OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Veggy u don't have to worry about being brave---it's what u are---We all care u know that.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

We are all Family in my book! Edit: I know some families are disfunctional... Hmm.. but THIS FAMILY we can share everything and still support one another!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

and still be dysfunctional and nobody cares!!!!!!I am the first to admit I dont function like a normal person, its not any fun!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Count me in that group too............we put the "fun" in dysfunctional........lol

• gmafoley

I am too and we still can come here, have fun, and hug eachother with no bad feelings.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

lordie but the first time a pal told me her family was disfunctional, had no idea what she meant

I figured it out when my family turned it into a life style.....my family is so un- functioning it is not believable

sort of gave up on their nuttieness

• duckyb1

Nah Proud..........I think my gang has cornered the market on dysfunctional........of course all 6 think it is the other sibling.......it could never be them.........lol.....I just sit and watch......what a crew.........

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

If you are still communicating you don't truly understand the word dysfunctional! Laughing

• duckyb1

LOL........we do communicate, whenever they decide to......in a crisis they are great......otherwise it's whenever the spirit moves them.........funny thing is listening to them criticize each other..........yet they will be there when you need them........if things are going well...........forgetaboutit.......lol

• proudtospin

no my family is not in communication currently, saw my sister at my brothers funeral in Jan, that was after about.....7 years of no contact?  Although, she did take my call 5 years ago when I called her about my diagnosis and to ask about what my moms lung cancer started as

lets see, she did send me a Bday gift and I called to say thanks, that was May, has not answered any of the e mails since.....who knows these days~

she split from hubby, has a ton of money, big new house with pool and all so do I sound jealous?  yeap

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Ditto to what Ducky said.  I was going to type it but she beat me to the punch.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I've often heard of friends being called "my family of choice" - you're not stuck with those you were born to. Knew someone who flew to Germany every year to spend Christmas with her family of choice.

• gardengumby

My family of choice is my hubby.  :) 

Haven't spoken to sis in 10 years other than once when diagnosed.  She sent flowers, I called to thank her - she said SHE wouldn't get cancer 'cuz she exercises every day and doesn't ever drink alcohol.  

I won't even start on a couple other family members

and then there's the one's who want to know any info/dirt that's going on anywhere so they can tell everyone else. 

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

I just got my Xeloda medication. Its for real and I'm scared. I have to get myself back on y feet and start fighting.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hugs Veggy and we are all with you.

My mother always said 'God gave us our family but thank God we make our own friends!'

Big hugs to all.

• duckyb1

I am an only child, so it's not my siblings.........I have none.......it is my goofy kids....all 6..... They get their asses in knots, at times......I have a saying......YOU SEE THE WAY YOU GOT MAD..........WELL THAT IS THE SAME WAY YOU CAN GET GLAD........and as far as visits go.......another saying....YOU DON'T COME.....YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO HOME......AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

You get tired trying to keep the peace...

• marywh

im really pretty lucky when it comes to family, we all get along for the most part. I have 1 sister who is a little wacky, but in a good way. I get along with everybody but some of my siblings dont like eachother very much.

• Alyson

• gmafoley

I know this has nothing to do with you all but it made me laugh - being my birthday today - I need to laugh.  I play ToonTown, A Disney online Game, with the grandsons. When mygranddaughter was young she used to play this game with me.. She quit playing after mommy divorced daddy and lived with mommy.  Anyway, she got me addicted - this is why this pic is so funny to me.

Edit: Forgot - Bummer - It won't let me publish it :(  - It said " I suffer from ODD - Obsessive Disney Disorder.  The only cure is more Disney...."

It kinda reminded me of our Caffeine/Coffee/Dt. Coke funny pics.

• Alyson

• marywh

Happy Birthday Gma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gardengumby

Happy Birthday, GMA!!!!  (Here's your Disney fix).

• gmafoley

Alyson - couldn't see your picture but the black section made me laugh too! 

I just had the greatest Birthday Present Ever for a Grandma! The Grandson called me on Sype and  John Ross(6 yrs) sang Happy Birthday in Mandarin and William(3 yrs) sang Happy Birthday in English. Not many grandmas I know can get sung to in two languages!

• proudtospin

Oh so nice a birthday gift!

my nephew did that for me one year, he sounded like Marilyn Monroe.  It was a bit of a problem as I was not sure which neice or nephew it was~~~

but congrats for the very smart kids in your family!

• duckyb1

Happy Birthday GMA...... .enjoy the day.....

Cami......pocket person too..........

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Happy Birthday gma!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh I'm the dysfuntional one in my family--but no one seems to care and all my friends re dysfuntional and they are great.

Veggy 1st one today--Are u getting an IV? I never get these meds straight, ever--tell us how u r feeling.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Happy Birthday GMA!!!!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

My oncologist called me back last night. She was upset by the idiot nurse who went over my new chemo.The oncologist answered my questions, lke for example, how much do I take. She wanted me to talk to one of the higher ups in that building. Today that woman called. I'm starting the chemo pill on Monday. Xeloda. I have been in so much pain today that I took a pain pill and took a nap. It feels so good to slep.

hugs

• gardengumby

Veggy - Glad you have a decent oncologist - heaven save us from some of the PAs and nurses (though many of them are great, too many of especially the PAs seem to be bent on thwarting you at every turn).

In the meantime, big hugs.  Sleep!!  I swear I don't hurt nearly as much when I get enough rest.  Be kind to yourself.