OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

ok im not laughingSurprised

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

I used to be 5'4" and am now 5'2" and that's without breaking anything. I'm definitely not laughing.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

When my gran kids stand next to me one says.."yo, Nan did your legs just fall off"...........another one says......."Nan, did you just fall in a hole"........they are all over 6 ft.....,

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

I'm 5'1" (maybe 1 and a half inches), but whatever...

Ducky your food sounds great, and so does your GS.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

I'm 5'8", used to be 5'10".  I miss the 2 inches but I'ld feel worse about it if DH hadn't shrunk too - even more. 6'2" to 5'10".

• marywh

I havnt shrunk any in hieght just grown around the middle ha-ha

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Know that problem Mary. I would be the right weight if I was 6 inches taller. I was 5' 4" but more like 5' 3" now, well thats my story.

Ducky, my Mum was about 4' 10" even though she said she was 5ft. She would say that good things come in small parcels. I suppose I should add what my father's reply was - 'and so does poison'. She was a little pocket battleship and a great character.

Hugs

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Sounds like my tiny short mom, she claimed to be 5' but none of us believed her, she was more like 4' something and did seem to shrink in later years

I am a tall 5'2" although I lie and say I am taller so the weight charts look better

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I am 5ft.used to be 5/2 but shrunk too

I like being short

My mom used to say great things come in small packages.she was 4/10..

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Ducky no one is going to laugh--we have or will shrink, I've started and I was very upset, I't like my body is full of shrinkage LOL

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

5' 8"

• marywh

Oh Veggy you lucky girl...I always wanted to be tall.

• wren44

Alyson, saw a sign once:

My weight is exactly right for my height, which varies.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

My DD topped out at 5'10. She was embarrassed by her shoe size, 11. My dad the builder always told her a building needs a good foundation.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

If she had small feet, she'd be tipping over all the time. Even more embarrassing. I take an 11 shoe.

• duckyb1

My daughter asked my grandson what he wanted today for his birthday dinner....He said...."Nannie's homemade Philly cheesesteaks".......,..of course I was there in a heartbeat making them.......it was nice, a quiet little dinner, after last nights big celebration.......

Had an episode at 1am this morning........like my 2007 heart attack.....was not sure....waited a couple hours, and finally drove to the hospital......they did a cardiogram, and 1 set of blood enzymes......EKG was ok, the night I had the heart attack it showed the heart attack happening......this was good, no problem..........enzyme showed ok, wanted me to stay for a 2nd enzyme...did not want to.......so here I am..........no idea what the hell it was, but it's bullshit.....anxiety I am sure...

So I drove home dozed off in the recliner, and then to my daughters for my grandson's actual birthday.

Ok now.........problem is, it is hard to tell severe anxiety from heart attack.......oh we'll shit happens.........

• marywh

Eww Ducky, I bet that was scary. I remember when I was taking Halaven and it was making my heart do funky things, that was really scary.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh Ducky hat sucks, it's so scary==I hope u'r feeling better today. Well if those tests came out all right that's good right?  I know it could be anxiety, I think it mimics heart attacks alot and u don't have to feel nerveous about anything they just come on. Even the tingling and all that chit. Please take it easy anyway. Ducky why did u wait so long? and u drove u'rself? Wow u'r something. Do u take meds for anxiety too? U'r right tho All of this is chit.

• duckyb1

It is scary, cause your so unsure, and I don't get the usual heart symptoms, even when the real one happened......in 2007 when they said...we have to do a cardiac Cath....I said "why ".....the nurse said "cause your having a heart attack".......I said "no way"......she said "then why did you come".....I said "to be reassured it was anxiety, and not a heart attack"..........she said...."not this time, this is the real thing"........so how the hell can you be sure.

No Chest pain,no sweating, no vomiting, no jaw pain,no left arm pain...just a feeling of "impending doom, with this odd sensation in my back, and shoulders, and rapid heartbeat........oh well

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hugs for Ducky

• proudtospin

Ducky, love the fact your grandson wanted your cheese steaks for bday!  Classy kid.

I have a pal who had a heart attack while on a cruise in the Carribean.  She thought she was having acid indigestion and went to the infirmary for pepto.  The insisited on checking her out and informed her she had either just had or was having a heart attack.  I have long heard that woman have dif symptoms than men.

