) until yesterday to see what happens.  Got off the tylenol #3s weds.  Took T#3 last night instead of the tramadol and the sweats seemed to stop and I managed to sleep.. I just took tramadol (full pill 50mg.) an hour ago.. doing ok and only pain when touching the spot.. which is a Laughing.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I'm back

Yeah I moved to PA on July 31.

Too old for all of this

I read all your posts but don't remember shit

Veggy,my new neighbor,,,I'm so sorry,,prayers,love,huggs and kisses...ill see you soon I hope

Today my day started off breaking a mirror,screen fell out of the window,AC doesn't work her and my great grandson set oof the alarm in the bldg...just got he puter,phone and tv today...

Ill be back ..hope we are all still goin to Mary,Mary's house.

Praying for each and everyone every day...NED is the word.

All my love

Ill be back

Grannydukes

PTS---ill call you soon.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

So glad to see you back granny. Those things do happen. Gs was over yesterday, and broke a night light that I loved. He felt so bad about it, but then says,I wont tell my mom about this...Isaid I wouldnt either. You all need to come to my house, Ill tell dh everybody is coming to inspect my new porches, and he has to go away for a few days.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hey Granny Girl.....welcome to the Keystone State....your gonna like it here........Glad to have you......hugs

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Thanks Ducky

Does that mean I'm gonna see you?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hope so............

• marywh

Im coming too, I geuss Pa. is the place to be these days..

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all

Granny yoo are not far from Veggy are you? We must organise something, my aunt lives about and hour and a half away!!! We leave Boston on the 2nd and will be in PA until the 9th. That's a warning for you as well Ducky because Philadelphia is on my list. Only three weeks til we leave here.

Doing a happy dance.

• Alyson

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

738fd6b5

• marywh

Oh Cami, he is just a dancing fool, isnt he? I love it...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Mary he's the only one I can put his picture up dancing LOL that's wy u always see hime, I can change backgrounds but not the actual person or picture.

• marywh

Well, I wouldnt change him anyway. Hes a riot.

• marywh

Woo Hoo are the chicks roosting again? If you all are good, I will tell you a bedtime story about navy blue cowboy boots with future dils wedding dressSurprised

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Well, I guess blue boots are better than barefoot? Wouldn't be my choice 😣

• marywh

Tacky, tacky, tacky.I know, I know its her wedding. I just want 1 of my kids to have a picturesque wedding, with suits and high heels and pretty things. I guess Ill just have to hold out for ds #2.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Confession time from MOB. mom of bride. DD chose April to be married outdoors in Florida. It was stinking hot and humid that afternoon. I refused to wear hose. And wore a tummy slimmer. Went to ladies room, was sooooooo hot and sticky couldn't get it all back up, and broke a nail trying. So I threw it all in the trash, and went barefoot too. Much better!

• Alyson

Here's another pair for you Mary.

• Alyson

• marywh

Thats it Alyson...and in pink too! Dont let granny see those-ha-ha

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790

Alyson....now you've done it!!!! You've stirred the wrath of Granny..."pink" she sees "red" when she sees "pink".....ha ha ha

Mary....instead of waiting for DS#2, why don't YOU have your own wedding?....we'll all come as your bridesmaids dressed in pink...ha ha ha ...oh, I'm gonna get a PM from Granny over this one....lol

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Pink is a good color.  I like pink - all except for Pinktober during which I absolutely HATE the color and refuse to wear it.

• gmafoley

Pinktober kinda killed my liking for pink.  I now wear blues an purples.  But please, lets not get Granny started!

mad granny

• marywh

gma, after That picture and you dont want to get granny started????? Scottiee I had 1 wedding and that was enough for me, thank-you very much. Ds #2 just has to come through for me, although I hope not for awhile, hes only 21.Dd got married at 21 and was seperated at 22, but he was a butt-wipe. I tried to talk her into not marrying him in the first place, but she was so sure she wanted to, thought she could change him-he was a bad boy.I dont know, I just think weddings are kind of wierd these days, with all of them living together for years first. In dds case she had the baby first and then the wedding.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

My folks tried to talk me out of marrying my first husband, too.  didn't go well.  he was (as you say) a butt wipe.  Unfortunately, I didn't get smart as quickly as your daughter did - it lasted 7 years.  Worst years of my life. Frown 

• marywh

I just hope my sweet little gs doesnt take after his Daddy.