Do be careful, glad you checked it out and hope all is cool.  Yeal, I get all nervous and once got heart palps from some family issues.  For me it was nerves.  

Deep breath Ducky, do some yoga breathing and maybe it will help?

• duckyb1

My grandson is having try outs for his HS golf team today........Of course I am nervous for him. He went golfing yesterday with his Father for his birthday (and this kid is good), and his father was having a bad day and jumping from hole to hole, and messed up my grandsons concentration, and then got pissed cause he did not do well the day before try outs........well I guess not "asshole" when you ruined the day..........Did the "well that's just me and if no one likes it too bad deal" when he came home.........then the cold shoulder, no talking bullshit......felt like punching his lights out........then writes a note to my grandson before going to work saying good luck..........,,sorry "asshole" you can't unring the bell"

Well anyway my daughter said my grandson seemed preoccupied this morning, and not much sleep.......just hope it's pre-tryout jitters, and not still thinking about his father's tantrum........

My son-in-aw has no idea how words and facial expressions hurt........he needs serious communication skills 101.........you don't mess with one I love........and let me find out...

• duckyb1

Believe it or not I really like my SIL, but when he acts like an asshole......forgetaboutit.....

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Thinkin of u ducky...prayin too.

Last week my friends daughter who is a nurse came to visit and found her mom on the floor.she has never been sick and after lots of tests she is wearing a monitor for a week cause they are not sure if it was stress or a heart attack.

Easy does it..

We are getting too old for all this shit.

Feel betta my sista

Huggs grannydukes

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Granny

I've heard women have different symptoms too. Glad you went to be checked out, if there is ever a next time, chew an aspirin and go immediately.

• proudtospin

yeah, do not expect me to chew an aspirin, I wear a warning bracelet as the last time someone suggestion aspirin to me, I ended up with a wicked bad reaction, asthma big time

aspirin it seems is an NSAID which is the same catagory as motrin, advil aleave and all the junk...and some of us are highly alergic, freaks the heck when I hear recommendations of an aspirin.  It is a common alergy really so poo poo to the Bayer man

• wren44

Ducky, my best friend has anxiety attacks. Our EMT's told her to call again if she had the same symptoms because they were the symptoms of a heart attack. They said they'd rather come to 10 anxiety attacks than miss a heart attack. Driving yourself is not safe, however. What if you passed out and ran over people? You'd never forgive yourself.

• duckyb1

I knew I was ok to drive........that is what happens ......but not the chest grabbing, fall on the floor type that you see in movies or on commercials.......it is the "oh shit something is not right type that says "now what the hell is this", kind of feeling..........had it both ways.....2 times it wasn't, then 1 time it was, then 2 times after the HA it wasn't so when can you be sure this trip is gonna cost another co-pay, to find out nothing is wrong........

Yesterday the ER nurse said "are your ankles always that swollen.....I felt like saying "no, they are my "go to the ER ankles so you can ask a few more stupid questions"..,,,,,,instead just said "yes, my ankles have a weight problem.....thanks for pointing that out"...........never piss the Duckster off......not good, especially after she finds out nothing was really wrong, and she jut spent $100.00 to find it out.
    <
    Have a Cardio appt tomorrow.......I'll let him figure it out.......tired of the bull shit....damned if I do......damned if I don't......

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

To all, we all have discussed chemo/ anethesia brain. We now can call it anesthesia/chemo/drug brain. This article is in AARP magazine. It discusses the drug classifications that can cause memory loss. It describes why each drug class can cause memory loss. It gives specific names of drugs. It gives alternative drugs that can be substituted. I would suggest reviewing it with your prescribing doc if you have concerns regarding any of your meds. I also suggest you put it in your favorite places on your computer. Also, printing it off for future referrence if you have a printer. Please, pass this on to other BCO friends, friends etc. ;) sassy

www.aarp.org/health/brain-heal...

Ducky sorry your tickers misbehavingUndecided

• duckyb1

Not sure if its the ticker or the brain of the person with the ticker.......you feel stupid after you do the, go yo the hospital thing but when can you be certain it isn't another HA......you really can't because they are so like......it's a crap shoot......like I said...Cardio tomorrow so he can decide what to do.....the Dr in the ER suggested Valium when needed.....problem is you don't know you need it till it happens, wht the hell good is it then.......oh well.........